Leaving RV / staying offsite ?

clm3

Mouseketeer
We were thinking of staying at HRH for 2 nights, but leave the RV
at FW. We want to take advantage of FOTL and spoil ourselves for 2 nights. Has anyone ever had a problem? I figured it would be pretting safe. Let me know what you think .... Thanks

Cheryl

I've never done it but have the same plan for one of these trips. I'd think it would be fine. I'd shut off the water and tell the front desk where you'd be in case of an emergency.

Cheryl,

Are you planning on paying for & leaving it at a campsite or moving it out to the outer lot byt the reception outpost?

I would feel very comfortable leaving it at a campsite, but would have second thoughts about leaving it in the outer lot unless the reception outpost knew about it and authorized it.

Anything parked overnight in the front parking lot with out a parking pass will be towed. they are cracking down on the parking lot, so if you do leave it make sure the parking pass is clearly visible

No, we would keep our site. My husband would never park it unattended. I also thought we could take it to HRH and leave it
connected to the truck, but didn't know if they had the parking for it ?? Or how safe that would be, any thoughts ??

Thanks

Originally posted by clm3
No, we would keep our site. My husband would never park it unattended. I also thought we could take it to HRH and leave it
connected to the truck, but didn't know if they had the parking for it ?? Or how safe that would be, any thoughts ??

Thanks

If you don't have a problem with paying for a site you are not using, just leave it there.

Let the reception outpost know you will be gone for a couple of days, turn off the water and have a great time.

If the price is right, I would leave it on site, but, just FYI, we stayed at HRH last summer and they were really super about taking care of our motorhome. The guard at the gate called ahead (we wouldn't fit under the portico at the front entrance!), a valet came partway down and got it, helped haul all our "stuff" in (including the dog!), listened to my umpteen instructions on driving it, then carefully parked it. They do have to park it in a different lot, because HRH's lots aren't designed for that size vehicle. The a.m. we left, I called down to the valet service, and they brought it right back, helped us load up,etc. I was very pleased with the service and security.
Terri the Yoopermom

We do this all the time. Our stays are usually for around 2 weeks and sometime during that time we spend a day or two at one of the other resorts. We just leave our 5W on-site at FW and go enjoy concierge service at one of the on-property hotels. We have never had a problem. Last month we did the WL while we were there. Worked out great, as we went back to the RV to get stuff we had forgotten to pack (and it is real close). I would recommend it to anyone just for a change of pace and to see how "the other side lives". My kids used to think they were missing out on something by not staying at a hotel ...... now they appreciate their RV even more, but certainly enjoy the time they spend getting spoiled!

Our friends are pulling their camper. Is there anywhere at HRH for them to park it while we are there for two days?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter