Make Sure You Get My Shake in the Pic *~* A Lavenous SWDAS Trip Report *~*3/4/17*~*

I love those dresses from Her Universe. I couldn't close them on top so I didn't buy them. I did get the light saber skirt and just this month I was able to close it around my waist. I still can't sit or eat comfortably but I hope by my Fantasy cruise in February I will fit into it!

I can't wait to see Aladdin now that it's gone from DCA!

Those after show snacks sound great, were they normally served or just for Super bowl Sunday?

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, those dresses are super cute! I'm going to check out Her Universe for our upcoming SWDAS cruise!

So....much.....yummy......food.....it's amazing we don't all just roll around the ships every day :rotfl2:

Why do people find it necessary to comment, esp 'mean' comments (ie. guys in line for Princess photos). This is a DISNEY cruise, you don't have to be a GIRL to enjoy a photo op with princesses! :thumbsup2

Loving your report, can't wait for more :banana:

I love those dresses from Her Universe. I couldn't close them on top so I didn't buy them. I did get the light saber skirt and just thus month I was able to close it around my waist. I still can't sit or eat comfortably but I hope by my Fantasy cruise in February I will fit into it!

I can't wait to see Aladdin now that it's gone from DCA!

Those after show snacks sound great, were they normally served or just for Super bowl Sunday?

I LOVE that light saber skirt! :love::love: Zoe actually brought that as well but she didn't end up wearing it but she did wear the glow in the dark Star Wars tee that goes with it it's one of her favorite tshirts. That skirt is absolutely gorgeous!!! I wish I had it in my size I love the material it's made out of. That's awesome that you were able to fit into it and I know you will meet your goal for the February Cruise :goodvibes:goodvibes There are soooo many cute dresses from Her Universe - I would like one of each!

Aladdin is my favorite show that we've seen on any of the cruises and the girl's favorite as well. The Genie really makes it - he's an amazing character and I love the music and the scenery it's awesome! I hope you enjoy it!

They usually have at least one special throughout the day at Flo's but I think these were out a little later than normal for Super Bowl Sunday. I'll have to check it out a little more this next cruise to see what the timing of the food offerings is. But the pizza and things like sandwiches, fries etc. are always open pretty late at Flo's.

Oh my gosh, those dresses are super cute! I'm going to check out Her Universe for our upcoming SWDAS cruise!

So....much.....yummy......food.....it's amazing we don't all just roll around the ships every day :rotfl2:

Why do people find it necessary to comment, esp 'mean' comments (ie. guys in line for Princess photos). This is a DISNEY cruise, you don't have to be a GIRL to enjoy a photo op with princesses! :thumbsup2

Loving your report, can't wait for more :banana:

Thanks for the compliments on the dresses! There are SO many cute things on Her Universe you should definitely check it out I could go nuts on that site lol!

Everytime I do a trip report I am amazed at the amount of food I manage to put away when I look back on the pictures. It's all in the name of trip report "research" of course! :rotfl2:

I totally agree about the "mean" people - I was kind of surprised to run into that on a Disney cruise! I guess there's "one in every crowd" :headache: One of the best memories I have at Walt Disney World was my 2 sons when they were teenagers getting fought over by Cinderella's stepsisters and Lady Tremaine while we were having pictures taken. It was hilarious!

Thanks for reading along :goodvibes

*~*Breakfast*~*

The Captain had announced that we would be getting into port about an hour late which was nice because we didn't need to rush and were able to take our time in the morning. We were up at 6:45 that morning. We spent a little time on the verandah checking to see if we could see the shore yet.

IMG_0334_zpsnck1dstr.jpg

IMG_0336_zpsii0ujp1i.jpg

Before we made our way through an empty Deck 11 on our way to Cabana's for breakfast

IMG_0339_zpsum2vnqqg.jpg

IMG_0340_zpsmlfbsddr.jpg

Zoe pretty much has the same exact breakfast every time we are on a cruise - strawberry pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs, and orange juice

IMG_0341_zpsuyend6zy.jpg

Andy had eggs with a croissant and sausage

IMG_0343_zpszbka8jos.jpg

Piper's plate - I think she likes the whipped creme :love:

IMG_0345_zpshr4n5nvw.jpg

I'm not sure who's food this was but I am guessing Andy's

IMG_0346_zpswl6ceu7u.jpg

This was my plate - Hash, 2 pastries, and a chocolate milk. That's a well balanced meal, right? :rotfl2:

IMG_0348_zps09yhboji.jpg

After we finished our breakfast we went up to the top deck to take pictures and watch as we pulled into port

IMG_0349_zpslyitrqhn.jpg

IMG_0350_zpskpa40kgi.jpg

The deck still seemed to be empty - I'm guessing a lot of people were planning on disembarking the ship in Cozumel

IMG_0351_zpsvizdlcbv.jpg

We could see other cruise ships off in the distance

IMG_0356_zpsk4yxdz7c.jpg

Funnelvision was playing Sleeping Beauty. Piper's favorite princess has always been Aurora. When she was little she wore her Aurora princess gown and wig that she got at Disney EVERYWHERE. The best was when she would wear it to her big brother's soccer games - everyone got a kick out of that one :goodvibes

IMG_0357_zps019xf1df.jpg

Because there was still time to enjoy the ship we wound up playing another round of Mid ship detective agency

IMG_0358_zpsva94iiwz.jpg

We grabbed our clues

IMG_0359_zpsobapzh9h.jpg

You take the smaller paper and you have to hold it in the air in front of the screen and get the badge to line up with the outline on the screen

IMG_0360_zpsflbbo7vu.jpg

You will get a clue at each spot which will help you solve the mystery

IMG_0361_zpseycgjrjz.jpg

IMG_0362_zpsv1xa2fxz.jpg

Next up - time to disembark and discover Cozumel!

I'm going to have to put in time to do the Midship detective agency on our cruise! Sounds like fun!

*~* Cozumel *~*

For our first trip to Cozumel, we had decided that we would like to spend the day at the beach. After spending quite a bit of time researching popular things to do in Cozumel and comparing the excursions offered through DCL we had decided to venture out on our own and take a taxi to Mr. Sanchos beach club. We figured for one price we could have unlimited food and beverages as well as chairs, pool access, etc. It seemed like it would be nice not to have to worry about renting chairs, etc. like we had encountered on previous cruises at other locations. We walked off the ship to make our way to the taxi location.

IMG_0377_zpsok7t2d9i.jpg

Disney crew was hard at work cleaning the ship when we walked by. They really do keep it looking beautiful.

IMG_0378_zpsduw75wtb.jpg

If you were interested there was a bike you could take down the pier that was tip based only

IMG_0379_zpsc8pzljbm.jpg

I love how it says "Welcome Home"

IMG_0380_zpscqqdrows.jpg

IMG_0381_zpsuf7akk7u.jpg

As we made our way down the pier I snapped several pictures of the boats in the area

IMG_0382_zpsubsxiw1q.jpg

IMG_0383_zpsebzgklbx.jpg

But nothing compared to this! :love::love: We will see you soon Disney Fantasy!

IMG_0384_zpslpchkc3a.jpg

Piper was toting a bag with all of our stuff for the beach and Zoe was using the walk as an opportunity to connect with her friends at home on her cell.

IMG_0385_zps0g5mtuig.jpg

In order to get to the taxi pick up area you do have to make your way up an escalator, walk a ways, and then back down to ground level

IMG_0386_zpsc7dsrp6b.jpg

I took quite a few more pics along the way - hope you don't mind so many photos!

IMG_0387_zps1zc9vein.jpg

IMG_0388_zpsajroajkz.jpg

IMG_0389_zpsz5h6anf8.jpg

IMG_0390_zpssp8th4a0.jpg

You have to walk through the shopping mall type area to the taxi stand. conveniently! :rolleyes:

IMG_0391_zpsoq4vjl1g.jpg

We explored the shopping area after spending the day at the beach so more on this later!

It was very easy and organized grabbing a taxi. The fare was $18 for the 4 of us each way. All of the fares are listed so you know clearly up front what you will be paying.

IMG_0392_zpsakfj9znw.jpg

There are quite a few taxis waiting of various sizes

IMG_0393_zpsfun7mlzh.jpg

The ride to Mr. Sanchos is about 15 minutes. I didn't really take many pictures along the way because it really looks like any other highway and you really can't see much.

When we arrived at Mr. Sanchos I had our confirmation email and we quickly were welcomed to the club, paid our balance due (you pay only a deposit upon booking), and were inside in no time.

Right near the entrance is a pool with a swim up bar which looked very inviting and was completely empty!

IMG_0394_zpssq6i99jn.jpg

We kept going following our server who took us to find a nice spot along the beach as we knew that was where we wanted to be

IMG_0395_zpsnebo6asn.jpg

We have an early morning soccer game for Zoe so I will be finishing our day in Cozumel tomorrow - stay tuned!

*~* Mr. Sanchos Beach Club *~*

I dug out the original confirmation email from our day at the beach club in case it helps anyone out with their planning. I reserved through ShoreExcursioneer dot com. This total price includes an extra fee for the inflatables which is the "4 water park tickets" mentioned below so it could definitely be done cheaper if you don't add that on but overall we didn't think it was a bad price for 4 people for the day with everything included.

Mr. Sanchos Beach All Inclusive Day Pass Cozumel
Date: Feb/08/2016
Time: At leisure from 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM.
2 Adults (18 years and over)
1 Teenagers (13 to 17 years)
1 Children (4 to 12 years)
4 Water Park Tickets
Sum: $ 222.80
Discount: $ 0.00
Deposit Billed: $ 27.80
Balance Due: $ 195.00

There are nice loungers with umbrellas by the pool

IMG_0412_zpsghwtgyiv.jpg

And a large covered seating area across from the bar/pool area

IMG_0413_zpsakcvjjxt.jpg

I thought the swing "seats" were pretty cool by the bar

IMG_0397_zpsrkvwdhhp.jpg

Our server was Manuel. Once he got us settled in he immediately took our drink orders :drinking1 He was very attentive throughout the day without "hovering".

IMG_0398_zpsdwbkjivu.jpg

We had pretty much the entire place to ourselves at this point. There were tons of loungers ready for guests but it never got crowded here at all the day we went.

IMG_0402_zpsotyyxvi7.jpg

This is a sad little picture but it looks to be the only pic I took of our drinks - I believe we both got pina coladas

IMG_0406_zps4x3tmefr.jpg

The girls waded in the water which was very pretty while we sat on loungers enjoying our drinks. They both had smoothies as well.

IMG_0408_zps8gpbx6kd.jpg

The inflatable water toy area was close by

IMG_0417_zpsiks2zmno.jpg

IMG_0418_zpsyrk9jmvw.jpg

I wandered around a little bit just to check out everything. There were snacks in the seating area like nachos, etc. and a few cute little shops where you could pick up souvenirs

IMG_0414_zps1d9co5du.jpg

IMG_0415_zpso4sojwns.jpg

Zoe and Piper had their heart set on one of the activities available at Mr. Sanchos so we inquired about horse back riding and were happy to find out that it was available any time. We decided we might as well have them go right away. It was $30 per person for 30 minutes. You could ride for longer but we figured that would be enough in case they didn't enjoy it. Andy and I decided to wait for the girls and not join them on the ride.

There is a little stable area with several horses that you can choose from. Zoe and Piper ended up choosing "Womanizer" and "Bandito". They were both very gentle horses.

IMG_0419_zpsq4dj4zgy.jpg

IMG_0420_zpsz2uliqws.jpg

IMG_0421_zpsro4lc6kw.jpg

This was one of the points on the trip when I was really wishing we had the go pro. I would've loved to have the girls wear it to video their ride.

IMG_0424_zpsig3sdncb.jpg

They helped the girls get onto their horses

IMG_0423_zpscbz3l8b9.jpg

IMG_0427_zps3ompoycc.jpg

And then they were off on their adventure!

IMG_0431_zpstifbkxww.jpg

See you soon girls!

IMG_0434_zpshhjctrst.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics! We love Mexico, have travelled several times but Cozumel is one part we haven't made it to (yet!) Your excursion choice is exactly what we would choose!

Love that they offer horseback riding, very cool excursion for your girls!

Interesting to know that there are set fares to the popular spots on the island. Last time in Cozumel we thought about going to Chakanaab, but decided just to check out the shopping center and buy Tequila. This was before the new alcohol ruling.

Great pics! We love Mexico, have travelled several times but Cozumel is one part we haven't made it to (yet!) Your excursion choice is exactly what we would choose!

Love that they offer horseback riding, very cool excursion for your girls!

Thank you! :goodvibes It really was a great day, the girls LOVED it!

Interesting to know that there are set fares to the popular spots on the island. Last time in Cozumel we thought about going to Chakanaab, but decided just to check out the shopping center and buy Tequila. This was before the new alcohol ruling.

I definitely like that you know ahead of time for sure how much it will cost so there are no surprises :thumbsup2 Loved the old alcohol policy! :sad: The only liquid we could buy in the shopping center this trip was vanilla :rotfl2:

*~* Bandito & Womanizer *~*

We knew we had at least a half hour before the girls would come back from their ride so we explored the beach club a bit more.

Here are a few of the pics that I took near the entrance as I didn't take any on the way in

IMG_0435_zpsyk7kmukt.jpg

IMG_0436_zpsen56dhp4.jpg

IMG_0437_zpsszxgwq2o.jpg

There are lockers available for a fee - I don't recall how much they were as we didn't use them

IMG_0438_zpsu2qpxd0l.jpg

After a bit we started making our way down the beach front as they horse ride first goes through the path in the "jungle" and then goes along the ocean at the end. I wanted to make sure I was able to get a few pics of that when they arrived.

There are motorized water vehicles available to rent

IMG_0439_zps90wbzsr4.jpg

Here they come!

IMG_0442_zps8ck3ofgo.jpg

Brace yourself for a whole lotta horse pics :yay:

Piper's horse decided to stop for a moment so the guide went back to round them up :goodvibes

IMG_0444_zpsdlaa9rnl.jpg

IMG_0445_zps2qvxuz3w.jpg

IMG_0446_zpsifo268bk.jpg

IMG_0447_zpspxewlb6c.jpg

IMG_0449_zpsybydsszb.jpg

IMG_0450_zps7foanvuy.jpg

IMG_0451_zpsapgvg1wi.jpg

IMG_0453_zpswabkz73m.jpg

And then they were off again. We all headed back to the stables to meet up and enjoy the rest of our day.

IMG_0454_zps81pxsa8m.jpg

Overall impression? The girls absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED it! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

They still have not stopped talking about this. They went on and on about seeing all kinds of animals in the jungle including big iguanas and they adored the horses. I am so happy they got to experience this! Their guide was great and when we signed the girls up for the ride they mentioned that if we were happy with the tour the guide could accept tips. We had made sure the girls had cash on them give to their guide and it was well worth it.

I would not hesitate to let them do this again in the future. When we were planning our next cruise for this November which includes a stop at Cozumel this was the first thing they asked if we could do again. We are trying Nachi Cocum this trip so we won't be returning yet but when we do I am sure they will want to go horseback riding again.

Zoe and Piper decided to go play on the water toys for a little bit before we had lunch. Andy and I didn't try them out until later in the day. You have a certain color wristband that shows the workers that you have access to the water toy area. They did check for these and life jackets are available if needed.

IMG_0462_zpslrg5objk.jpg

IMG_0457_zpse1ghnded.jpg

Cozumel sounds awesome!

Thanks it really was! I was looking at pics of Cozumel today and thinking about how I can't wait to go back! It was so fun and just beautiful!

Yep, definitely a perfect choice for your girls!!! Looks like an awesome spot all around :)

:cool1: Zoe and Piper were so happy! Bit of a spoiler but the only thing Zoe asked me to buy her the entire trip was a photo of the 4 of us that they took at Mr. Sanchos in a cute little frame. She has it on her dresser now. Melted my heart that she wanted it so badly. It was just a very special day and a great spot! I don't think they will ever forget it. Thanks for reading along :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

That looks great! We did Nachi Cocum on our Wonder Cruise in Feb 2015. We had a great time...very relaxing and quiet and no scenery, and delicious food!

Following! We've booked the SWDS western Caribbean cruise in early March 2017. This is our first cruise and will be a little different from yours because our boys are young (6 and 15 months), but I'm loving the tips so far! I've also had a few laugh out loud moments!

Looking forward to the rest of your TR! It's been really hard reading it since all three of my girls are surrounding me and talking about our upcoming WC cruise. There is a lot of excitement around me while reading! lol. party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter