Losing Weight For Disney: My Weight loss Journey

Gabby9772

Earning My Ears
Hey y'all!! My name is Gabby and I'm 17 years old. My cousins and I are planning a trip for October 2015. I am super excited about this trip!! I havent been to my "home away from home" in almost 5 years!! I need my Disney fix! haha

Well as you read in the thread title, i am starting my weight loss journey. I have been overweight my whole life and i am so sick of it. :furious: This is the year I am finally going to change things! I'm at my biggest point and i've wasted my whole childhood and all of my teen years.. I weighed myself this morning and I hit 280.... :worried::sad::sad:

But all i'm going from here is down instead of up!.. and what better way to document my journey than here on Disboards with all my Disney Family!!! I'm ready to rock this weigh
t loss just in time for Disney World!!

I'm guess i'm gonna do this in journal format.. just talk about how i feel each day, what i ate, how much i excercised/what my exercise was, etc.. so if anyone is reading this, comment! i would really appreciate it! Any kind of support is great! :disrocks:

Thanks for reading!

Hi Gabby! Five years?! That is too long lol. What an awesome job and good luck! I'm trying to eat better myself. You go girl.

Hi Gabby! Five years?! That is too long lol. What an awesome job and good luck! I'm trying to eat better myself. You go girl.

Thank you for your words of encouragement!!! and Yes! five years is wayyy too long!! I cant wait!
p.s. Good luck to you too!! It can be rough trying to stick to things!

Thank you for your words of encouragement!!! and Yes! five years is wayyy too long!! I cant wait!
p.s. Good luck to you too!! It can be rough trying to stick to things!
No problem! Lol I bet. Thanks, for sure! Especially with chocolate after a long shift at Legoland....

Friday, February 6th

So today I kind of feel rough.. I'm not sure if I've just wore myself out or if I'm coming down with something...

But nonetheless, I'm keeping to my diet.. Had 1 cup of Plain Special K for breakfast and the same thing for lunch. Did i ever mention how much I love Special K?! lol
Plan on spending the evening with my cousin so I'm not sure what's happening for dinner or exercise but i'll totally update! :D

OMG Girl you can do it! I'm 16 and I am going on a cruise in 366 days. My goal is to lose weight too! I haven't had a positive body image in forever and Disney is such a great motivational tool ;). I'm following this thread to see your progress and send happiness and motivation your way! Good luck on this amazing journey :)

Hey y'all!! My name is Gabby and I'm 17 years old. My cousins and I are planning a trip for October 2015. I am super excited about this trip!! I havent been to my "home away from home" in almost 5 years!! I need my Disney fix! haha

Well as you read in the thread title, i am starting my weight loss journey. I have been overweight my whole life and i am so sick of it. :furious: This is the year I am finally going to change things! I'm at my biggest point and i've wasted my whole childhood and all of my teen years.. I weighed myself this morning and I hit 280.... :worried::sad::sad:

But all i'm going from here is down instead of up!.. and what better way to document my journey than here on Disboards with all my Disney Family!!! I'm ready to rock this weigh

I'm guess i'm gonna do this in journal format.. just talk about how i feel each day, what i ate, how much i excercised/what my exercise was, etc.. so if anyone is reading this, comment! i would really appreciate it! Any kind of support is great! :disrocks:

Thanks for reading!
Good luck, stay motivated and keep up the hard work!!

Hi Gabby! I am glad to see this thread. My daughter and I are both using the fitness pal app. to track our food and calories. I highly recommend it. It really teaches you how to eat...to balance your sugar, fat, protein and vitamin needs. Food addiction always seems to be such a loosing battle...an everyday struggle. I get hungry from after lunch to dinner...that's the bad time for me. Some days I'm just ravenous. I've lost 30 pounds so far. My Disney trip is this November and I plan on buying new clothes....I hope! I started at 213 poundsw. I have 50 pound to go. It seems like a long journey but it has to be a lifelong journey. It's great you are starting at your age. It's a new chapter for you...one that will serve you for the rest of your life. Please write about your successes and struggles! I will encourage you every step of the way. I'm going to give myself the gift of a tattoo once I reach my goal weight! I'm retired now and believe me...the extra weight is very bad for your health, once you get older. My knees are no good anymore. The weight loss is helping but I don't expect I will ever get them back to being really good. So Disney walking requires some assistance. Be strong! Stay strong. Check out fitness pal and let me know what you think! Have a magical day!

February 21, 2015

I'm really sorry I haven't been updating! Things got a little crazy around here! We have been snowed in since Monday.. I love snow and all but I'm totally ready for Summer!

OMG Girl you can do it! I'm 16 and I am going on a cruise in 366 days. My goal is to lose weight too! I haven't had a positive body image in forever and Disney is such a great motivational tool ;). I'm following this thread to see your progress and send happiness and motivation your way! Good luck on this amazing journey :)

Good luck, stay motivated and keep up the hard work!!

Hi Gabby! I am glad to see this thread. My daughter and I are both using the fitness pal app. to track our food and calories. I highly recommend it. It really teaches you how to eat...to balance your sugar, fat, protein and vitamin needs. Food addiction always seems to be such a loosing battle...an everyday struggle. I get hungry from after lunch to dinner...that's the bad time for me. Some days I'm just ravenous. I've lost 30 pounds so far. My Disney trip is this November and I plan on buying new clothes....I hope! I started at 213 poundsw. I have 50 pound to go. It seems like a long journey but it has to be a lifelong journey. It's great you are starting at your age. It's a new chapter for you...one that will serve you for the rest of your life. Please write about your successes and struggles! I will encourage you every step of the way. I'm going to give myself the gift of a tattoo once I reach my goal weight! I'm retired now and believe me...the extra weight is very bad for your health, once you get older. My knees are no good anymore. The weight loss is helping but I don't expect I will ever get them back to being really good. So Disney walking requires some assistance. Be strong! Stay strong. Check out fitness pal and let me know what you think! Have a magical day!

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement!! It really means a lot!!! <3
@disneydancer98 Way to go!! It's so nice to see other people my age that I can go on this journey with. It gets so hard when you have to do it yourself. Keep up the good work and let me know how your Disney Weight Loss Journey is going!

@Darkwing Duck Thank you so much!!!! :D

@ThistleMae Hello!! :D I love love love the My Fitness Pal App!! I've used it in the past and it worked great for me! It really put in perspective how much food I was eating and I was astonished.. The worst time for me is before i go to bed. I get soooooo hungry/ thirsty. Since everyone is asleep at my house pretty early I can easily sneak into the kitchen and eat.. So that's definitely been a struggle to not do that and just go to bed.
I definitely want to commend you for the weight you've lost so far!! That's so awesome!! I really think that when you have something exciting to look forward to when you meet your goal, that it's a wonderful motivational tool!! Keep me up to date on your journey as well!! I'm here to encourage you too!!

Daily Food Routine:
(I try to drink 12 oz of water before every meal)

Breakfast: 1 Protein Shake with side of fruit (usually a banana or apple)
12 oz water

Lunch: 1 Protein Shake
12 oz water

Dinner: Salad with Chicken- I don't like dressings but I recommend that if you must have it, to put it on the side. Dip your bites in it! That way you still get your dressing but you'll be using a lot less!! :)
12 oz water
Roasted Baby Carrots (about 10 or so)

-or-
Chicken Wrap- 1 Whole grain tortilla, Handful of salad mixture (romaine, kale, spinach, etc), 1 4oz chicken strip (baked), I like to add a little bit of salsa instead of dressing or anything like that. But feel free to add whatever else you like on there! :)\

Bedtime: 12 oz water

This routine has really worked for me! :) I'm proud to say I've already lost 10 lbs :)

Have an extra magical day everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck girl!! It takes so much motivation and strength to begin- and you are already one step there!! And there is no better reward than DisneyWorld!

Thanks for reading!

I'm 18, and I'm going at the end of August. I'm at 250lbs right now. My heaviest was last year at 275. I did personal training at the gym but it was so expensive, I had to stop going. Let me know any advice you have for me. Maybe we could make this a partner thing!

Just sending you well wishes! I've been trying to get back into shape recently as well, I hope you make your goal :)

I love this thread and will be following! I am 44 yrs old and have gained a lot of weight in the last few years. This year I have decided to take it off. I am going to the gym and started watching my food portions. Let's lose these extra unwanted lbs!! Looking forward to hearing your tricks and workout ideas.

Hi guys. Just found this thread! I wanted to encourage everyone to keep going :thumbsup2 my high weight was 323 lbs. I am now weighing in at 230 lbs, so a 93 lb loss. I still have 70-80 more lbs to lose :) you can do it, and so can I! Keep up the good work!!!

if I can do it, you can as well! good luck to you!

Attachments

• 10994599_946938655330405_7180186758338742499_n.jpg
    10994599_946938655330405_7180186758338742499_n.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter