• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kudos to character CM's

crazymama

DIS Veteran
I just want to put in a plug for the CM's who do the characters. What a tough job. It was stinkin' hot but they plugged on with the throngs wanting autographs/photos etc. In particular, I want to commend the princesses. Wow! They are wonderful. Right in character and NEVER rushing the little critters wanting hugs etc. I have to admit that I teared up when watching them interact with my 5 year old. She felt so special! Even I believed that she was talking to Belle/Cinderella/Snow White etc. What a fantastic experience. I hope that they are well paid for their work! :cheer2:

I'm not sure how well paid they are, but I've heard those Princesses are just as nice and sweet "off-stage" as on. And yes, those costumes are very hot. DS was a character for just 1/2 hour one day this summer at DL, and the first thing he said when he finished is, "I now have the utmost respect for the job those CMs do". All he could think of for the whole 1/2 hour was how incredibly hot he was (and he's usually used to heat). Also, the characters in full costume usually wear a skull cap-type thing over their hair. His slipped down so he could barely see. He'd be the first to say now, "Whatever those character CMs get paid, it's not enough!"

Just wanted to add kudos for some particular Princesses and this looked like a good place to do it.

DSO & I dined at Akershus last trip (June 06) -- didn't realize it was Character dining when we made the ADR, just wanted to try the food. We were seated near a table with a couple and their daughter, who on first impression looked older than most of the other little girls. She was dressed all in pink, and not only taller but also on the hefty side. I was facing their table so I started noticing how young the little girl's face looked, then I saw the end of a cath tub in her arm under the sleeve of her princess dress. The I remembered some of the shows from TLC & Discovery Chanel and realized she probably had kidney/liver problems or something equally serious.

Anyway, the Princess cast members were absolutely terrific with this little girl. I know all the Princesses have to stop by all the tables (they even stopped by ours), but they all seemed to spend a little more time with this little girl and she was thoroughly enjoying it! And when Sleeping Beauty stopped by and said "Aren't you just lovely! You look just like me!" and called over Belle and Snow White, I saw the mother reaching for a handkerchief. I must admit I was dabbing my eyes with my napkin, too.

Again, I don't know anything about the little girl, or what was going on, but she'll remember that for as long as she lives, and so will I. That kind of attention to just one little girl is priceless, and all those cast members present deserve SUPER KUDOS! :cheer2:

I agree -- when we took our girls for the 1st time to DL last year, the characters made it so magical!:wizard: I bought my girls autograh books and they had an absolute blast meeting the characters and getting pictures and photos. It is the best keepsake. The characters were all very sweet. And, the princesses were gorgeous at DL. Even prettier than the ones in the ads you seen on TV for WDW (I grew up in FL, but my parents never really let us stand in line to get autographs from the characters!!).
Anyways, I agree -- the characters make it so fun!

I could not agree more. My DD was three when she meet Cinderlla for the first time, which is her favorite by the way, and she still talks about how she told her she was a princess just like her. Cinderella spent just about two or three minutes with her, but to me that was one of the best parts of the entire trip. They can not pay that type of person enough.

Anyway, the Princess cast members were absolutely terrific with this little girl. I know all the Princesses have to stop by all the tables (they even stopped by ours), but they all seemed to spend a little more time with this little girl and she was thoroughly enjoying it! And when Sleeping Beauty stopped by and said "Aren't you just lovely! You look just like me!" and called over Belle and Snow White, I saw the mother reaching for a handkerchief. I must admit I was dabbing my eyes with my napkin, too.

I'm dabbing at my eyes now.

What a great story. This is what the corporation/company of Disney is all about. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter