• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

List all the stupid injuries you have had?

-fell off a 6 foot ladder while trying to get into the attic. Ended up hanging upside down with my left knee hooked over the metal ladder thingy that locks in place to hold the ladder open. Had to grab hold of the dresser next to the ladder and pull myself up do I could unhook myself from the ladder. Had a huge bruise/hematoma.

-used an oval topped, rectangle based cocktail table to stand on while washing windows in my living room. Stood on edge of table- table tipped and I fell. Tried to break my fall with my outstretched right arm- ended up breaking my wrist. Stupidest thing about this injury? There was a perfectly good stepladder literally 5 feet away, but I was too lazy to walk over to get it. Dumb.

-fell over a moveable blackboard and sliced my hand open while trying to casually make eye contact with my high school crush. Went to the nurse, got a big bandaid and came back to class, where I promptly sat on the unsupported desk part of a student chair/desk and immediately tipped over, smacking my head on the floor and crying. Crush just looked at me like I was the weirdest. I wanted the floor to swallow me up, I was so embarrassed.

-fell flat on my face after tripping on a cracked sidewalk slab. I was trying to be cool and breezy in front of a bunch of other moms after dropping DD off at a birthday party. I got up, laughed weakly, said I was okay, then hobbled off and cried in my car because my knee was all bloody and bruised.

Lost a fake pearl in my ear
Broke my arm during bible school
Broke my foot in gym class without even falling

Sliced the side of my hand open with a ‘safety’ box cutter... has the plastic shield. Yeah, not so safe for me lol took four stitches and was banned from using them at work lol

We had gotten a new puppy and I was walking him and we decided to run. I was not wearing good shoes for running, especially running on gravel, and fell and sprained my foot.
A few weeks after that I went ice skating and fell backwards, knocked myself out, and had a concussion - I had vertigo for a year after that.
A few days after getting our new kitten, I fell down the stairs (I'd been living in my house for over 6 years and miscounted the steps as I was walking down), sprained my foot again. I totally thought while I was sitting at the bottom of the stairs that I was going to look at my foot and it was going to be bent the wrong way, it hurt so bad. It wasn't. Skipped the ER that time and just iced it and kept it elevated. My foot will never be the same.

DH isn't much better. We were at a local festival one night and he tripped. Over a huge orange safety cone. Seriously, the cone was a good 3 feet tall and he didn't see it. Luckily he wasn't hurt, but I will never let him live that one down!

When I was about 10, my brother threw a generic Oreo (Hydrox?) at me like a freaking ninja star. It split my shin open badly and I still have a scar 38 years later.

Once I accidentally shaved a bit of my skin off while shaving my legs. It stung quite badly and there was blood on the floor. :D

Oh boy a few of them...I was in Jr. High so many years ago. I had made my graduation dress. I was elated. But one day at lunch I did not eat my apple and my friend wanted it so I gave it to her. And she went to throw the core away and tossed it and I jumped and fell on it and shattered my ankle. Took forever to get the nurse and trying to convince of what happened and then said oh I think she may need the wheel chair. We sat there watching it grow in size.....oh did not get to attend the graduation or wear the dress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter