Looking forward to our trip...dreading leaving the dogs

Leaving the furbabies is so hard!! Luckily I have a co worker who stays at the house and takes care of them. I trust her completely and they love her. I could never leave them at a kennel with someone I don't know. They are like our kids.

I hate leaving my mutts as well! However, we have traveled a good bit in the last year and we were leaving them with a really good boarder. This will be their first trip to a new boarder where they will have daytime play group with other pets and are able to roam free outside every few hours. My dogs enjoy the socialization and are always nice and tired when they come home.

Another sad doggy mamma here! We've just had our Roxie Doodle (a poodle :lmao:) for a year- adopted her at age 18 months from the Humane Society when her owners surrendered her due to going to a nursing home. We've never left her overnight w/o at least one of us at home- I think my twins & I will be crying all the way to the airport :sad2:
Thankfully we have a friend that will be staying in our home for a week so she won't be alone! He has a weird work schedule so I have other friends & a pet sitter coming for breaks when he can't be here. I know some have to, but I didnt even look into a kennel- coulnd't bring myself to it.
By the way, what do most folks pay to have a friend stay a week in their home. He's a young single guy so I plan on leaving him food & easy to fix meals, but not sure what to pay him. Hope everyone has great trips!

I asked my neighbor (young single dude) to watch the poochsters when we leave and I offered him $500 for 6 days. I'm probably either going to leave him easy to heat meals ( I may also have to actually break down and buy a microwave for this :laughing: ) or give him some food money. My dogs love him silly though, so I'm not above bribery to have him watch them.

It might give me a heart attack to leave them but I'm determined to not overreact. We'll see :rolleyes1

This happens every year...I had my first moment today of "OMG! I will be without my dogs for 2 weeks". They will be with my best friend, one the person I trust most in the world. She is the one they would go to if something ever happened to the both of us. She's responsible, treats them very well and loves them (and me) very much.

We will be dropping them off at her house next Saturday as our flight on Sunday morning means we have to be at the airport at 4 am.

I will miss them so much...I know we will have an incredible trip...we have awesome tours, incredible ADRs and hey...we will be at WDW.

I can't be the only one who feels this way, right?

I feel the same way about leaving our babies too. I actually flew my younger (18yo) brother down from NY last month so he could watch them while I'm gone. I have never sent them to a kennel and my best friend who used to watch them moved away. Be thankful that you have someone that you trust to watch them! I know people who do not have that luxury and instead, fret and worry about their babies who are boarded for vacations.

We have a 6 month old bichon frise who will be staying with my partners girlfriend whilst we are away and its the first time we have left him, im reassuring her he will be okay but i imagine its going to be a bit of a gut wrench to leave him for 2 weeks!!!!

This thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter