LegoLand recommended hotels

Iggipolka

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
we're trying to figure out how to afford a trip to legoland Aug 2016when are daughter's will be 4&7.
Any recommendations as to what airport to fly into from Oakland?
We would love to stay at the LegoLand hotel, but that way above our price range at $2099 for a 5 night stay breakfast included though.
Any close, clean, nice, less expensive hotels near by?

The current ticket promotion of but one day hopper & get5 days free, is fantastic. Now, trying to figure out how to get the rest of it together.
Thanks for the help

We stayed at Grand Pacific Resorts (GPP) and then moved to Legoland Hotel for 1 night. The Legoland Hotel is super cute but definitely pricey, so I found the split stay a nice compromise. GPP is right across the street from Legoland, cross one street and through the parking lot and you are at the front gate. It was great not having to pay for parking at Legoland. I didn't like the hotel room that much, but the villas (timeshare units, but we had a cash reservation) are very nice and newly remodeled. I have a trip report in my signature if you're interested.

Last year we did split stay, one night at Carlsbad by the Sea Resort and one night at the LEGOLAND hotel. I personally did not like Carlsbad by the Sea Resort. We were in a very dark, old room and it was just depressing. The entire "resort" seemed very old. I'm glad we only had one night there. The location was good though, right across from the outlet mall and close to other places to eat.

I guess your options for flying would be to SAN (the closest), SNA or LGB. We fly from Sacramento and usually it's cheaper to fly into SNA over SAN. But, I have seen super cheap flights on Southwest, like $39 each way from OAK to LGB. I have never flown into LGB, but I can tell you it will take about 1.5 hours from SNA to Carlsbad. It's about 40min from SAN to Carlsbad.

Good luck! My family LOVES LEGOLAND!

we're trying to figure out how to afford a trip to legoland Aug 2016when are daughter's will be 4&7.
We would love to stay at the LegoLand hotel, but that way above our price range at $2099 for a 5 night stay breakfast included though.

The current ticket promotion of but one day hopper & get5 days free, is fantastic. Now, trying to figure out how to get the rest of it together.
Thanks for the help

One thing to consider with the tickets is that parking at Legoland is $15 per day. If you're going to be there for 6 days, that's $90 in parking. You might consider looking into one of the annual passes that gives you discounts on pretty much all food and merchandise in the park as well as free parking and see if one of them might be a better deal for you (just be careful, not all the passes give you free parking). You would only need one person to get the annual pass for all the perks and everyone else could just get whatever is cheapest.

We stayed in Residence Inn San Diego Carlsbad on 2000 Faraday in 2014. A 1 bedroom suite was $178 per night which seemed pretty reasonable to me. It was clean and comfortable, nothing amazing about it, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

I believe there is one other hotel that is very close to Legoland that has it's own entrance, Sheraton Carlsbad I believe, but I don't know what the price is on that.

My kids love Legoland and the Legoland Hotel. The Legoland Hotel is a bit expensive, but it's definitely worth staying there with young children if you ever get the chance.

The first time we went to Legoland, we stayed at a nearby Hilton Homewood Suites. It is pretty darn close to LegoLand (about 4 miles away). It was a nice property to stay at. They offer a free breakfast everyday, and weekdays they offer a free dinner. We did partake in the breakfast, which was pretty good, but missed out on the dinners. Of course, you have a full kitchen there as well, so we made a run to the Costco that is located right by LL, and picked up a few items.

The second time we went, we stayed at the LegoLand hotel. While it is fun to stay on site, and is themed nicely, I don't think it was worth the extra $. Especially since had to eat out for all meals (though still went to Costco for lunch a couple times (pizza/hot dogs). The meals at LL hotel restaurant is ok, though pricey. Each time would eat breakfast there, I would think back to the prior time where had a free breakfast at the Homewood Suites. I have seen where the LL hotel has had packages that include the breakfast buffet now though, so that could help if they still offer it.

If I had to do it again, maybe 1 night at the LL hotel for the experience, then stay off site any additional days.

The first time we went to Legoland, we stayed at a nearby Hilton Homewood Suites. It is pretty darn close to LegoLand (about 4 miles away). It was a nice property to stay at. They offer a free breakfast everyday, and weekdays they offer a free dinner. We did partake in the breakfast, which was pretty good, but missed out on the dinners. Of course, you have a full kitchen there as well, so we made a run to the Costco that is located right by LL, and picked up a few items.

The second time we went, we stayed at the LegoLand hotel. While it is fun to stay on site, and is themed nicely, I don't think it was worth the extra $. Especially since had to eat out for all meals (though still went to Costco for lunch a couple times (pizza/hot dogs). The meals at LL hotel restaurant is ok, though pricey. Each time would eat breakfast there, I would think back to the prior time where had a free breakfast at the Homewood Suites. I have seen where the LL hotel has had packages that include the breakfast buffet now though, so that could help if they still offer it.

If I had to do it again, maybe 1 night at the LL hotel for the experience, then stay off site any additional days.

AFAIK, the breakfast buffet is now for everyone staying at the hotel. I think the main problem at the Legoland Hotel food-wise is that there's not a lot of options, and things tend to close early.

Thank you so much. This is really helpful. We've stayed at Homewood Suites in the past and really liked them. I think we'll be looking into staying there for our upcoming trip. Thanks again!

Thanks for the help
Park hyatt aviara is a great place to stay. we love Legoland and always try to stay a night there. Grab a burger at craft budget in Carlsbad for a great dinner

I stayed at west inn and suites, very close to legoland and close to beach too.
Free buffet breakfast, and shuttle to legoland. Free parking too. And cookies and milk at night.
Plus they have two restaurants on site, I only ate at the cheaper one, still nice.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter