Magic Band mailing wackiness

Jennasis

DIS life goes on
I'm pretty sure there is no definable rhyme or reason to how magic bands are mailed out, so what craziness have you experience receiving them? Gotten them wicked late? Gotten them oddly early? Gotten the wrong color? Gotten names printed incorrectly?

Our Magic Bands, along with our my parents (who are joining DH and I on this upcoming September trip) were mailed out last week (on Thursday the 11th). According to the USPS tracker, they were mailed from Tennessee. Great! We are in NC, so they should arrive super quick! Didn't even know they had a band distribution center in TN. Cool! But then I watched with great amusement as they were sent from TN, to Illinois, to Pennsylvania...and that's the last entry. Somewhere in PA since Saturday the 13th. The other odd part? My parents live in NY. Their bands were shipped from Florida....and they received them on Saturday!

I am quite sure that little box will arrive without any fuss one of these days, but it is just strange how the shipping all works so strangely (though I AM a bit concerned that there are no more recorded entries for the package after 11pm on August 15th). Why would they waste the time and money sending it from Tennessee to 2 other states well north of me...ah....whatevs!

So, anyone else have a tale to share while I stare at my mailbox?

I remember tracking ours and they left our state and came back to it! Seems odd. But, eventually we received them.

You have until 30 days out from your first day at WDW to make chages to your bands. They are then mailed the following day. I love to track the route my bands take as well. They arrive via US Post so it makes me wonder how people can trust our government to do things for us when a simple package goes through the crazy route it does.

That is weird! After our customization date came up at the 30 day mark, we received our bands (in NJ), at our 25 day mark for our upcoming trip, so we received them 5 days later. We got them last Tuesday on 8/9. I hope yours show up any day now, as they should since they shipped on Thursday and it is now Wednesday.

DME can also be a little whacky when it comes to when they ship out. We got those back in March for our September trip - SUPER early! LOL

We received ours yesterday on the 25 day mark. I might have done a little dance on the way back from the PO box. :)
I wouldn't worry too much about the tracking with the Post Office. I find they don't update their tracking info.

I have more faith in Disney than I do in the US Post office LOL! In fact..I have more faith in Disney's IT than the post office LOL!

Luckily we have AP magic bands and bands from our trip this past May and December we can use if the "unthinkable" happens and the package is lost. But I think the more likely scenario is it will "magically" appear sometime this week. I just find the randomness of the shipping to be amusing. I know they said "storage space" was an issue but it really would be better if they made it an option for you to pick up your band at check in.

I live in SC, and mine shipped out on the 10th from Tennessee. They went to IL & PA, and are out for delivery today.

Like me! Except mine don't say "out for delivery" on the tracking site. Just that they were last scanned at 11:10pm on the 15th in Harrisburg PA and were "sent to the destination".

Our Magic Bands, along with our my parents (who are joining DH and I on this upcoming September trip) were mailed out last week (on Thursday the 11th). According to the USPS tracker, they were mailed from Tennessee. Great! We are in NC, so they should arrive super quick! Didn't even know they had a band distribution center in TN. Cool! But then I watched with great amusement as they were sent from TN, to Illinois, to Pennsylvania...and that's the last entry. Somewhere in PA since Saturday the 13th. The other odd part? My parents live in NY. Their bands were shipped from Florida....and they received them on Saturday!

Our Magic Bands had a very similar travel story. They were shipped from TN on 8/8, arrived in IL on 8/9, and were then sent to PA (where we live) on 8/10. We figured great, they should be here the following day. Nope. They hung out in Harrisburg for 4 whole days before finally reaching their final destination on 8/15. We received them on the exact 3 week out mark but were glad they were sent out in plenty of time!

Regarding the DME tags, they've been sending those out at funky times for years now. I think most of the time we've gotten tags it's been at least 6 months out.

mine were shipped fri 8/12. they went from TN to IL to Harrisburg PA by 8/13. Then they sat in Harrisburg for a few days and ended up in MA a few towns away on the 17th early morning and arrived with my mail this afternoon

FWIW There are times that I've ordered stuff from online: LTD Commodities, Amazon (though it's not too often since we have a distribution center close by), etc and I've seen stuff go from state to state to state with what seems to me as inefficient but they get them to me on time so I guess it's really just a matter of the most efficient mode of transportation they are using at that time and the routes that mode of transportation has.

Ooh good news everyone! The package finally made it out of PA. Took 2 days for it to go from PA to Greensboro, NC (which is 45 min from my house). But it says delivery is on Saturday August 20th...so it will take THREE DAYS to move the box 50 miles LOL.

To be fair, I have a feeling it will show up before Saturday, but again I am highly amused it took 2 days to go from PA to NC, but it says it will take 3 days to move it 50 miles.

Once it leaves the shipping center, it's in USPS hands. So basically, it's a roll of the dice. ;)

A few weeks ago I ordered something online. It shipped out from the Bronx (NY) on July 11, about 2 miles as the crow flies from our house. It went to Manhattan, then spent a few days in Massachusetts, then another day elsewhere in NYC before coming home to us in Queens on July 25th.

Ooh good news everyone! The package finally made it out of PA. Took 2 days for it to go from PA to Greensboro, NC (which is 45 min from my house). But it says delivery is on Saturday August 20th...so it will take THREE DAYS to move the box 50 miles LOL.

To be fair, I have a feeling it will show up before Saturday, but again I am highly amused it took 2 days to go from PA to NC, but it says it will take 3 days to move it 50 miles.

I've had lots of crazy Expected arrival dates as of late on my pkgs. They have all come when I expected based on location.

I really loathe the USPS. This is what is happening to our Magic Band delivery. The final destination is in Central NJ. The original expected delivery date was "between" 8/17-8/19.

8XqzAn0.png

My Magic Bands have sat at the Warrendale, PA post office for 4 days. I finally had enough and called them this morning, and the person on the phone was arguing with me that my package was never there. After they finally went and looked, they found it and said they would mail it that day. I just checked, and the status finally says that it has departed their facility.

Who knows how long my Magic Bands would have hung out there if I hadn't called. Warrendale is only 2 hours from my house...I was considering driving over and getting them myself lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter