Looking For Control Freaks & Worry Warts - We're still here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tessa - I am laughing so hard of A) your descriptin of your pig allergie and B) the car boot sale! Even though I've never heard you speak, I'm imagining it in my head.... with all the sarcasm thrown in there!!! :rotfl2:

Thanks Kara - glad to see sarcasm is readable , not just in my head....... A UK trait I'm afraid.... Now when you imagine my voice, you have to imagine a softly lilting Celtic tone too - ever so slightly Scottish, but a little towards Welsh too - we Orcadians have a unique accent you know! Thankfully mine has mellowed over the years - I have lived longer in England now than I did in Orkney...

Sounds like Ally is doing really well with her swimming. My two like to swim, but have not a competitive bone in their bodies .... I think I bred mice, not lions.... but hey ho - we need mice too...

Hi to everyone else too, will catch up on all the posts soon - promise.

Tessa

Kara, glad you had no tornado! And congrats to Ally - sounds like fun!

Tessa, you're so cute! I would love to hear your voice some time.

Jim came home at 10:30 am yesterday. He left Boise at 4am. We barely had the house cleaned up and I just got out of the shower by the time he got here. I'm glad to have him home - it just feels right. We are loading the uhaul truck on Friday and having a going away party at the park for them. Sat be head out bright and early for Texas. I can't believe it's this close. :guilty: It is getting really hard to keep smiling for them.

Jim will be home for the Summer, and then in August we're heading to Boise together for a couple of months. Nice that I'll be able to go with him this time. Jim suggested last night that we drive to Anaheim to see his Uncle and fam and then head back through Vegas and to Boise. Hmmm, see some of our favorite family and maybe go to DL? Of course I'll go!:yay:

Debbie texted that she's in WI - stressed - and her computer is still down. Poor thing. It would be nice if she could just relax.:flower3:

Well, I need a coffee refill. You you'all have a nice Sunday! ( I am heading to Texas, and will be visiting alot, so why not? ):rotfl2:

4 Marsh Road. So cool - sounds like a book title :goodvibes How will you get it in a search engine? Or are you going to advertise the website?

My family had a birthday party for me tonight - so special. Just our kids, grandkids and parents. My mom gave me my grandma's wedding rings. I just started sobbing and couldn't quit. She thought I was upset, but I was just so touched. She was wearing them after grandma died, and just recently replaced them with a ring my dad bought her. The first thing my mind went to when I saw them was sitting at the table when I was a little girl, talking to Grandma and watching her knead bread dough while she taught me all kinds of things about life. :lovestruc Just had to share with my buds.

My family had a birthday party for me tonight - so special. Just our kids, grandkids and parents. My mom gave me my grandma's wedding rings. I just started sobbing and couldn't quit. She thought I was upset, but I was just so touched. She was wearing them after grandma died, and just recently replaced them with a ring my dad bought her. The first thing my mind went to when I saw them was sitting at the table when I was a little girl, talking to Grandma and watching her knead bread dough while she taught me all kinds of things about life. :lovestruc Just had to share with my buds.

What a magical thing to do - I have tears in my eyes just reading it. No wonder you were touched, how wonderful.:goodvibes

Tessa

Lydia - we sold one house on our own. After it had been listed for over a year with a realtor, we had it listed 2 months on our own and it sold. I've not had good experience with realtors. Sorry if anyone is a realtor cause I know there are some good ones, but I've sold two homes and bought three, and I find them greedy, and just flat out dishonest. The exception is the guy who finally sold our last house. He went by our house at least once a week to check it out inside and out. He would call me if the grass needed cut (we were living in FL already) or I needed to get the cleaning lady in to do the floors, bathrooms, etc. He was getting ready to pain Ally's old bedroom a more neutral color (luckily it sold before he had to do that) on his own time. Very honest. Very good guy who truly cared about his clients. Our previous realtor trying to sell that house lied to us about going by the house, because we got a call from another realtor telling us the house was 96 degrees inside (the thermostat was stuck) and if our lousy realtor had been by there, she would have known that.

So good for you for trying to sell on your own. Just make sure that you don't ever show the house without your husband at home....... Too many wackos out there.

Tammie -what a sweet story....... I have my grandmother's rings too, in fact I have worn her wedding ring as miy own since the day I got married. I tease Jeff that he got off cheap there! :rotfl2:

hi there--just mia. Weather was too darn hot to think about doing anything last week. I could have sworn I was in FL. Okay where to start....

Cammie-- I would have gone off on that mom once I got the kids away from her. What PIA. How dare she decide all kids need to know that. Wouldn't it make sense to keep the kids young as possible? Yikes---what a snot.

Lydia-good luck on the house thing. We had a friend try to sell ours at the end of the housing bubble. what a disaster. We had found a buyer but they pulled out 10 days before close. Apparently we switched the house on them, the didn't realize it was a 25 yr old house when they signed the Purch Agreement. Darn housing inspector. Anyway to make matters worse that night a tornado went thru our neighborhood to the back of us. It missed our house by two blocks. You can still tell where the trees were broken off. But we are glad we stayed otherwise we would never have been able to go to WDW we would have been too house poor.

Lorrie- Love the SU conversation. I have some things but I don't have much creativity to create neat cards and such. What makes it so much more funny is that I worked at Creative Memories home office for 3 years. (I was on the production side, forecasting demand and such)

Tammie- my eyes got all wet when I read you got your grandma's rings. I wanted to get my grandmas but my aunts took all of it before my dad had a chance to say anything. Enjoy them. Hope that all is well getting the kids ready to move.

Tessa-love the car boot sale. Bummer about the pigs.

Kara--that is awesome Ally is such a good swimmer. It is always the same when it comes to volunteering anywhere. The same parents always do the work. I don't understand how people don't get it.

Cooler here today- off to the wave pool and water slides. have a great week.

Erin - Such a cute pic of Chloe! Glad to hear she did so well with play. The JB concert is on July 17th. I just talked to my friend the other day and he's told me the bodyguard knows all about me and that I should call him about 10 days before the concert. Lauren still doesn't know; still undecided if I should tell her the day of the concert or wait until we get there and surprise her at the very last minute.

Erin - yea for Chloe!!!! Love Shakespeare!!! Her pic is so cute!

Erin, let's see - tip=the dump? Car boot sale = garage sale? :rotfl2: Love it! I think your English is so much more descriptive than ours! And congrats to Chloe! she looks so cute.

Thanks all, she loved doing it so much and they have been working on it for about 9 months, they did a grand job (as my dad would say) Next September they are gonna start on Much Ado about Nothing, fabulous!!
And yes Tammie the tip is the dump, we call it both :laughing: well i do anyway :laughing:

Oh, and the translation, yep the tip is the dump, but a car boot is sooooooooo much more than a garage sale I think:confused:.....

It is an EVENT - you and about 200 others take a car (boot = trunk) full of junk (well, wonderful resellable items hopefully), set up a trestle table in a field , get the stuff out - usually in horizontal rain at some ridiculous hour of the morning and sit there whilst folks criticise your stuff (loudly) and try to get something brand new for a few pennies... If they can't then they can always try to break it where it doesn't really matter for a discount, hide it in a pile of other stuff hoping you are too busy to notice, or just steal it whilst no one is looking. You spend about 5 hours like this in order to take home half your stuff (now wet and dirty) and up to oooooooo about $100.

A great British tradition!:goodvibes Sorry Erin - I couldn't resist, can you tell I've had some baaaaaaaad :eek: car boot experiences.

Tessa
Oh Tessa how i laughed when i read this description :lmao: mainly because it is all too true!! But if i want to have any Disney holidays then needs must ya know, especially as i now get to have weekend at Dlp this August :banana: a surprise from my Dad

Tessa, you're so cute! I would love to hear your voice some time.

Yes imagine the story in her voice it sounds much lovelier than mine, as mine is your bulk standard English accent :lmao:

Well ladies as i write this to you i am in my garden on my laptop as summer has arrived good and proper here in goold ole blighty ;) and apparently we are due for it to hit 86-87 by Wednesday and in for a heatwave this summer maybe into triple figures so i read, well that i can tell you all, and i know Tessa will back me up, happens rarely if at all here so we are all just waiting to see if for once we get a summer this yr!!

14 more days left at school (can you tell i'm waiting impatiently)
Sports day tomorrow which i detest more than life itself!! Chloe hates it too as her school team, which are all named after countries and i think it is Poland, "Never ever wins anything but a rubbish sticker" her words not mine!

Well ladies as i write this to you i am in my garden on my laptop as summer has arrived good and proper here in goold ole blighty ;) and apparently we are due for it to hit 86-87 by Wednesday and in for a heatwave this summer maybe into triple figures so i read, well that i can tell you all, and i know Tessa will back me up, happens rarely if at all here so we are all just waiting to see if for once we get a summer this yr!!

Oh yes I can definitely back you up Erin - we rarely even get into the 80s (last year hardly touched the 70's!!!!!in SUMMER!!!!! ) let alone triple figures - in fact I can't remember ever ...

It is hard working in it though - our school doesn't have air con - it is rare in the UK outside of places that like you to spend money in them!- and the temperature is 84 here now, so must have been 3 or 4 degrees hotter at midday. The kids are melting - and I feel like my insides are so full of water I can set off waves if I sway....

School breaks up down our way on the 16th July, so I guess that's when the hot weather ends.....

Tessa

Hi everyone sounds like we're all having some fine times this summer. DD10's birthday was super fun yesterday - no rain!!

TAMMIE! Okay, I confused on when it actually is/was, but a big ole
:cheer2::dance3::banana:HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :banana::dance3::cheer2:
:lovestruc I love that story. Grandmas are just amazing people. It is so sad when they leave us, but it is so nice to pull out those memories, isn't it? I hope the party was great!

Okay, I'm glad you are going with Jim -but what does he do? I know he travels a lot - is it with the reserve, or something else?

I am boxing you up some things. :snooty: End of discussion. I'll send it soon. :rolleyes1 Ask Debbie how that one goes... :rotfl2:

hi

Lorrie- Love the SU conversation. I have some things but I don't have much creativity to create neat cards and such. What makes it so much more funny is that I worked at Creative Memories home office for 3 years. (I was on the production side, forecasting demand and such)
Hope you enjoyed the lake.

MCGIVER! Is that how you spell it? That is SO YOU. Now we have a Martha and a McGiver! :rotfl2::lmao:

Kara - yay for Ally on the swimming! You must be so proud.

Tessa - love the car boot story. Sounds horrid! :headache:

Lydia - good luck with the home sales.

Debbie - Hope you are enjoying your summers. You are always super at that!

Cammie - When is the big JB day?

Everyone else. :flower3:

I'm sorta absent by blahs. I've been trying to get my act together. I feel off. I'm not sure if my antidepressant and the blood pressure meds jive quite well. I'm feeling more sluggish, tired, etc and gained 20 lbs the last two months. So I started WW today - we will see.

BF and I have been talking about out trip - question if you don't mind.

The day we get to the resort at 12:30, we are going to DTD. Would you try to eat at the Cali Grill that night, or do something at DTD or the BW area? We're a little concerned that the traveling part might not be ideal. We aren't doing MK at all, so it would be our only shot at wishes, but I think we are both fine without seeing it. (Shes seen it before and I'd almost rather see it inside the park the first time). Suggestions on dinner - Flying Fish maybe? or Paridisio 57? or something we are overlooking?

Okay off to bed. Funny, I'm constantly tired, but have trouble getting to sleep - then I don't want to get up in the am. :scared:

Hiya all

I LOST 3 POUNDS!!!!!!!!! and am now under 200 again!!! woooohoooo:woohoo:. Another 3 and I get my 10% weight loss. That's my next target - 1 week, 2, 3 I don't care - my weight WILL go down , not up. This positive visualisation and verbalisation thing really seems to be working girls!!!

Anyone watching Wimbledon tennis over there (or here Erin?)? Our great UK hope Andy Murray played last night and won, and I'm still absolutely shattered, so goodness knows how tired HE is!!! 5 sets and 4 hours and it was HOT.

Raining now of course! But humid and sticky....

Tessa

tessa - THAT'S AWESOME!! you must be so excited - every little pound is a success!! I've started walking at night as well as walking at lunch. I need to loose a lot of weight in 58 days, but as long as you stay focused we can do it!! Slow weight loss that's the way to do it! Great job!!

Lydia - DTD - my DH loved that statement - of course!

Tammie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

Great job Tessa!!!! That 10% mark is so important, because you have just improved your health dramatically!!! Yea for you!!!!!

I'm trying to drop weight again. I have eaten so badly all summer - eating out waaaaay too much. I need to lose about 10 but I would like to lose 15-20. So yesterday was start day. Did okay, but didn't exercise. So tonight I'll hit the gym while Ally is at swim practice (the fitness center is right across the parking lot from the pool). I have a short term goal of 7lbs in July. If I can lost 2-3 the first week, then I can do it.......

Lorrie - I think Cali Grill that first night would be great!!!! You can get there from DTD easily, just hop the bus to the Contemporary. Then you can walk over to MK to catch a bus back to your resort. Although, Raglan Road at DTD is wonderful too!

I hve the blahs too. Don't know what it is but I'm really tired. And just have no desire to do anything exciting. I started painting the bonus room last week - I still only have one wall done!!!! So that big open area at the top of the steps is all torn up. Just need to get motivated again to finish it.....

I think I've been spending too much time on pregnancy/fertility message boards over the last few years...

To me, DTD stands for "do the deed". :wink, wink:

:rotfl2::lmao: Well, it has been about six years since I spent all my waking hours on those boards, but I can't believe I forgot the DTD - and it DID get to the point that DTD was all it was. :lmao::rotfl2:

Hiya all

I LOST 3 POUNDS!!!!!!!!! and am now under 200 again!!! woooohoooo:woohoo:. Another 3 and I get my 10% weight loss. That's my next target - 1 week, 2, 3 I don't care - my weight WILL go down , not up. This positive visualisation and verbalisation thing really seems to be working girls!!!

Tessa
Tessa - hurray for you! Great job! I'm on day 3. Isn't easy but isn't hard. So far 2.6 lbs, so at least it is a start! ;)

Kara - what is up with blahs in the summer? i have them too. Don't get it. I'm blambing it on meds - but I have no idea what it is about. Thanks for the advice on getting in night. We're doing RD the next morning for Future World ~ i dunno. I have no concept of how much time it takes to trave from Downtown Disney to Cont. BF is concerned that it will "rush" us though. :confused3

There is so much to do that I don't know where to start. I need to clean house. I need to tend to the weeds, I need to water the grass, I need to walk, I need to plan out our food, I need to pay bills... I need to, I need to, I need to... I just hate when things pile.

All I want is to be oceanside parked in a chair or playing in the sand with the kiddos. I think I have some sort of beach sickness. :confused3

Ok I'm posting this here first - My DH just delivered postcards from Disney that indicated that the FREE DISNEY DINING PACKAGE WILL BE EXTENDED TO CHRISTMAS!

Ok I'm posting this here first - My DH just delivered postcards from Disney that indicated that the FREE DISNEY DINING PACKAGE WILL BE EXTENDED TO CHRISTMAS!

That is awesome. I don't think it will help us out much. Since we're only there for 2 nights, I don't think we will be allowed to do it. I think there is a five night stay to get the package.

But nice to know it is out there for others. Cammie - does that help you out on your trip with the girls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter