Luggage Questions

Sweethappiness

Mouseketeer
How does everyone mark their luggage?
Do you use Luggage tags? If so do you put your home address??
Does anyone use colored ribbon to mark them??
Tips Please!!! :)

Erin

Hi I have lime green luggage tags w/ my name and home address and I have lime green ribbon wrapped around the handles .. Very easy to spot... Michelle

I use multiple luggage tags. One neon yellow and one a purple cat shape. That way, there's no chance anyone else will have the same combination. Both have my work and cell phone numbers, but not my address. I don't want any schmoe to have that much of my information. If it gets lost, they can call me for the address.

we have black rollaboard luggage (like everyone else!) so to make it really "pop" and stand out at the luggage carousel, i use a neon yellow luggage strap (the non-locking kind), a neon yellow handle wrap, neon yellow luggage tags, and to REALLY mark our luggage, i bought a roll of fluorescent yellow tape & cut out a bunch of 2" circles & stuck them all around the sides & top of the luggage - makes it look kind of like a big domino!! (and i know no one else's luggage will look like ours!!)

you do what you gotta do to prevent someone else from walking off with your stuff! (it's happened to us twice!!)

I put my cell phone number on the tag. If they need to reach me I will have that phone with me. Also put a copy of your itinerary in your suitcase along with another luggage tag in case the one on the outside is torn off.

I have my business card laminated as my luggage tag. Kinko's will make a laminated tag out of a business card for about $1 a piece. If your business card doesn't have your mobile number on it already write it clearly on the back and make sure it is labeled as your mobile number so if your luggage is lost they know they contact you this way.

It also is not a good idea to put your address on the outside of your suitcase. Thieves can get your address and know that you aren't home.

Originally posted by safetymom
It also is not a good idea to put your address on the outside of your suitcase. Thieves can get your address and know that you aren't home.

My business cards have my company's address on them not my home address.

prncess674

I wasn't pointing this out to you but others that are creating luggage tags for the first time.

Originally posted by safetymom
prncess674

I wasn't pointing this out to you but others that are creating luggage tags for the first time.

no problem:D Some people run businesses out of their house so I didn't want them lamenating business cards that list their home address.

I have two luggage tags. One is blue and the other is red. They are both shaped like Mickey's head. Also, you can go to Home Depot and get a couple of those colored straps to put around your luggage. That will help make your luggage easy to spot and also keep people out, although they may frown on that now.

I too have black rolling suitcases that look like 1000's of others.

I took reflective tape (that you can buy at auto stores) and made a distinctive marking around every handle on my suitcases. I used a couple of different colors, and the tape completely covers each handle.

Each suitcase marking is a little different (I bought expensive luggage, so I only bought one piece at a time over several years, and marked them as I bought them), but all the colors are about the same, and it's pretty obvious they all belong together.

One of these days, I'll get all of the bags out of the closet, and make all the markings identical.

I also put some of that tape so that it's visible on EVERY side of the bag - I put some above each of the rolling wheels, some across the front of the bag, the back, the bottom, and each side (if there's no handle on the side, otherwise, the handle is my marking). I frequently have to replace this tape (it does get pulled off or wears away after a while) but the tape on the handle I've never had to replace (after 8 years and multiple trips per year).

This REALLY makes things easier waiting at the luggage carosel, since you can see the bag when it first enters the carosel, and keep an eye on it until it gets to you. If someone else grabs it, you can easily tell they have YOUR bag, and not their own (I always wondered if that person across the row grabbed my bag and not their own until I marked mine). Presumably, the tape on the handles tells people that this is NOT their bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter