List of rides for babies

tink20

DIS Veteran
where can I find a list of attractions that a 1 yr old can ride for all 4 parks?

I don't know that there is one - it would be a much longer list than rides that they cannot ride. Anything without a height requirement will be fine.

ETA: People who have been to Disney with a 1 year old will surely have tips or thoughts about some specific rides (I have not been), but anything without a height requirement is something that a 1 year old is allowed to ride.

It's easier to list things they can't ride.
As PP said, only rides they can't ride are those with a height requirement, no height requirement, it's safe enough for them to ride

Disney is really different than most all other theme parks. They don't really design thrill rides, they design experiences and they want families to experience them together so they have very few that everyone can't ride. One of the best things about it

As stated, babies can go on anything without a height restriction. This is most rides. For example, in MK babies can ride Peter Pan, Small World, Haunted Mansion, POTC, Pooh, Ariel, Dumbo, Carousel, Jungle Cruise, the Aladdin Magic Carpets, etc. At Epcot, they can ride Spaceship Earth, Figment ride, the River of Time in Mexico, the Nemo ride in the Seas, Frozen Ever After, etc. DHS has more shows than rides, but babies are allowed on the Great Movie Ride and TSMM. That list is not exhaustive but you get the idea. I have taken my son on most of the rides starting at his first trip at 8 months old. He really enjoys the dark rides because there's a lot to look at and he is usually happy on a vehicle in motion :)

We found the most dangerous ride for us with a baby was the parking lot tram. Seriously. It was bad for our 4 year old too. Those seats have you leaning forward and a bit off balance, so when they hit the brakes, shorter kids (and babies in arms) can slosh toward the back of the seat in front of you. Our 4yo got a goose egg on his head from this. And we have seen several other kids over the years bang their heads. But otherwise...

Pretty much all of the boat rides and Omni-movers are good to go. Plus a ton of other rides too.

The question should really be what attractions a baby cannot go on.
And the answer would be simple... Attractions that have a height requirement.
A 1yr old can go on the majority of attractions although the theme may make you think twice depending on your child. HM and POTC come to mind as being potentially "too scary" depending on the child.

My DD(1) went on all of the rides mentioned, and the only issue I would keep in mind is TSMM. While it's all ages, there are a lot of sudden, jerky movements that can be uncomfortable with a kid in your lap. Also, the parent holding the kid won't be able to play much. DD had just woken up from a nap when we rode and she was cranky on the beginning but she enjoyed the graphics and "helping" me with the launcher/gun thingy.

She also fell asleep during HM :-D Obviously nothing was too scary for her, but that's just her personality. You will have a great time! We definitely did!

The question should really be what attractions a baby cannot go on.
And the answer would be simple... Attractions that have a height requirement.
A 1yr old can go on the majority of attractions although the theme may make you think twice depending on your child. HM and POTC come to mind as being potentially "too scary" depending on the child.

1 year old can go on almost everything. When my kids were one, nothing was really scary because they didn't know to be scared. That came more at 2-3 years for my kids.

My son will be 18 months when we go. I'm strongly considering skipping POTC and HM. I think they may frighten him. I'm sure we will go back a few more times over the years, and I'd feel more comfortable waiting until he has comprehension of what the rides are and can verbalize whether or not he wants to ride.

But as far as what's "allowed," anything without a height requirement is fine for a person of any age to ride safely.

1 year old can go on almost everything. When my kids were one, nothing was really scary because they didn't know to be scared. That came more at 2-3 years for my kids.

Dark and loud can frighten a 1yr old.
Although any babies that I have gone with had no issues.

where can I find a list of attractions that a 1 yr old can ride for all 4 parks?

I've taken my now 4 year old since he was 9 months and my now 18 month old since he was 4 months....

They liked all rides, including Haunted Mansion and Pirates. The only ride my kids were scared of was Figment because at some point there is a crash boom and it scared him. Also I rode with a "nephew" who was scared of Marlin screaming "Nemo" on Journey of the Seas or whatever that one is called.

With any new experience (even with the baby) I would tell them what to expect. Where going to wait in line then we're going to get in th fine buggy and you tell me what you see, ghosts dogs etc. The four year old knows what a little drop is (POC) vs big drop (SM) and that helps for prepping him as well

My daughter's first visit was when she was 16 months and my son when he was 4 months. One those visits, we took them on everything that did not have a height restriction. We didn't worry about the dark or noises, etc. It wasn't until DD was about 3 that she really started to show she was scared of something (mostly fireworks).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter