Magicband and Security

Boardwalk Gal

Lean not on your own understanding.
I am sure this is discussed before--I am flying to Disney tomorrow, the kids want to wear the magic band onto the plane. I just realized that we go through security to get to the gates and wondered if it will effect the chip in the Magic Band....I am assuming NO!! Did anyone else had problems?

Thanks for the tips! In 24 hours i will be in DISNEY!!! WOOT!!!:cool1:

I am sure this is discussed before--I am flying to Disney tomorrow, the kids want to wear the magic band onto the plane. I just realized that we go through security to get to the gates and wondered if it will effect the chip in the Magic Band....I am assuming NO!! Did anyone else had problems?

Thanks for the tips! In 24 hours i will be in DISNEY!!! WOOT!!!:cool1:

No.

No, but I would put it in my carry-on to go through security checkpoints. I can just see some TSA agent making an incident out of you with this unidentifiable device on your wrist that is clearly not a wristwatch and so it must be suspicious.

The airport screening devices will have no effect on your MB. None.

My kids have worn their MBs through Logan (Boston) airport security for 4 trips now. No problem or questions or anything at all. I've worn it maybe 1x (again, no problems) IIRC. HTH.

I would, though, just put them in my purse until we got to ME. Only because if they lose them, they will get gray ones at the resort (which would end up in tears if it were my kids). Just a thought. I know another thread had a DD who took her MB off to wash her hands in a public restroom, and left it there (I have sons and that would never occur to them :) ).

No, but I would put it in my carry-on to go through security checkpoints. I can just see some TSA agent making an incident out of you with this unidentifiable device on your wrist that is clearly not a wristwatch and so it must be suspicious.

I can't imagine that possibly happening. It looks like a bracelet, which plenty of people wear. They will probably ask you to take it off while going through the scanner, though (like a watch or a bracelet).

I can't imagine that possibly happening. It looks like a bracelet, which plenty of people wear. They will probably ask you to take it off while going through the scanner, though (like a watch or a bracelet).

It looks like a fitbit or a watch. I doubt security would bat an eye.

Just did it last weekend both to and from Orlando. No problems! It really gets you excited too!:hyper:

Ok thanks you all for your responses!!! I can ALWAYS count on my fellow Diser's!! :worship:

Now I can have a peace of mind about this!!! Leaving in less than 24 hours!!!!:cool1::banana::woohoo::dance3::cool2:

Good question--we will be there Sunday and my kids will want to put theirs on ASAP. I think I will have them in my purse until after security then they can put them on, just so I don't worry about them having to remove them and then dropping/losing them. So excited!

I would consider packing it in my regular luggage. It is a permanently sealed bracelet containing electronics, antennas, and a watch battery (well, that's what you'll see on the X-Ray scanner). To someone with absolutely no clue, that could mean it is a transmitter (which it is, to a certain degree, as it is an active/long-range RFID unit). Being permanently sealed doesn't help.

Then again, it is Disney stuff, and most Americans (including TSA agents) know about Disney. ;)

You don't want to put it in your checked luggage - you will need it at the airport for Magical Express. Either wear them or keep them in your carry on!

You don't want to put it in your checked luggage - you will need it at the airport for Magical Express. Either wear them or keep them in your carry on!

You don't have to use the Magic Band for DME. Guests from outside the US don't get the bands sent to them, but that doesn't mean they can't use DME.

In the days when "film" ruled the world people thought that putting cameras with film (or just film) through the x-ray machine would ruin it. NOT!!!!! :thumbsup2

It looks like a fitbit or a watch. I doubt security would bat an eye.

Security looked at my bracelet so closely so nothing would surprise me :lmao: They actually took it out of the "bin" and physically examined it. It's a bracelet (not even a metal one, white gold) but apparently it needed close up examination ;)

You don't have to use the Magic Band for DME. Guests from outside the US don't get the bands sent to them, but that doesn't mean they can't use DME.

I had read that before our trip also however once we got down to the DME area they were asking for everyone's bands if they had them. Many of us rifling thru our carryon for a band.

They were directing those without bands back to the desk area and there was quite a line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter