Magic Kingdom After Hours coming back (DAH); Reviews: Page 18 >>

yulilin3

DIS Veteran
Last spring, Guests who attended Disney After Hours events at Magic Kingdom Park told us they had excellent experiences and especially enjoyed the quicker access to attractions and character greetings. Back by popular demand, this special ticketed event will return next month.

Available to a limited number of Guests, Disney After Hours enables participants to maximize their time in the park with little to no wait at experiences. Ice cream novelties, popcorn and bottled beverages are also included with admission during the three-hour event.

Disney After Hours takes place once the park closes on select nights throughout January, February and March. Event Guests may enter the park as early as 7:00pm and remain in the park for three hours past the scheduled closing time on the following dates:

• January 20 and 27
  • February 2, 9 and 16
  • March 2 and 9
Pricing is $119 plus tax for both adults and children (ages 3-9). To purchase tickets, Guests may call 407-827-7185.

Pricing is $89 per Annual Passholder/Disney Vacation Club Member adult or child (tax not included).

FAQ
Why is Disney After Hours returning to Magic Kingdom Park? Last spring, Guests who attended our Disney After Hours events told us they had excellent experiences and especially enjoyed the quicker access to attractions and character greetings. We want to continue giving Guests the opportunity to experience this unique event.

What makes Disney After Hours unique? With an extremely limited number of tickets available for each event, Disney After Hours enables participates to maximize their time in the park with even quicker access to popular attractions and character greetings.

Is Disney After Hours replacing Extra Magic Hours / Is Extra Magic Hours going away? No. Walt Disney World Resort hotel Guests may continue to enjoy the benefit of Extra Magic Hours at all Walt Disney World Theme Parks.

Do Disney After Hours and evening Extra Magic Hours take place simultaneously at Magic Kingdom Park? No. Disney After Hours and evening Extra Magic Hours at Magic Kingdom Park are separate events and take place on different dates.

Are any other Walt Disney World theme parks offering a Disney After Hours event? At this time, Disney After Hours is only taking place at Magic Kingdom Park.

Do I need standard theme park admission in order to attend Disney After Hours? You do not need standard theme park admission, however, you must have a separate event ticket in order to attend Disney After Hours. Pricing is $119 plus tax for both adults and children (ages 3-9).

What time does the event start / what time can I check in for the event? The event takes place for three hours following park close, but you are welcome to check in for the event and enjoy the park as early as 7:00pm Please note that event-specific offerings, such as ice cream novelties, popcorn and bottled beverages, will only be available during the hours of the event.

What Food & Beverage offerings will be available during Disney After Hours? Ice cream novelties, popcorn and bottled beverages are included with event admission. The Main Street Bakery (Starbucks) will be open for purchases. Additional food offerings will be available for purchase throughout the duration of the event.

What Entertainment Offerings will be available during Disney After Hours? Mickey Mouse will greet Guests at Town Square Theater, and select princesses will greet Guests at Princess Fairytale Hall. Additionally, Guests may enter the park as early as 7:00pm to experience other nighttime offerings, such as Wishes, during standard park operating hours.

What attractions will be operating during Disney After Hours?
Attractions operating during Disney After Hours include:  Astro Orbiter  The Barnstormer  Big Thunder Mountain Railroad  Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin  Country Bear Jamboree  Dumbo the Flying Elephant  Haunted Mansion  ‘it’s a small world’  Jungle Cruise  Mad Tea Party  The Magic Carpets of Aladdin  The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh  Mickey’s PhilharMagic  Pirates of the Caribbean  Peter Pan’s Flight  Prince Charming Regal Carrousel  Princess Fairytale Hall (select princesses)  Seven Dwarfs Mine Train  Space Mountain  Splash Mountain  Swiss Family Treehouse  Tomorrowland Speedway  Town Square Theater (Mickey Mouse)  Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid  Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room

Do I need standard theme park admission in order to attend Disney After Hours? You do not need standard theme park admission, however, you must have a separate event ticket in order to attend Disney After Hours. Pricing is $119 plus tax for both adults and children (ages 3-9).

The morning one requires a park ticket. Didn't this one also require a park ticket when they last offered it?

Anyone thoughts on how this might impact crowds that day? Had tentatively planned to be at MK on Mar 2 during our March trip. . .

Thanks.

Back "by popular demand" lol ok Disney. If i recall they were fighting to just give away half off tickets
I guess the "popular demand" was from those who did it. We loved it and I said I would gladly do it again when doing the survey afterwards. It was a perfect night. Like having MK open for just DH and I. I would do this event again and again, without question.

We are tempted by this as we are only in Orlando for a week in Feb, for those that did it last time, was there transportation back to the TTC after the event. We will be staying off site close to AK, so wonder whether to park up or jump a cab there and back.

Giving it a chance earlier this year. I'd love love love it if they could push it into the last week of March, but that's probably high-voume Spring Break time.

The perils of being tied to the school calendar.

I do wonder, however, if the Disney pundits who were so quick to call it a disaster will rethink their opinions. It seems like it was much more a failure in their minds than in WDW's.

We are tempted by this as we are only in Orlando for a week in Feb, for those that did it last time, was there transportation back to the TTC after the event. We will be staying off site close to AK, so wonder whether to park up or jump a cab there and back.
Yes, one thing Disney does and does right is transportation. They never do something that requires a guest to pay for transportation. In the case of this, and anything else that ends well after park closing (like Club Villain can at HS) there are buses outside waiting to take folks back. They are not the same as the regular bus routes. Someone is standing outside asking each guest where they are headed and they send you off to a specific bus. Often you'll be the sole people on it and other times you'll be grouped with a different bunch than normal

Giving it a chance earlier this year. I'd love love love it if they could push it into the last week of March, but that's probably high-voume Spring Break time.

The perils of being tied to the school calendar.

I do wonder, however, if the Disney pundits who were so quick to call it a disaster will rethink their opinions. It seems like it was much more a failure in their minds than in WDW's.
You have 2 sets of folks that do this.
1 set will hate on anything Disney does that is an add on. Has nothing to do with how popular or not popular something is.
The other set will reconsider when presented with the facts and realize maybe they were hasty in their panning of an idea.

I think all the EMM events suffer from both of the above. Especially the morning event. Many can't see the appeal (and for some there isn't any) but others gave it a try and learned it was actually pretty dang good. If you look over reviews from those that did any of these EMM you're hard pressed to find someone who did it and came away disliking it.

None whatsoever. Tickets available are around 200. 200 has no discernible impact on crowds

This was about the average number of tickets sold/comped. This was not the number of tickets available. It will be interesting to see if the new price, the advance notice and maybe some PR this time around will increase the sales and change the experience.

Yes, one thing Disney does and does right is transportation. They never do something that requires a guest to pay for transportation. In the case of this, and anything else that ends well after park closing (like Club Villain can at HS) there are buses outside waiting to take folks back. They are not the same as the regular bus routes. Someone is standing outside asking each guest where they are headed and they send you off to a specific bus. Often you'll be the sole people on it and other times you'll be grouped with a different bunch than normal

Thank you, wasn't sure after reading the small print on the page saying,

"Walt Disney World Resort hotel Guests—including those staying at Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel and Walt Disney World Swan Hotel—may use Walt Disney World Transportation for up to 2 hours after the event. Guests with other accommodations are not guaranteed transportation and are encouraged to consult the transportation schedule at their place of lodging"

worse comes to it, we can go to the poly and walk back to the car.

This was about the average number of tickets sold/comped. This was not the number of tickets available. It will be interesting to see if the new price, the advance notice and maybe some PR this time around will increase the sales.
200 is the number they make available for morning EMM. Maybe night version will be different but I don't believe it will be drastically different. They could sell twice as many and honestly, having been there, it would make NO difference at all.

Thank you, wasn't sure after reading the small print on the page saying, worse comes to it, we can go to the poly and walk back to the car.

"Walt Disney World Resort hotel Guests—including those staying at Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel and Walt Disney World Swan Hotel—may use Walt Disney World Transportation for up to 2 hours after the event. Guests with other accommodations are not guaranteed transportation and are encouraged to consult the transportation schedule at their place of lodging"

worse comes to it, we can go to the poly and walk back to the car.
Well, yeah, if you wait till 2 hours AFTER EMM is over you would have to find your own way back. They do offer transportation but not for an unlimited time following something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter