Let me know what you think about our dining itinerary?!? - UPDATED

cegrad

Earning My Ears
We are taking our first trip to Disney in June and I'm anxious to get your opinions on our plan. We are driving from NC and will be staying at POP.

Arrive on Saturday 6/4 - Magic Kingdom

Breakfast and Lunch on the road
Late Dinner @ POP Everything

Sunday 6/5 - Typhoon Lagoon in morning, MGM evening

Breakfast in room
Lunch at Typhoon Lagoon
Dinner at Sci Fi Dine In

Monday 6/6 - Morning at Blizzard Beach, MGM in evening

Breakfast at Chef Mickey's
Lunch at BB
Dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe

Tuesday 6/7 - Animal Kingdom

Breakfast in room
Lunch at Animal Kingdom Lodge Food Court
Dinner at Pizzafari

Wednesday 6/8 - Magic Kingdom

Breakfast at CRT
Lunch at Counter Service in MK ??
Dinner at Concourse

Thursday 6/9 - Epcot

Breakfast in room
Lunch at Olivia's Cafe
Dinner at Coral Reef

Leaving on Friday 6/10 - Magic Kingdom in morning

Breakfast in room
Lunch and Dinner on the road

So what do you think, any suggestions on counter service in MK?

First, just a suggestion... I wouldn't do the water parks back to back. Try doing one in the middle of your stay for a break from the parks. Tuesday 6/7 I would do lunch at Tusker House or Flame Tree, I haven't heard many good things about AKL foodcourt Mara and why leave the park if you don't have to? And Thursday 6/9, I don't know where Olivia's Cafe is but since you will be in Epcot why not do one of the many wonderful restaurants there?

If you like Asian food there is the new noodle restaurant in the Tomorrowland Terrace.

We usually grab turkey legs at the lunching spot for a quick lunch in MK, and then a caramel apple from the mainstreet candy store for dessert.

Looks good. You have a good variety. You will love Chef Mickeys and the CRT. Have a great time. Give us your reviews after the trip. :)

I would definitely have lunch at Epcot instead of Olivias. ALso I would skip the Concourse Steak House and do either Liberty Tree Tavern in MK or take the monorail to either Ohana at the Poly or 1900 Park Fare at GF, or take the boat to WCC at WL.

I also would eat at AK counter service rather than go all the way to AKL for lunch.

When you go to Sci Fi you might want to ask for burgers even though its dinner. We love the Sci FI for burgers for lunch but it has gotten some bad reviews on its dinner menu.

Thanks for all the quick replies. We'll look at revising our plan based on your suggestions...keep 'em coming!

Noah122898 said:
First, just a suggestion... I wouldn't do the water parks back to back. Try doing one in the middle of your stay for a break from the parks. Tuesday 6/7 I would do lunch at Tusker House or Flame Tree, I haven't heard many good things about AKL foodcourt Mara and why leave the park if you don't have to? And Thursday 6/9, I don't know where Olivia's Cafe is but since you will be in Epcot why not do one of the many wonderful restaurants there?

I agree! Although the Mara is our favorite resort food court, you'll have to take an extra bus to go there. Besides, AK has some of the best counter service places in WDW.

Same with Olivia's, unless you are going to the resorts to check them out for future stays, I'd say stay in the parks for lunch.

I just would change the MGM day, you have them back to back, I will put one in the middle of the vacation. I think that the meals are fine for adults if you have kids I would add a characted dinner.

christinou said:
I just would change the MGM day, you have them back to back, I will put one in the middle of the vacation. I think that the meals are fine for adults if you have kids I would add a characted dinner.

Thanks, we are taking our DD that is 9, so we may look at changing one of our MGM days to something else and do a character dinner. I really don't think we'll need two days at MGM but had thrown it in on the BB day because we were planning to eat there. Looks like I have lots of planning and thinking left to do...thanks.

If you have a 9 year old, I would change the concourse dinner and add Crystal Palace, that is one of my girls favorite, they are 7 and 9....
Both of my girls also love the water park, so I would certainly keep that, i would just put one in the middle of the trip. Enjoy, planning is so much fun anyway

OK, I've made some changes based on your comments...here's the latest version.

Arrive on Saturday 6/4 - Magic Kingdom

Breakfast and Lunch on the road
Late Dinner @ POP Everything

Sunday 6/5 - MGM in morning and evening with midday trip to Disney Quest

Breakfast in room
Lunch at Sci Fi Dine In
Dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe

Monday 6/6 - Blizzard Beach all day

Breakfast at Chef Mickey's
Lunch at BB
Dinner at 1900 Park Fare

Tuesday 6/7 - Animal Kingdom

Breakfast in room
Lunch at Pizzafari
Dinner at Tusker House

Wednesday 6/8 - Magic Kingdom

Breakfast at CRT
Lunch at Columbia Harbour House
Dinner at Cosmic Ray's or Pecos Bills'

Thursday 6/9 - Epcot morning and evening, Typhoon Lagoon midday

Breakfast in room
Lunch at Liberty Inn, Electric Umbrella or Yorkshire Fish Shop
Dinner at Coral Reef

Leaving on Friday 6/10 - Magic Kingdom in morning

Breakfast in room
Lunch and Dinner on the road

So now I'm looking for recommendations on lunch choices either at Epcot and dinner at MK on Wednesday. We are using the Dining Plan and need counter service for both of the open meals. Thanks again for all your help.

Noah122898 said:

These were the same things I was thinking as I read your plan.

As far as counter service in MK, our favorite is Columbia Harbour House.

Any additional comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated by this Disney newbie!!

I would recommend your lunch in Epcot to be something a little more ethnic. There are so many good counterservice restaurants in World Showcase. Sometimes we all get different things to go and eat at the benches across from the train in Germany.

I like the counterservice at Morocco and Mexico in World Showcase. I also like the new Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station, but for something a little more traditional I'd suggest Cosmic Rays. They have a wide variety, so you can eat there twice during one trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter