Kona breakfast

I thought it was odd, too! I was able to easily book over the phone, though for MLK weekend in January.

I'm wondering if they're trying to make it more of a challenge so to "hold" some of the availability for walk-ups.

I just came on here to see why Kona was so popular for breakfast! I was shocked that I couldn't make ADR's for our departure morning when my window opened this morning! Glad I found this thread.

I just came on here to see why Kona was so popular for breakfast! I was shocked that I couldn't make ADR's for our departure morning when my window opened this morning! Glad I found this thread.
Kona is so popular because (imho) it has the best non buffet breakfast on the planet, let alone Disney. Not cheap, mind you, but oh so good!
My 3 favs are Tonga toast (bears no resemblance to toast as we know it), Pineapple Macadamia pancakes, and the fruit platter with banana bread. (The fruit platter alone would feed 5 people!) When we go, we all order something different and share, it's the Democratic thing to do!
And, I forgot to add, fabulous Hawaiian pressed coffee! Sooooo good, I'm wanting some right now!
Omygoodness, I forgot to add, the macadamia nuts butter is to die for, in fact when I go to heaven, please make sure I am comfortably sitting at Kona with a slice of that banana bread and a huge spread of macadamia nut butter on it. Coffee with cream and you will know I will die fat and happy!

FYI: I was able to book it online yesterday (10/12/16). Plenty of times available. We are staying at the Poly and are very excited to try a leisurely breakfast here on the morning of our departure. The menu looks pretty good!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter