Magic Kingdom After Hours coming back (DAH); Reviews: Page 18 >>

we bought tickets to the March 9th evening.. I have a question.. I've heard that as long as you get into a line up before the park closes, they let you stay in line..so say 7DMT has a 60 min line up at 9 pm...will it take an hour for that line up to clear out? Really looking forward to seeing peoples feedback/info from the first few nights!!

I'm at tomorrows, feb 2 and the last one (so far, might do another one)
Maybe try for 1/27. Sounds like several of us will be at that one. (Then again, maybe that's reason enough for you to stay away!) I probably will wait to buy my ticket until I get a better feel on the weather.

It'll be anything opened that you would see during EMH.. basically the whole park minus tom sawyers, etc etc etc..

casey's and starbucks are the pay food options so if you think you need to eat, do it before the others close (and they will close about 30 minutes or more before day guest close).

I strongly recommend you get some premade sammiches or somethign from the resort and leave them in the room. You burn a lot of calories at after hours and i'tll be welcomed to have something waiting in the room.
Yes, being only a 3 hr event, why would you want to waste valuable time eating..yes, I plan on eating before I arrive, or arrive early and eat there. And with free snacks, that will be enough for me I was just curious.

Ok... lots of advertising of DAH across Disney's Twitter accounts this week. I've seen two tweets from @WaltDisneyWorld, at least one from @WDWToday, and one just now from @disneyparks. Here's the cut/paste from the DisneyParks link:

Thu, January 19, 2017
Disney After Hours Event Nights Return to Magic Kingdom Park January 20
aa89e1fd793e4eed52553813f14c340f

by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

Last year, Disney After Hours event nights debuted at Magic Kingdom Park and wowed guests with an amazing nighttime theme park experience. The hard-ticket offering, which will be offered on select nights in January, February and March, officially returns to the park for its first event night on Friday, January 20.

Here are the top three reasons guests are loving this hard-ticket event.

1. Little to No Wait at Attractions – Disney After Hours events are limited to a small number of guests, allowing attendees to maximize their time in the park with little to no wait at 25 attractions and experiences, like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid, Space Mountain and many more.
  2. 7 p.m. Entry Into The Park – The Disney After Hours ticket allows park entry as early as 7 p.m., which gives attendees time to enjoy the park’s “Wishes” fireworks spectacular. Event guests (only) will be allowed to remain in the park for three hours past the park’s scheduled closing time.
  3. Snacks Are Included – Ice cream novelties, popcorn and select beverages are also provided as part of your admission.
Disney After Hours event nights are currently set for January 20 and 27, February 2, 9 and 16, and March 2 and 9, 2017. (Please note: Disney After Hours does not replace Extra Magic Hours (EMH) for our resort guests and are instead held on non-EMH dates).

Tickets are available now. Click here for more information or call 407-827-7185.

Disney After Hours is another magical addition to our Enchanting Extras Collection at Walt Disney World Resort. You can learn more by visiting this link.

It's more that an after park close MK wedding prices start at $180,000.00 and that's the bare minimum you can borrow the castle stage for 20 minutes. not much overheard to have a wedding as an after hours event..

Don't get me wrong, I want these all the time, maybe a couple dates a month and people could plan for them or not, etc etc etc.... In slow season you kind of get burned out with them. I felt that last year, i would do what I wanted in a couple hours sunday nights and then walk into after hours and be like, I did everything I want to do this week already.. now what do I do..
Wow that is an expensive wedding !

Following up on above... Disney is certainly pushing the "little to no wait" theme and also the 7PM in the park (vs. the 4pm theory)....

Personally I wish Disney would stop advertising! Shhhh......

They made a mini social media only commercial for it and it had a LOT of comments about how 3 hours is a rip off... I think they are trying to correct their yet again poorly advertised event... They were doing so good..

It'll start selling out, I think the dvc parties start in feb and next week peopel will be begging for no crowd with pro bowl here (or I think). I can't see it being less peopel than early jan.

I actually changed my travel dates specifically to attend this event. Originally I was scheduled to go March 3rd-8th and would have just missed it. I think the price is reasonable, personally. It is quite literally, the closest I will ever get to being the 'only' person in the parks.

We are going on the 9th Feb, I see it says you can only get entry from 7pm but the MDE app allowed me to book FP's from 5pm to 8pm so if anyone is going before the 9th Feb can confirm if you can get in before 7pm I would appreciate it :)

This might have been discussed earlier, but the time for Mach 2nd changed (was 8-11pm when I bought tickets, now 9-12am). Luckily I decided against buying tickets for my whole family and instead just I am going (my wife volunteered to sleep with the kiddos). I had given thought to buying tix for all 4 of us, but glad I decided against it. My 2.5 and 4.5 year olds up until midnight would be a hot mess.

we bought tickets to the March 9th evening.. I have a question.. I've heard that as long as you get into a line up before the park closes, they let you stay in line..so say 7DMT has a 60 min line up at 9 pm...will it take an hour for that line up to clear out? Really looking forward to seeing peoples feedback/info from the first few nights!!

Correct the first hour of after hours, the popular rides will have a line to clear out.. don't treat it like rope drop, everyone is going to rush the popular rides and make a line.. enjoy the place for 30-60 minutes on all other rides and then the populars will be no wait the rest of the night.

Hope you have a great time and please report back :) I'm sure the kiddos will love it!!!!! I'm excited to take my girls on the 2nd.

My daughter and I went last May, and had such a good time that once they announced this we decided to take advantage of it and our AP's and have our family of five go on February 2. So posting and subscribing to this so I can stay up on the reviews. I am especially curious as to what the DJ/dance party thing is about. Fingers crossed it won't be too busy and be like our experience the first go around in May.

Changes so far...

Popcorn, as mentioned
Friar nooks stay open all night
Still lanyards
Hand out telling you exactly whats open.

Lanyard and open sheet dated so some nights might be different.

I came in after 7. I cant wait for everyone to go away. Its an annoying run without looking crowd (day guests)

Changes so far...

Popcorn, as mentioned
Friar nooks stay open all night
Still lanyards
Hand out telling you exactly whats open.

Lanyard and open sheet dated so some nights might be different.

I came in after 7. I cant wait for everyone to go away. Its an annoying run without looking crowd (day guests)
Thanks for keeping us updated! Enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter