• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Late august vacation

addidisney

Earning My Ears
We have decided on alternative dates, since Fantasmic and Splash mountain was closed on our 1st vacation dates in may!!! Is august a good time to visit Disneyland, due to crowds and weather??? (we have 12-16 and 19-23 as prospective dates) Also, are rates for hotel, tickets and other stuff cheaper during this time of year??? Any suggestions, or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
One last thing,is Fantasmic back open during the month of august, could someone give me an idea of park hours for both theme parks (entertainment,parades) so we can plan accordingly!!!

Thanks for help!!!!

The later in August the better!! The on property hotels ran a good deal last year at the end of August, usually a lot of school are back in and the crowds start to die down towards the third week so I would choose the 19-23 if I were you!!

Park hours vary form weekday to weekend! Let me see if I can find the ones from last year for you to compare!!

Andrea

My advice would be this: the later in August, the better. Because CA schools will be back in session towards the end of the month. The park hours are pretty close to the summer hours. At least on weekends. It will be hot all through the month, but it is So CA and usually does not get too warm. Good luck, whatever you decide.:)

The hours for both of those weeks last year were DL 8-11 and DCA 10-9 on weekdays and till midnight on weekends for DL!

Andrea

thank you, so much!!! We are still deciding, went june last year for the 50th and crowds were horrible, was my 1st trip to disneyland, bring some 1st comers this trip, trying make it special!!!

I would be a little nervous about the Aug 19-23 date. There are two trends in August. As the month progresses, there are less traditional summer visitors because schools are going back into session. The other trend is the summer blackout for SoCal AP holders. This blackout lifts on Aug 19 or 20 for two different categories. See www.mouseplanet.com/misc.php?pg=blackout

This means that AP holders who did not get a chance to ride the Nemo ride in June and are accustomed to visiting DLR several times a month, but have been blacked out for two months, will be counteract the loss of the traditional crowds.

I am not sure the answer here. I have the same issue during our planned last week of June visit when the AP blackout is getting ready to take affect. I suspect that week will be busier with AP holder than normal - again especially because of the Nemo subs. Will that be lower or higher than the AP blackout period in July?

Bottom line? It is a bit of a toss-up. If it were me I would lean (slightly) towards the week of Aug 12 because of the AP issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter