Looking for a Cheap Hotel for 1 Night in North FL

Star Tourist

Earning My Ears
At the beginning of Feb, the wife and I are driving down from Ohio. We have a room for our Disney stay (POR), but we'll be leaving around noon the day before and expect to hit the GA/FL line around 10-11PM. Originally we were thinking we'd find a nice rest area and sleep in the car then drive the rest of the way in the morning. But now we're thinking of getting a cheap hotel instead.

Does anyone have any suggestions of cheap hotels off of I-75 in northern FL that aren't too scary? Thinking we'd like to get a room for $60 or less for the night. Just a place to sleep and shower, really.

Thanks!

Thanks! Found a Super 8 that might work there!

No problem. I use to live in Spring Chase Apartments on Norman drive (between exit 16 and 18) for two years when I was stationed at Moody AFB there. There is a 24-hour Walmart on Norman drive and a Sams club with a gas station. A lot of RV travelers park their RV overnight at that Walmart for some sleep. Exit 18 has a Starbucks.

We stayed at Wingate on the other side of Jacksonville. Great breakfast was included and safe area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter