Lowest Crowd Week March-May

mtiger

Earning My Ears
My wife and I already had a Labor Day trip planned for this year, but was going to surprise our 5yo with APs for his birthday and do another trip then (April 19). Seemed perfect as that was a slow week last year on the crowd calendar. Then someone reminded me that Easter is almost a full month later this year (3/27 vs 4/17), so seems like that week is going to be terrible.

Given March spring break and now a mid-April Easter rush, are there any "good" weeks in these 3 months to take my kid for his birthday? Thinking April 21-30 now, but not sure how long the Easter crowds stick around.

Thank you for any feedback and recommendation

I think April 21 & 22 are still at the tail end of the busy Easter week. Are you staying onsite? "Regular" pricing for resorts doesn't start until April 23. And April 21-23 is the Star Wars marathon weekend. I think if you wait a week.... you'd be much better off. Do you need to go starting on a Friday? Just wondering..... because I think anything after April 24th through May 24 would be perfect! If I could go at that time of year.... I'd pick May 5-14!

Last edited:
My wife and I already had a Labor Day trip planned for this year, but was going to surprise our 5yo with APs for his birthday and do another trip then (April 19). Seemed perfect as that was a slow week last year on the crowd calendar. Then someone reminded me that Easter is almost a full month later this year (3/27 vs 4/17), so seems like that week is going to be terrible.

Given March spring break and now a mid-April Easter rush, are there any "good" weeks in these 3 months to take my kid for his birthday? Thinking April 21-30 now, but not sure how long the Easter crowds stick around.

Thank you for any feedback and recommendation
My Husband and I went the first week of May last year and the crowds were fairly light. The weather was perfect, low 80s, no humidity, and breezy. We loved it so much we are going again the same week this year.

We're probably going to stay at Wyndham BC as we have a 1yo/5yo and 2 Nanas - we need the space. Don't "have" to start on a Fri, but just trying to eek out as much time as possible there. Also Alligient flies MEM to MCO only on Fridays and Mondays (for ~$100), so other dates might be more expensive.

I need to quit sharing this, but I love the first week of May. This will be our third trip in that time frame. The crowds are lower and the humidity isn't so terrible.

Have you looked at the first week of March. It's our Spring break (Province of Quebec) but it's considered value season by Disney when you look at 1-day tickets pricing. We are always surprised at the lowish crowds that week. We have been to WDW early February, first week of March, late April, July and August in the past. Our favourite is first week of March and that is when we are going back this year.

Reactions: CJN
I think April 21 & 22 are still at the tail end of the busy Easter week. Are you staying onsite? "Regular" pricing for resorts doesn't start until April 23. And April 21-23 is the first Star Wars weekend for 2017. I think if you wait a week.... you'd be much better off. Do you need to go starting on a Friday? Just wondering..... because I think anything after April 24th through May 24 would be perfect! If I could go at that time of year.... I'd pick May 5-14!

I haven't heard anything about Star Wars Weekends for 2017, did I miss something or is this a reference to some other event? Thanks!

I haven't heard anything about Star Wars Weekends for 2017, did I miss something or is this a reference to some other event? Thanks!

I'm not sure what the previous poster was referring to, but April 20-23 is the Star Wars Half Marathon weekend.

Another vote for the first week of March. Low crowds, lower prices, and usually great weather. Plus, you'll have Flower and Garden at Epcot. Just make sure you're gone by March 11, when the spring break crowds hit.

I think April 21 & 22 are still at the tail end of the busy Easter week. Are you staying onsite? "Regular" pricing for resorts doesn't start until April 23. And April 21-23 is the first Star Wars weekend for 2017. I think if you wait a week.... you'd be much better off. Do you need to go starting on a Friday? Just wondering..... because I think anything after April 24th through May 24 would be perfect! If I could go at that time of year.... I'd pick May 5-14![/QUOTE how about early to Nov. . Thanks

This may help...at least it's more information to add to the mix:

http://**************.net/wp-conten...-Ranked-in-Order-from-**************.net_.jpg

any time has it pluses and minuses I think when ever you go you will have fun.

Agree - but certianly value low wait times with a 1yo/5yo combo. I believe we've agreed on May 5-14th. Really like the idea of two "summer" vacations (neither in June-Aug) but with one having F&G and the other F&W. Thank you all for your input- always appreciated from this board. Now to start planning.

we're going April 22nd-19th…hoping this is a low crowd week, I thought it should be according to a few calendars I've looked at…good luck! it'll be fun either way!

we're going April 22nd-19th…hoping this is a low crowd week, I thought it should be according to a few calendars I've looked at…good luck! it'll be fun either way!

Do you mean the 22nd-29th or the 12th-19th? If the 22nd, then you should start seeing lower crowds by the 24th. If the 12th, that spans the Easter weekend and will be very crowded.

Do you mean the 22nd-29th or the 12th-19th? If the 22nd, then you should start seeing lower crowds by the 24th. If the 12th, that spans the Easter weekend and will be very crowded.
I meant the 22-29th haha oops…my fingers got carried away! our first day in the parks won't be until that Sunday the 23rd…i know someone mentioned the star wars thing going on…is that mainly in one park?

Sorry..... I mis-read another site..... it's actually the marathon as another poster stated.

My Husband and I went the first week of May last year and the crowds were fairly light. The weather was perfect, low 80s, no humidity, and breezy. We loved it so much we are going again the same week this year.

We were there the week before when it was in the low 90s each day (obviously unpredictable) and while the crowds weren't bad, it was heavier due to a cheerleading competition. We ended up making our reservations for the first week of May this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter