Magic Band "NEW KIND" -Update: Post #70-

I like them! :)

We already customized our magic bands for next October's trip. I know that we can tweak for some time, do you know if they will offer the new bands on existing reservations?

Thanks!
You will receive the new version for your reservation reservation since they are (reportedly) switching over in early 2017. It doesn't matter that you've already customized them.

Side by side, magicband2 with a 2016 resort band.

View attachment 206843

The Band is the same, the center is just flatter and a hair wider.

View attachment 206845

all 3 generations thickness.

View attachment 206844

note: you can't tell from this photo but the new MB2 will lay flat on it's own, it's not a ridged and hard angles like he old ones, it really fits over your wrist well. I hate things on my wrist so this will be turned into a key chain and for now i'll probably just carry the icon (puck thing, official name) in my pocket.

It is a nice conversation starter though and you quickly learn who is paying too much attention to you.
Thanks for the images.

Unfortunately it looks even worse for me since I use the smaller size band, and the size difference between those two (even with the new border removed) is quite a lot. At least I will save some cash by never buying a new MB again. :)

I wish they will keep the old MB and people could choose which one they want. I have small wrist and that little bit of difference is a big difference to me.

I like the convenience of the MB and I don't see getting a keychain for it. The fact they won't sell the pluck separate from bands seem to defeat the purpose of the new concept not that I would be buying any of the new design anyway.!

You will receive the new version for your reservation reservation since they are (reportedly) switching over in early 2017. It doesn't matter that you've already customized them.

Perfect, thank you! :)

They just look so large! Especially for little wrists and kids. Looks like it will take up half a little kids arm!

They just look so large! Especially for little wrists and kids. Looks like it will take up half a little kids arm!
Did you see the comparison photos accident posted back on page 6. They are only slightly wider and actually thinner than the original MBs.

It looks like the "Magic Nugget" will need to be snapped into a larger Magic Band, or kept track of in a pocket, necklace, or belt clip. Remind again me how a little Nugget is going to be easier to wear, keep track of, or use than a KTTW card.

It looks like the "Magic Nugget" will need to be snapped into a larger Magic Band, or kept track of in a pocket, necklace, or belt clip. Remind again me how a little Nugget is going to be easier to wear, keep track of, or use than a KTTW card.
The Icon [nugget, puck] is encased in a MagicBand. A guest can choose to buy an accessory in which to place their Icon, but, the only way a guest would have a loose Icon to begin with is to remove it from a MB.

I wonder about metal allergies. With two screws on the back holding the "magic nugget" into place, is there any metal that touches the skin? Having to buy an alternative way to carry it (like a keychain) would be annoying, and in addition not all of the clothing I wear has pockets or belt loops that I could hook it to. I'm not very impressed with this if the new bands actually have metal that can touch skin, since there are enough people with nickel allergies out there that you would think Disney would avoid this.

Did you see the comparison photos accident posted back on page 6. They are only slightly wider and actually thinner than the original MBs.
It's a significant difference for those of us that use the smaller band. Look at the difference between the original band without the black border & the new band without the black border.

I wonder about metal allergies. With two screws on the back holding the "magic nugget" into place, is there any metal that touches the skin? Having to buy an alternative way to carry it (like a keychain) would be annoying, and in addition not all of the clothing I wear has pockets or belt loops that I could hook it to. I'm not very impressed with this if the new bands actually have metal that can touch skin, since there are enough people with nickel allergies out there that you would think Disney would avoid this.

As far as I can tell, the two screws are just barely recessed into the plastic. They are also fairly small.

I am allergic to nickel and have to be careful about what I wear but after a day and a half my skin has not reacted at all.

As far as I can tell, the two screws are just barely recessed into the plastic. They are also fairly small.

I am allergic to nickel and have to be careful about what I wear but after a day and a half my skin has not reacted at all.

I hope so. I haven't been able to wear a watch in 25 years.

But each graphic MB has its own Puck.
magicbandcollectors.com has photos of some of the new graphic MBs next to the original graphic MBs.
Right. Now that i see some of the other details it seems that the specific puck will still have the sounds/lights etc. I was hoping this technology would be able to give me one puck so I could clean up my account. It doesn't seem to solve the "you have too many bands" issue that CMs keep telling me. Of course my response is get some better software ha!

This is actually good timing for us with a toddler who insists on fiddling with bracelets taking them on and off but who would wear a lanyard "necklace" with no issue. I hate wearing things on my wrists too and would totally prefer to clip one to a lanyard or bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter