• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last day , what do you do?

thanks for all the feedback. I am leaning towards a PPO breakfast at Crystal Palace then ride our 3 favorites with FP+ and head back to the resort for the bus.
That sounds just about perfect to me!
For us, it always depends on if the night before had EMH at MK. If there are late EMH, we close the park down & don't get back to the room until about 2 a.m. so we sleep in and do DS on the last day. If we aren't out that late, then we do a half day at MK.

This last trip was the first time we booked a late flight, and I really liked it. We checked our luggage in early, left our carry-ons with bell services, and went to Epcot for the morning. We took the monorail back to our hotel and did some last minute shopping until it was time to leave. If we hadn't had annual passes we probably would have gone to Disney Springs rather than buy the extra ticket, but I will definitely be booking late flights back from now on.

My last day's a Saturday too, with a 7pm-ish flight for a 3/4pm-ish MDE. I'm planning on RD'ing MK, hitting a couple favorite rides, and then have a FP+ to meet Mickey in the town square before I head back to the hotel around 1pm. Seems a fitting way to end the trip!

We have a 16 hour drive home. So we usually get packed up and either go to DS or to play mini golf and have one last meal somewhere. Then we start the dreaded drive home and stop somewhere along the way for the night. We always talk about going into a park on that last morning and I also buy an extra day just in case we decide to but we never do. I know we would have too hard of a time pulling ourselves out of there to start the drive at a decent time.

We are DVC members, so what we do the last depends on where we are staying. If we home at Grand Floridian, then the last day would be at MK for a few rides and maybe a TS lunch or just pick up a QS. We usually stay at the Boardwalk, so we either plan on finishing at Epcot or DHS. We like to stay close to the resort, so we are not relying on Disney transportation to get us back to the resort. If you do rely of Disney transportation, then I would give ample time to return to your resort.

Just allow plenty of time to get back to the resort to make it to magical express!!! Last week when the person crashed into the sign, I heard about a family that was stuck on the bus for 2 hours and they were already cutting it close to make magical express and they missed that. I don't know what happened, I'm assuming they got on a later one- but just be aware :) Go out and enjoy the morning and have fun!

Can you lounge at pool past checkout time? Are there bathrooms near the pool area where you can change your clothes?

I have a 6pm flight out day we are leaving and we were thinking of relaxing and lounging, maybe DS lunch before heading to airport.
Yes in fact that's what we do every year now. We usually fly home around 6pm also. We take our time in the morning packing up and relax in the room until check-out time and then we head down to the pool for a few hours. We change in the bathrooms and then have lunch before we head to the airport. Depending which resort you're staying at there may even be complete shower rooms near the pool.

We always ask for a late check out, often times it is honored. We have breakfast at the resort, take our bags to our airline checkin desk, and then spend the day at the resort swimming and having fun. Make sure to bring some plastic bags or something for your wet swimsuits( and make sure there is enough room on your carry on for them too). I don't like being worried about catching the Magical Express so we usually hang out and swim at the resort. It's a good way to wear put our kids before our long flight home to Colorado.

During my last two trips, I made sure that my last night was viewing one of the nighttime shows. In 2008, I went to MK and caught Wishes. This past July, I was at Disneyland, and I went to DCA to see World of Color

We typically have breakfast at our hotel, then head to EPCOT once our bags are packed. We do a few favorite things (based on my son's interests on that trip - last time our must-do was a final visit to the manatees in The Seas pavilion), try to grab a good meal (because Burger King at the airport before a 3 hour flight doesn't appeal to any of us), and wrap up our visit with a wish at the fountain. Perfect. :)

I've done a lot of different last day things...

1: if out late the night before (times of year when mk is opened until 1-2am) then we do a 1pm checkout and generally hit lunch at springs or just roam around.
2: hit some rides we want 1 more time. generally we make MK fastpasses ahead of time for last day but we've had trips where we were in the mood for other things. It may not mean 1 specific park either, we tend to do a light marathon of rides we want 1 more time.
3: watched them film the xmas parade in 2014
4: go where the day takes us.. we're normally spontaneous any other day so we don't really need anything planned, we wake up and then decide what we're doing or not doing.
5: did the vip ultimate thrills tour although 3pm ME is probably too close to really do this one.. this was a year that was stupid crowded and it was the most amazing last day we've ever had with the vip group hitting most of our favorites 1 last tme and quick rides between the parks and great brown derby lunch.. I would do this again without hesitation.

Leaving in 54 days. Our last day will be spent in MK. Managed to score lunch at BOG, and we also scored three FP for the morning prior to lunch. We will pack the car the night before, check out in the AM before heading to the park. Leaving the resort about 3 for a seven hour drive to visit family on the way back home. Quick stop for dinner, and hopefully the grands will sleep, being so tired from their adventures :)

We have a late flight booked also! I'm excited for it. We were planning to either hit DS or just hang out at the pool. I was going to play it by ear. I'm sure we will all be sad. LOL

our last day is a Sat. with a 6:30 pm flight out. we are hitting MK early in the am because that's what we always do. we get a couple last favorite rides in, grab any shopping items we missed, eat lunch at cosmic rays, then hit COP and head off to the tragic express.

As P.P. said, I'd play it by ear & see how tired everyone is - or maybe still super excited!

We drive 4 hrs to WDW, so it's different for us. We just leave at any time or maybe stay an extra day if schedules allow. Sometimes we stop and visit w friends who live near Orlando on the way home.

We like to go to the different hotels on the monorail loop and shop, have coffee or food. It's relaxing and a great way to spend your last day.

We have a late flight booked also! I'm excited for it. We were planning to either hit DS or just hang out at the pool. I was going to play it by ear. I'm sure we will all be sad. LOL

Oh yes parting is such sweet sorrow...that sinking feeling when the WDW bubble is about to burst. I'm always a little melancholy that last day. Fulfilled from the time I just spent, but anticipating the flight home and the return to the everyday grind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter