Let's be a bit nicer / courteous to the security staff.

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
TWO firearms were found by the security team this week. I see people get a bit frustrated with having to go through line or unzip certain purse compartments but as you can see these people are keeping us safe!

Choose me anytime to go through the metal detector as I know they are doing a good job keeping us safe.

Just thought I'd throw them a shout out after TWO guns found...my god why take a gun to Disney.

I agree that people need to be nicer although I also believe its MOSTLY security theater.
So many complain about it instead of just being prepared.
I've never waited more than a couple minutes to get my bag checked even with the increased security measures of late.
I make sure that my zippers are open even on my wallet and that my eye glasses case is out and open.
And while the metal detector is annoying it only takes a second.
At least they are nicer than the TSA.

I've never noticed guests being rude or frustrated with security staff. I think people get frustrated with other guests who get in line and don't unzip anything or aren't ready when it's their turn.

Sadly, it's a thankless job.its the same with all of law enforcement. Nobody likes you until they need you.

Shouldn't you be nice to EVERYONE ....Always?

Being a CM can be terrible. As with most customer service jobs.

I hate seeing people treat CS workers as personal slaves or worse like they are not even people, just an obstacle to getting whatever they want.

Be nice to CM's , fellow park goers, security, alligators and any other living creatures you meet.

I've seen people complain and say "I just went through bag check".

I'm like ya but you were not checked. So if they are asking, you do it.
They don't always announce when they find guns. My best friends mom was bagged checked and they saw her gun and told her they will take it or she can go put it back in the resort. This is typical of her and ridiculous. Carry and conceal is legal in Florida. Some people need reminding that you can't take it everywhere.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree you should be courteous to everyone. Security included.

But I also believe that what Disney does is security theater.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter