magic bands and photopass

Sarajane1003

Earning My Ears
We just got back last week and I logged on get our photopass pictures this morning. We are missing a lot of pictures from multiple days that I know the photographers scanned our magic band for. I filled out the lost picture form, but am kinda freaking out as we did not take back-ups due to pre-ordering the cd and knowing they take better pictures than us anyways.
Has anyone had luck with them finding your lost pictures in the past? Was it off a magic band?
Thanks.

Not sure how much help it will be as we didn't have magic bands. But when we returned from our trip in august I quickly realised I was missing photos from our meet with Tink. I filled in the form at got the automated response of 'within 24 hours'.

2 hours later I received an email telling me they had located my photos and they would be visible in my account 24 hours later. I was a little impatient so I checked a few hours later and they were there!

Around a week later I noticed another set were missing so emailed again. This one took slightly longer but I still got my missing photos roughly 2 days later.

Photo pass seems to have a bit of a bad rep around here lately but I couldn't speak more highly of them in locating lost photos.

THank you for the positive thoughts and story. The website is down now so fingers crossed, maybe they will just magically be there when it comes back up. :goodvibes
Next time - I'm taking back-ups though it was very nice to not have to juggle cameras and just watch my girls with the characters. Too bad we got the silly autograph books with the picture slots.

Our photopass was all scanned to our magic bands too a couple weeks ago. One set was missing and they were able to locate them.

Not all the PP photographers wait long enough for their handheld to register the MB. It needs to buzz three times? and sometimes they only let it buzz twice, or something similar. Odds are the pictures are there, it just didn't get your card info. A good PP photographer will check to make sure it got your MB if they are in doubt. But it never hurts to stop by one of the PP kiosks and have them pull up your pics. Or simply view them online, since they now only expire from when they were taken. If you check while you are in park, you can have a CM at the PP kiosk search right then and there for your pictures, which seems to have better results than filling the form out later. I really think that as the PP photographers get used to the bands the incidents of lost photos will go way down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter