Magic Kingdom Rope Drop Procedure: Provide Updates Here Please (since June 2014)

Wow! We were planning on going to RD, since we cannot get FP. We are using old tickets that need to be converted before they can be linked to our bands. Because of that we cannot book any FP in advance of our trip. I was hoping if we went at RD and headed right to the Mine ride we would be ok, maybe need to rethink this idea. :eek::eek::idea:

This all sounds INSANE!! I am really hoping some of this is straightened out or at least calms down by our trip in October. My 6 year old has her heart set on seeing Elsa, but if we can't get a FP, I'm probaby just going to forget about it. There is no way I'd get caught up in a mob like that. It's not worth that. It takes away so much of the magic of Disney if you don't take in all the sights and smells and sounds of Main Street when you first walk in. It's sad.....:sad:

If the park opens for resort guests at 8:00, you should have no trouble at all getting to Crystal Palace by 9:10. If you are staying on property, it's definitely not a problem. If you are not staying on property, I would suggest that you get there about 8:45 and go to the special gate for people with early dining reservations (on the far right side of the gates, I think, but if not, maybe somebody will correct me here). I would be shocked if they wouldn't let you go ahead and get in the park, especially if your husband has a cane.

Thanks, we are staying on property!

After not being able to get FP+ for 7DMT, and reading stories like this, we've decided to just skip the attraction on our upcoming trip. It'll still be there another time. I'll take my pictures from a distance. :)

After not being able to get FP+ for 7DMT, and reading stories like this, we've decided to just skip the attraction on our upcoming trip. It'll still be there another time. I'll take my pictures from a distance. :)

May I suggest getting in line about 10 minutes before the park closes? I just did this on Sunday. Got in line at 11:49pm. Back out front at 12:14am. Not bad at all and totally worth it!! They will close the line promptly at park close. Do not be even one second late!

Don't skip the ride, just go later in the evening. We rode it twice during the last half hour of operation on a non-emh night a few weeks ago. This is a much more efficient use of time than getting caught up in that rope drop madness.

Just keep in mind that the posted wait times are often greatly exaggerated in the evening. Our posted time was 80 minutes at 11:30 pm, but it only took about 20 mins the first time and 10 for the 2nd trip.

can someone please explain what path to follow for rope drop to 7dmt for someone who has never been to disney world. Im not familar with some of the terms you are using such as rose garden and hub etc... If you could use terms such as the giant statue of mickey mouse or something like that it would be really helpful for me.

can someone please explain what path to follow for rope drop to 7dmt for someone who has never been to disney world. Im not familar with some of the terms you are using such as rose garden and hub etc... If you could use terms such as the giant statue of mickey mouse or something like that it would be really helpful for me.

I would get in line on the right hand side of the rope....they will split off once they get to the hub and walk across a bridge that's beside Starlight Cafe....that's when the free for all begins...

...We are using old tickets that need to be converted before they can be linked to our bands. Because of that we cannot book any FP in advance of our trip...

How old are those tickets? My tickets are a couple years old and I was able to link them on MDE and me FP+ reservations.

what are the odds of getting a fp for 7dmt for 9/16 or 9/17 for 2 ppl 30 days out. not staying on property?

Ugh:sad2: Between this, the reduced monorail schedule, and the construction/closed pool at Poly, my trip next week is looking bleaker by the minute. I just need to remember to breathe and go to my happy place. Oh man, that was WDW;) Anyway, I didn't get FP+ for 7DMT, because Touring Plans suggested not to. I got SM, Buzz, and BTMR instead. If we can't do 7DMT this trip safely, then I am just going to say fooey (actually it will probably be a word that's a little more adult than that) and just enjoy what we can. It's not worth getting hurt. I guess the cruise the following week will be my happy place this time.

I'm a little surprised at all of this. Why are these chicks so popular? I haven't seen Frozen yet. Plus, we did RD every day on our previous trip to WDW and last year at DL. Things looked so organized and under control. Even RSR at DL was organized, even though I waited in line for both the FP and the FP return line for more than 2 hours together. At least people were friendly and trying to laugh it all off.

I'll actually really have to watch myself in the mob. I have a tendency to make myself very small and maneuverable in crowds without being pushy. I often times manage to slip past to the front of crowds somehow. My DH calls it the eye of the tiger:blush: I don't want to accidentally get separated from DH who will probably be carrying DS. Thank goodness DS doesn't way much for his age.

We were at MK on Saturday, July 19 with a large family group. We saw the train arrive, etc., then meandered down Main Street, got a photo in front of the castle. Rode Little Mermaid (definitely not my choice, but that's what you get when you're with 13 other people, LOL!). Only then did we go to 7DMT -- it was around 9:30 at this point. They claimed 60 minute wait, but we were on the ride within 45. (We hadn't been able to get FP+ for it.)

So even if you can't be in the first crush of people there, might still be worth checking. FWIW, it seemed like that day, all the big rides were consistently 15 minutes less than their posted wait times, which was great.
-e

what are the odds of getting a fp for 7dmt for 9/16 or 9/17 for 2 ppl 30 days out. not staying on property?

I just looked. There was availability on 9/16 at 5:45pm, but only standby on 9/17. It's possible that there were other times on 9/16, that's just the choice it gave me. Once you select an option of 3 FP+ times, you can go in and change each FP+ individually to a different available time. I didn't want to do that, because it would have made me cancel one of the current ones for next week. 9/17 is a morning EMH day at MK, so maybe that's why. However, there was an FP+ for A&E on 9/17. Not sure what time though.

Good luck

It's possible. The main thing is to keep trying. Keep trying several times a day, as often as you can. You might get lucky, people change their plans.

The rope drop show has been at. 8:40 with the park opening before 9 for published 9am openings this summer.

I just looked. There was availability on 9/16 at 5:45pm, but only standby on 9/17. It's possible that there were other times on 9/16, that's just the choice it gave me. Once you select an option of 3 FP+ times, you can go in and change each FP+ individually to a different available time. I didn't want to do that, because it would have made me cancel one of the current ones for next week. 9/17 is a morning EMH day at MK, so maybe that's why. However, there was an FP+ for A&E on 9/17. Not sure what time though.

Good luck

How do I find out when extra magic hours are? When I go to disneys website and look at the dates of the 9/16 and 9/17 it doesn't list them as having extra magic hours for MK under park hours so where can I look to find this info out?

How do I find out when extra magic hours are? When I go to disneys website and look at the dates of the 9/16 and 9/17 it doesn't list them as having extra magic hours for MK under park hours so where can I look to find this info out?

Doesn't appear that 9/17 is EMH for MK when looking at the official WDW website as well as another pretty reliable source, www.wdwmagic.com. WDW recently changed all the EMH days/parks to some degree, so just need to make sure you (as a collective "you") are looking at the right schedule. For the next little while, I'm just relying on the official WDW website/app for park hours to make sure it is correct. The change actually affected some of our plans on a trip earlier this month, so make sure you've got the latest schedule if you started your day-to-day trip planning more than a month or so ago when the change was made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter