Magical Moments (WITHOUT CAST MEMBER INVOLVEMENT)

PE_TCR

Disney Cruise Adict
Listening to the podcast from last week I have to say I can't agree more with Pete. People going to Disney World and expecting "Magical Moments" are going to be let down. Pre-planned moments lose their magic. My question is:

What are your magical moments that don't involve any cast members (directly)?

For example, my wife and I were engaged at Cinderella's Royal Table. I got the engagement package and it wa magical. NOT what I am looking for. What I WOULD like to hear is something like this:

On that same trip we were riding the momorail at night from EPCOT to the Magic Kingdon and asked to sit in the front for the ride from the TTC to the Magic Kingdon. Just as we turnd toward the Magic Kingdon the fireworks started. We got to view the fireworks from a place few people in the world have probably been able to watch them. We watched a good portion of the show in the font gar of the monrail just the 2 of us and the driver.

Also, we went back for our honeymoon and a friend who worked at Disney a few years ago told us "No matter how silly you feel wear those wedding ears everywhere. Disney will make things happen." We did but the most magical part had no Disney cast member involved. We were about to go on Space Mountain. A woman came to us and said, "Are you on your honeymoon?" I said, "How did you guess?" and laughed. She replied, "Please have a great time. My family is way too tired (it was about 9:00 pm and her little guy was out like a light in the stroller) and we need to go back and get some sleep. Would you like these?" She then handed me 4 fast passes to Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and Winnie the Pooh. This was when you coudl use them any time after they expired. It really made our evening that much more special.

So what are your magical moments that just happened? Ones that there is no way you could even expect to plan or get. Magical Moments in the truest sense.

Any Magical Moments anyone wants to share or are they all created solely by cast members?

Probably only magical to me, but...

For my college graduation in '09, my whole family went to WDW (my grandad hadn't been since the late 80s, so I was really excited to get him to the parks). On our AK day, we stopped to get a pretzel in Africa, and my grandad happened to notice a map of Africa hanging up. He called me over and started showing me different parts of Africa he had been to and the route he took around while he was in the navy. He doesn't talk about his service much (I don't think it was a bad experience, he just lives more for the present than the past), and it was really cool to be able to share that with him :)

I'm so glad I found this thread! I hope you let a lot more replies. These little spontaneous things that, like luckyme said, might only be magical to you and your family. BTW Luckyme your story brought tears to my eyes!

The first magical moment that comes to my mind didn't even happen at WDW. My parents took our family when my big kids were 4 and 3. I found the Dis and got lots of ideas for making our own magic. One of the things we did was a countdown chart. We had a wonderful, magical time during our visit. We haven't been back since but i made a scrapbook, which the kids would look through now and then. I had written out the various happenings, conversations, etc. so that trip is a more vivid part of their memories.

To get right to the point of my story, we are going this August. When we first talked to our kids about it, my big, bad, "too cool" 13 year old ds :cool2: jumped up and said, "Can we do a countdown again? And a scrapbook?" To me, that's magic. pixiedust:

Well, DH is PE_TCR so I'm gonna go ahead and post anyway. Recently I got a chance to go to Disneyland on my own. I went to a friend's 30th birthday party. I got to go straight into the Enchanted Tiki Room and remembered it was supposed to be the original. (This is after the WDW Pele fire) I sat outside waiting for it to open and saw the theming... the explanation of the Hawaiian Gods, while eating my Dole Whip (*wink to Bawb). I finished and sat in the room and proceeded to CRY MY EYES OUT!! Last time I saw the original, I think I was about 7.
Bonus: I just saw that they're bringing back the OJ Bird Thingies that they used to sell at Sunshine Terrace! Tears again! Sigh

One summer the kids and I went solo to Disney while DH had a work trip. We were running late for our normal sidewalk spots for the light parade, MM&Y show, and fireworks. So, we decided to stand in the middle of the circle in front of the castle. Turns out it is a great place to be and... we were standing next to the woman who sings the bulk of the music of the MM&Y show!!! AND she was there with her parents who were there seeing it for the first time!

Not a big deal for the kids, but still make me tear up watching them watch the show together and her mom being so proud.

Another happened while we were all together on a spring break trip (first day, but not first trip) and while waiting what seemed to be a very long time for the MK bus from AKL, DD and DS (3 and 6 at the time) held each-others' hands and began galloping in a circle together chanting/singing "Magic Kingdom, Magic Kingdom!" due to their excitement!

Great thread! Thanks! I can't wait to read other stories! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter