Let’s just say we could all use a little Happiest Place on Earth Right now! Update 3/4

Looks like you had a pretty chill first day. It rained pretty good for So Cal that day. I would love to go to Walt's Wharf one day. I've checked out the menu and it looks great!

Looks like you had a pretty chill first day. It rained pretty good for So Cal that day. I would love to go to Walt's Wharf one day. I've checked out the menu and it looks great!

Its really so good. The bread at the Original Fish Company in Los Al is better but Walt's is comparative plus their oak grilled artichoke is waaaaayyyyy amazing! Both their New England and Manhattan chowders are delicious. We'll be out in March, all off property split between Seal and Cypress so lets plan on it.

Its really so good. The bread at the Original Fish Company in Los Al is better but Walt's is comparative plus their oak grilled artichoke is waaaaayyyyy amazing! Both their New England and Manhattan chowders are delicious. We'll be out in March, all off property split between Seal and Cypress so lets plan on it.

Sounds cool! We've been to the original Fish Co quite a few times. King's used to be our go to place, but we weren't as happy with them last time we ate there.

Sounds cool! We've been to the original Fish Co quite a few times. King's used to be our go to place, but we weren't as happy with them last time we ate there.

Walt's it is. We will be out in April for sure, July too, maybe to live.

I'm excited to hear about how your trip went!

:thanks: I am working on an update right now. It'll still be another non-Disney day but I'll get there.

Day 2:

Welcome back all and thanks for sticking around. :grouphug:

We woke up to a very rainy day but skies were set to clear up at some point. Our plan today was to first go to Huntington Beach to shop and take advantage of their soggy sidewalk sale.

The Raiders were also playing and we wanted to catch that game. Our plan was to go to Legends on 2nd Street in Belmont Shore. It’s where DH and I actually met. Swoon. I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar…literally. :lmao:

Finally we wanted to hit a few of the shops in Seal Beach that we missed the night before due to rain.

I am happy to report we all got a great night’s sleep! This is the first vacation in forever that I slept every single night. :cloud9: The whole family slept well.

Our Hampton Inn served free breakfast so we all meandered down at different times to fill up before taking off. The game started at 1:30 so we needed to be to the bar by 1:00 to get a table. It gets really crowded and their wings are amazing. The breakfast at the hotel is nothing to write home about but its decent for sure. They offer fresh fruit, coffee, juices, bagels, muffins, make your own waffles, some sort of eggs (either omelets or scrambled), and a meat.

We headed to Huntington about 9:30 am. By the time we arrived, the rain had subsided. By 11 we were seeing this before it got cloudy again:

[/URL
]

Then clouds. Typical coast weather. They have this cute tree on Main St.

We shopped our butt’s off. The kids all needed new clothes and while it’s so close to the holidays, we bought them lots and let them have them as opposed to waiting. We are suckers. :blush:

Our favorite place to shop is HSS: https://www.hsssurf.com/

We were starving by his time and it was noon so we headed back to Long Beach/Belmont Shore. We arrived about 12:30 and scored a great table at Legends.
http://www.legendssportsbar.com/ I put myself through college while working there during my undergrad. $$$$.
http://s1299.photobucket.com/user/jenmikesheets1/media/IMG_0130_zpsfnzbsvwc.jpg.html
[/URL
]

It was a very exciting game and thankfully the Raiders continued their winning streak. My poor DH has been a Raider fan his entire life. He’s from Northern California. He is so happy that they are having a good year.

The girls got bored about halfway through so I gave them my card and told them to go get pedicures. :woohoo: Its win-win. They get pretty toes and we get another pitcher of beer.

After the game we headed to Seal Beach to do a little more shopping. Tomorrow would be begin the Disney portion of our trip which meant we would also be turning in the rental car. Now that the Roxy and Billabong stores are closed in DTD, the kids wouldn’t want to buy all that much.

The girls bought a few things, nothing major. Joshua opted out as he got a lot in HB. I love the little quirky stores that sell fun things. I also love the little quirky stores that serve booze while you shop.

[/URL
]

The above would never happen in Utah because it’s illegal. Utah does not believe in the separation of church and state and therefore still have state owned liquor stores and crazy blue laws. But by golly, we sure know how to abuse pain pills/opioid. *insert sarcastic smiley*.

I found this hilarious card in the same store.

[/URL
]

After Seal Beach, we headed to DTD. In all actuality I am surprised we waited this long. The kids were craving treats from Marceline’s and let’s be honest, we love Disney.

We parked in DTD and knew we only had 2 hours for parking to be free. Nothing chaps me more than paying outrageous amounts for parking and I feel $12 an hour is lunacy. Its’ Disney, I get it but per hour? No thanks!

We also popped into the Disneyland Hotel to check out their gingerbread house which pales in comparison to the Grand’s. I forgot to upload that photo and I am writing this from work so I will include it later. I do adore the DLH though. The tea cup chairs in the lobby are the cutest.

We stopped by Trader Sam’s as Michael had never been and we had a date night planned later in the trip.

[/URL
]

We went back to the hotel and realized we were starving but what to do as everyone was in their pjs? Walk next door to Del Taco in our pjs of course. :lmao: Two small bean and cheese burritos later plus everything the others ate and we were back in our room and excited for tomorrow!

TBC…..

Nice to read that you had a nice first day. That is good that you got to eat at your favorite restaurant during the trip.

On your second day, it seems you all had a good time with the shopping and getting to Anaheim safely. The DTD parking fee is crazy.

Looking forward to your latest updates.

How nice you slept like an angel on this vacation. Your shopping trip sounds great! So cute it is where you and DH meet. Lol re working as a waitress in a cocktail bar..

Nice photos. Glad your team won the game. What is this? State owned liquer stores? I can't get my head around that. Here in the UK you buy it off the shelf in any supermarket. If have to be 18 or over but it's got an aisle of it's own. Wine, beer , spirits. Plus corner stores etc.

How nice going to DTD but they charge after 2 hours? I keep waiting for the new lime and orange garages at Disnet Springs to hurl this at us.

Nice to check in to your hotel! Trader Sam's how I love your Tiki theme in America.

Finally I understand what you meant by "separation of church and state" in your picture from Vons in the last update. I didn't realize that the Mormon church runs the state. I know about near beer and plenty of other states have whacky liquor laws like Massachusetts.

You guys certainly did a lot of shopping on that day. Does Legends allow minors inside? I've never been there.

Nice you got a little Trader Sam's in before your Disney part of the trip got off the ground!

:woohoo: Aren't the one bedrooms so spacious?!
OK, we arrived last night, and I'm embarrassed to say I did not remember that the 1-bedrooms in this DVC resort have TWO bathrooms with TWO toilets!! DD said "there are 2 showers" but I was more excited by the fact that there are 2 toilets! We really wanted a 2-bedroom (DD is sleeping on the under-TV pullout and it's OK but not great) but I know we are SO lucky to have gotten even this 1-bedroom at exactly 7 months.

Great update! Lots of shopping; I love the place that lets you drink while you shop!

Does DtD still allow you to park more than 2 hours if you eat at an on-site restaurant?? We used to do that, so we'd have about 5 hours (I think) to go to a park. Surprisingly, we can self-park at VGC for free as DVC members.

Just found your trip report and I'm really enjoying it so far (haven't caught up yet)! We are also from Utah, and just purchased APs for the first time. We recently returned from our DL trip (stayed December 4th-8th) and I completely agree that Disney magic is exactly what we needed to lighten our hearts after a really upsetting November.

July too, maybe to live.

That sounds exciting.

Our plan was to go to Legends on 2nd Street in Belmont Shore. It’s where DH and I actually met.

It is nice that you got to take a trip down memory lane.

I love the little quirky stores that sell fun things. I also love the little quirky stores that serve booze while you shop.

I am with you about the quirky stores. In all the times I have been in Seal Beach, I have never come across stores that serve booze.

Nothing chaps me more than paying outrageous amounts for parking and I feel $12 an hour is lunacy. Its’ Disney, I get it but per hour? No thanks!

That is insane.

We also popped into the Disneyland Hotel to check out their gingerbread house

Do they have a real one now? In 2014, it was fibreglass.

Corinna

Nice to read that you had a nice first day. That is good that you got to eat at your favorite restaurant during the trip.

On your second day, it seems you all had a good time with the shopping and getting to Anaheim safely. The DTD parking fee is crazy.

Looking forward to your latest updates.

It was a great two days! We knew we'd be carless so had to hit up all our favorites.

How nice you slept like an angel on this vacation. Your shopping trip sounds great! So cute it is where you and DH meet. Lol re working as a waitress in a cocktail bar..

Nice photos. Glad your team won the game. What is this? State owned liquer stores? I can't get my head around that. Here in the UK you buy it off the shelf in any supermarket. If have to be 18 or over but it's got an aisle of it's own. Wine, beer , spirits. Plus corner stores etc.

How nice going to DTD but they charge after 2 hours? I keep waiting for the new lime and orange garages at Disnet Springs to hurl this at us.

Nice to check in to your hotel! Trader Sam's how I love your Tiki theme in America.

I love little strolls down memory lane. Thats what So Cal is for us plus a mix of new ones. :cloud9:

Finally I understand what you meant by "separation of church and state" in your picture from Vons in the last update. I didn't realize that the Mormon church runs the state. I know about near beer and plenty of other states have whacky liquor laws like Massachusetts.

You guys certainly did a lot of shopping on that day. Does Legends allow minors inside? I've never been there.

Nice you got a little Trader Sam's in before your Disney part of the trip got off the ground!

Utah is totally church run. Totally. We had a nice long talk about continuing to pay taxes in a sate that does not represent us or our best interests. Another good reason to get back home.

Legends allows minors. Its a bar/restaurant.

We did do a lot of shopping. We are generally not big shoppers but everyone, especially Joshua needed new clothes. He likes to wait until we are in California as not to look like everyone else.

OK, we arrived last night, and I'm embarrassed to say I did not remember that the 1-bedrooms in this DVC resort have TWO bathrooms with TWO toilets!! DD said "there are 2 showers" but I was more excited by the fact that there are 2 toilets! We really wanted a 2-bedroom (DD is sleeping on the under-TV pullout and it's OK but not great) but I know we are SO lucky to have gotten even this 1-bedroom at exactly 7 months.

Hope you are having a magical trip! pixiedust: Aren't they fabulous!!!!!!! Does your DD not like the pullout? Joshua loves it. The two bathrooms are a g-d send! The three in the two bedroom are over the top amazing! At the PPH we had to share one bathroom. I know families do it all the time and it sounds super first world and is super first world but one bathroom for five people is not fun. :scared: :lmao:

Today our middle child turns 18. :woohoo: I will have an update tomorrow.

Great update! Lots of shopping; I love the place that lets you drink while you shop!

Does DtD still allow you to park more than 2 hours if you eat at an on-site restaurant?? We used to do that, so we'd have about 5 hours (I think) to go to a park. Surprisingly, we can self-park at VGC for free as DVC members.

Can we always self-park at the GCV even without a reservation, like if we are just shopping? That would be amazing!!!!

Thats the first time I have seen a shop offer shoots of schnapps while shopping. It was cold for California so hopefully that kept people warm. ;)

Just found your trip report and I'm really enjoying it so far (haven't caught up yet)! We are also from Utah, and just purchased APs for the first time. We recently returned from our DL trip (stayed December 4th-8th) and I completely agree that Disney magic is exactly what we needed to lighten our hearts after a really upsetting November.

:welcome: and thank you for joining in! I am so grateful we had this trip planned as I am sure you were after November......looks like we need to plan another after yesterday.

That sounds exciting.

It is nice that you got to take a trip down memory lane.

I am with you about the quirky stores. In all the times I have been in Seal Beach, I have never come across stores that serve booze.

That is insane.

Do they have a real one now? In 2014, it was fibreglass.

Corinna

No the DLH one is not real gingerbread, still fiberglass. Its cute.

That was the first time I have seen booze while shopping! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter