Landry's card

tmb001

Earning My Ears
Do the restaurants check ID for birthday rewards? We were told by one manager that when signing up to put your birthday during the month you usually travel, however I have been hearing that they are checking IDs to redeem rewards. Any experience with this? Thanks.

They asked for my Landry's card at Yak and Yeti, and glanced at my id to see the name matched what was on the card. Since the birthday reward is tied to the Landy's card, there's no need to see it on my id.

I don't think they actually verify the birthdate on the ID. The $25 birthday reward can only be redeemed once per year so there is no real way to abuse it other than maybe getting it in March instead of your birthday month of July. We've used the birthday credit almost every year for 15 or more years (dating back to Safari Club days) and don't ever recall being asked for ID, but these were mostly at non Disney Landry's restaurants.

Last edited:
They've never asked us for an ID. But we've never tried at Disney. We just use it at certain restuarants around DFW.

If they ask for ID, I think it's just to be sure you're the Select Club member, not to check your birthdate. So if WDW is the only place you'd use it, and you have a month you're most likely to go, that would be the birthday month I'd put in, too.

Over half a dozen visits (to T-REX, Rainforest Cafe, and Yak & Yeti) using Landry's rewards (welcome or birthday) we've only been asked to show ID once.

Also realize that that the $25 credit is valid through the 15th of the month following your birthday. My wife's birthday is the month after mine, so if we go in the first 15 days of her birthday month we are able to use both of our $25 credit at the same time. On different checks of course.

There is also a better option than using Landry's Select when not using credits. One is to buy gift cards at Costco. Usually $79.99 for $100 in cards. The last time we got them they had an extra $5 off. So it was $74.99 for $100. Then if you have AAA or AARP, you get 10% off your check. Use that, then pay with the gift cards. It is like a 30% discount. You can't use AARP or AAA with Landry's Select and you don't earn points when paying with a gift card. You also can't stack the $25 birthday credit with AARP or AAA. Just use this other trick when not using a credit or bonus.

Last edited:

Do the restaurants check ID for birthday rewards? We were told by one manager that when signing up to put your birthday during the month you usually travel, however I have been hearing that they are checking IDs to redeem rewards. Any experience with this? Thanks.
So they told you to give a fake birthdate? :scratchin

I use mine at Rainforest (for my kid) at Disney. Each time I used I had a manager come to table to "wish me a happy birthday" and verify my ID with the account. The reward is already in the account so they can check if it is valid.

Now if I am not trying to use a monetary reward, just get points then they don't ask for anything besides the card.

Do the restaurants check ID for birthday rewards? We were told by one manager that when signing up to put your birthday during the month you usually travel, however I have been hearing that they are checking IDs to redeem rewards. Any experience with this?

Did not check when we used it the past couple trips Sam’s sells Landry gift cards that can be used at Yak, Rainforest and I believe TRex 4 $25 cards for $80

At Disney they have always checked my ID when I give them my card but it was always a quick look at the name not long enough to check birthday. Sometimes my reward is on there much longer than the month after my birthday. I have a May birthday and I had a $25 birthday reward on it in March when I checked my account

At Disney they have always checked my ID when I give them my card but it was always a quick look at the name not long enough to check birthday. Sometimes my reward is on there much longer than the month after my birthday. I have a May birthday and I had a $25 birthday reward on it in March when I checked my account

My last reward expired because I got no email or notification that it was there and never thought to check. Do you get some kind of communication when it is issued?

Last edited:
My last reward expired because I got no email or notification that it was there and never thought to check. Do you get some kind of communication when it is issued?
I seem to recall getting an email on the 1st of the month of my birthday. I wouldn't necessarily count on it being valid past the 15th of the month following your birthday. While I suppose anything is possible the terms and conditions indicate that is the date the birthday credit expires. $25 credits earned for $250 in spending are valid for 12 months from the date they are earned.

I have never gotten an email from them or any sort of notification. Funny thing is I was online and saw this reward and had to change my password so I thought I would be “smart” and use one of those crazy long passwords and accidentally didn’t save it so I don’t know my password now. I don’t even get the emails when I try to change my password so I probably will never be able to access that account again lol.

I have never gotten an email from them or any sort of notification. Funny thing is I was online and saw this reward and had to change my password so I thought I would be “smart” and use one of those crazy long passwords and accidentally didn’t save it so I don’t know my password now. I don’t even get the emails when I try to change my password so I probably will never be able to access that account again lol.
Their help number was actually helpful when I called once, they should be able to get you a new password.

Weird that they don't send emails for the birthday reward, almost like they want you to forget about it. LOL

Their help number was actually helpful when I called once, they should be able to get you a new password.

Weird that they don't send emails for the birthday reward, almost like they want you to forget about it. LOL

Yeah I probably should just call. I keep the card with my Disney stuff but couldn’t find it initially so I looked to see if I had anything. Then the password fiasco happened and I never got any of the emails they said they would send. I never thought about not finding out about rewards via email until reading an earlier comment lol. I wonder if I blocked tnem somehow lol

I have gotten an email every year the month before my birthday month. It usually goes into my "Promotions" not my Primary email listing. I would do a search for Landry's. This is what the email looks like. Subject line is "Happy Birthday from Landry's Select Club!"

1712363938618.png

I have gotten an email every year the month before my birthday month. It usually goes into my "Promotions" not my Primary email listing. I would do a search for Landry's. This is what the email looks like. Subject line is "Happy Birthday from Landry's Select Club!"

View attachment 848617
Thanks, that was very helpful!

I did not get one of those last year but I do get emails a few times a month from them so hopefully I will get it this year. I'm also setting a reminder to check the app the 1st of my bday month. I will not miss out on my stinkin' $25 this year!!! 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter