Magical Moments for Kids (Princess makeover) at the Four Seasons - Orlando

DisneyBabies

DIS Veteran
DD1 has aged out of the BBB (or will by the time she goes to WDW again) and I was wondering if anyone had done the princess makeover at the Four Seasons. It looks like something she would love, thought the price is cringe-worthy compared to the BBB, but I can't find pictures of the hairstyles they can do or the tiaras.

Anyone have any info on this?

Thanks so much for your help.

I don't know anything about the Four Seasons package, but I wanted to suggest checking the salon at CSR. They hair, makeup, nails, etc...and I believe they do a cheaper BBB-style package.

She's done the Pirates League and liked it, but her bread and butter is the Princess thing. And between DD1 and DD2, Tea Parties are almost a daily thing in our house.

I guess no one here has done it; I was just really curious because we saw quite a few girls on our last trip that had the same types of hairstyles and tiaras and DD1 showed interest for next time.

I'd love to hear about the Four Seasons options too. I'm not super crazy about BBB hairstyles.

I'd love to hear about the Four Seasons options too. I'm not super crazy about BBB hairstyles.

The princess bun is cute and that's what DD1 got both times, but she has long hair, to the middle of her back, and that makes a difference in how the style looks. They also don't make it as tight as they did years ago and that makes a difference in how it feels to the kids. But being as old as she is, we are always looking for "older" hairstyles for her.

I think the Grand Floridian salon offers something similar too. I remember reading a review about it and it looked even better to me than BBB!

Thanks for this info. I'll see what I can find and post it here for others to see.

Ok, so this is what I found out from the Grand Floridian: First off, this isn't really advertised and they don't have a brochure with information, so I managed to find this which was on the Disney Blog. It is consider overflow from the BBB and they only offer it if someone calls asking about alternatives to the BBB because they couldn't get an appt. Also, it is only available through age 12, so this doesn't help us much because DD1 will be 13. The lady on the phone did offer a hair and make-up session, but the hair (up-do) is $150 and the makeup is $75, plus, no tiara (and she was completely outraged when I told her about that part :D because "The tiara is the best part!"). So, it's here if anyone can use the info, but doesn't work for us:

The Perfectly Prepared Princess Package (Available only at Senses Spas)

So now modern day princesses can be prepped and ready for this regal celebration with a royal makeover – conveniently located at the Ivy Trellis Salon at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Beginning January 8, 2015, there’s a new Perfectly Prepared Princess Package featuring shimmery make-up, glittery nails, and hair styling crowned with a fancy tiara. Sounds divine!

Prices start at $50 for princess hairdo, glitter and a tiara; add a little princess glow make-up for $25 more. Option three includes hair, make-up and a fancy manicure for $90. Kids ages 4-12 can get their princess on with The Perfectly Prepared Princess Package that’s also available at the Coronado Springs Casa de Belleza Beauty Salon and at the Yacht and Beach Club Resort Ship Shape Salon. Reservations will open on December 22, 407-WDW-SPAS

I called the Four Seasons (maybe should have done that to begin with, but I wanted first hand info if I could get it) and they are sending me a copy of the brochure. I will be sure to post it when it gets here and I hope it can help others as well.

Here is the info from the Four Seasons:

I did ask a few questions:

They do not have an age limit for this, but the oldest they have done so far is around 14-15 years old. The only reason (they think) is because most girls do the Royal Treatment which includes a dress and they only have dresses up to a size 12.
The Belle of the Ball package includes crystal hair accessories (hair clips) but they will sub a crystal tiara at no charge.
The up-do depicted on the brochure is not the only one they will do; they can change up the styles a bit to suit you. If you have something specific you are looking for, call and ask if you can email them a picture to see if it will fit in their parameters.

Scan0002_opt.jpg Scan0001_opt.jpg

I hope this helps others!

Does anyone have photos of the Four Season's Magical Moments? I wasn't sure if anyone had been since this was posted. TIA! :)

@taramesu

I just saw that you posted on this thread back in May ... so sorry I didn't get back to you then.

Thank you so much for linking your post about the make-over. I am so glad to hear that you liked it. We have decided to take DD2 here for her trip in September versus taking her to the BBB. An honestly, the hairstyle is the reason we are picking one over the other.

I did have a couple of questions though ... the make up: is it real make up or the play stuff they make for kids? and second, did they give you a choice of what kind of tiara you could get?

Thank you so much for sharing your experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter