Logic behind Best Rate Program

We've been asking for years to have AP rates made available sooner and bookable online. Well, it "seems" this program is meant to accommodate those requests.

My problem with the system, however, is its limited scope. I checked each week from the first available date to the end of the "test period" date. Granted, I was looking for a specific resort and concierge. Each and every check gave me the "unavailable" for these dates messages. Now, as passholders, we all know the way around this: check each day individually, play with beginning and end dates, etc. To do this online (at least with my slow dial-up) would take an inordinate amount of time. Further, if you tried it day by day, you couldn't book it that way because you'd be paying for each day as a separate res. It kind of defeats the "party line" purpose of aiding the passholder and guaranteeing them rates.

My question would be, if Disney is able to offer these discounts at 120 days out and want those AP rooms booked that far in advance, just give the CRO staff the discounts already! Part of the problem with last minute visitors is they are unable to book these AP rates until a month or two in advance of the season. This is what causes the switch from rack to discounted rate. I know if WDW offered the AP rates at the beginning of each year, I'd certainly book or, alternatively, six to eight months in advance, I'd wait to book my room. This wouldn't prohibit WDW from adding more AP rates nearer in time to the "season" for which they are being offered if needed to fill rooms. I'd just suggest that WDW possesses the statistics and could come up with a plan to release a percentage earlier than it does presently.

Of course, my thoughts are only valid IF what others have been told by telephone, i.e., AP rates will be offered as usual in the past as opposed to the other theories that Disney is trying to do away with a percentage of its passholders. :)

All of this talk about WDW wanting to reduce Annual Passholder is very interesting.

There is a billboard along US 1, just outside of Coconut Grove. It's always occupied by Disney. Just this morning, they took down the Soarin' ad and put up a new one. An guesses as to what it's pushing?

That's right, purchasing an annual pass.

gcurling said:
All of this talk about WDW wanting to reduce Annual Passholder is very interesting.

There is a billboard along US 1, just outside of Coconut Grove. It's always occupied by Disney. Just this morning, they took down the Soarin' ad and put up a new one. An guesses as to what it's pushing?

That's right, purchasing an annual pass.

:)

it will be interesting to see what develops over the next few years...

I still am looking for numbers.....:) of course if anyone comes across them...not just what someone "says"....:)

Oh well, in the spirit of full disclosure, as I drove past this morning workers were up on the billboard covering up the annual pass ad (seems like it is a semi-permanent ad they can use when they want.) As I drove home tonight, I looked in the rear view mirror and the ad was for LMA. Oh well.

I think where AP holders fell slighted is in the details.

I don't think there would be such an uproar if Disney rolled this out with 90 days out, one night's (refundable) deposit, and a change fee to downgrade.

Rather than an option, I think it can easily be perceived as -- we got tired of y'awls constant phone calls about discounts, then overbooking and cancelling res'. Some of you are too time consuming and now you are all gonna pay!

:rotfl: I don't think that is what they meant, or intended. But I too would be uncomfortable with the current rules.
And I never overbooked or cancelled, or would intend to.
Then their internet site has never been noted as user friendly among guests, that I recall.
Too many obstacles for something they believe is a favor to AP holders. But to each their own.

Why don't they save time and effort and take a set number of rooms to AP and FL resident levels and be done with it? And allow a max of two rooms per adult AP holder. One night's deposit and a change fee (for any decrease of a nights of stay or package perks -- the lost revenue loop).
Even if a guest had one night booked, and wanted to cancel, that would be a lowering of a nights stay and go against the change fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter