Magic band+?

The new interactive Magic Bands have not been made available for sale yet.

Yes, I'm aware? News two days ago stated they'd be releasing "later this year" -- not this week or next month. And in the mean time there are no bands available unless you're willing to pay extra for the 1 fancy style. I'd give it a week tops before that's gone too and there are none at all for pre-arrival price, they'll make you pay extra in the parks.

Do we know if they will still sell the normal Magicbands after Magicband+ is released? It might also be that they aren't making the old type anymore :confused3

Do we know if they will still sell the normal Magicbands after Magicband+ is released? It might also be that they aren't making the old type anymore :confused3

Im sure in some video I watched with a caster member on the Magic band team. They said they would continue to sell them.

I would guess over time they would phase them out.

Probably supply chain issues. They have stated on their site that the lack of current magic bands is due to supply chain issues.
If this is the case why haven't they pulled from the parks to supply pre arrival? Supply is in Florida.. but they won't do that because than they will be discounted and that's lost money....

Cool. Want some fancy ones though. Thought they would be more expensive. I bet these have been put out early as there hasn't been an announcement from Disney.
Agreed on the price. I'm very surprised that they cost the same as the regular Magicbands that have designs. I'm not interested in buying these right now but maybe in a year or two when they start putting out ones with interesting designs will I want one.

I’ll be there in 20 days and I’m really hoping some more interesting designs will have arrived by then! I’m excited to use them so will get a boring colour if I have to - would love a 50th anniversary one.

And yes, I thought they’d be much more expensive!

Does it look like the arm bands of the new Magicbands are compatible with the old? Kinda curious to know if I could buy a previous design and then put the Magicband+ mickey circle thing in it.

Does it look like the arm bands of the new Magicbands are compatible with the old? Kinda curious to know if I could buy a previous design and then put the Magicband+ mickey circle thing in it
No. they look like different sizes. The new magicband+ center Mickey circle looks smaller

What makes you say that? I couldn't find anything in the linked article.
They were only available from one store in Disney Springs and it sounds like that store has been cleaned out, with some already showing up on ebay. That Disney themselves didn’t announce their availability is an indication that they were put out by mistake.

It was reported by a popular blog that CM’s pulled the new bands from the sales floor because they were released 2 weeks early, in error. Who knows???

Disney Food Blog is reporting they were put out too early, saying they spoke to CMs who told them the proper release is in two weeks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter