Kohl's Veterans' Day Sale: Anyone Finding Any Good Deals?

AmyAnne

DIS Veteran
A few years ago, this sale was the unofficial start of my Christmas shopping. This year, almost everything I am interested in is excluded from the coupons. I have placed one order for some socks!

Is anyone finding any good deals?

I used to love the Kohls Veterans’s day sale! Then they did away with toy sales and free shipping, and I’m far from a physical store so I stopped playing. I logged in yesterday, and there were a bunch of cute Christmas and baby things for sale!

Went today to Kohls. Very crowded due probably to the $10 off $25 and I also had 30% off. Well you can no longer use coupons on Skechers shoes. Ah come on. There are too many restrictions. I left without the Skechers.

Went today to Kohls. Very crowded due probably to the $10 off $25 and I also had 30% off. Well you can no longer use coupons on Skechers shoes. Ah come on. There are too many restrictions. I left without the Skechers.

Boo! Those were always good deals with the coupons.

But, this week, at least at the Skechers store in the mall, it was BOGO 50% off.

The best deals were for 1 hour on Thursday night (well, Thursday night PT - might have been the wee hours of Friday morning for some of you :)) They still had the Early Black Friday prices AND the coupons worked. During that magic hour, I got some sweatpants and sweatshirts (I work from home - these are my work wardrobe during winter LOL). With the lower prices and discounts, got them for $5-6 each. I also got a set of sheets, a new pair of kitchen shears and a Christmas pillow - total on that order was just over $25.

Didn't think of it during that magic hour, but went back this morning and found a comforter set that still worked out to a pretty good deal. I think given the discount stacking, it will still be cheaper during this sale than it will be on Black Friday so I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I got $10 KC on that order to use in the days just before Black Friday. Wondering what I'll spend it on - don't really need much else.

In years past, I would have placed well over 10 orders during this sale. This year, I just placed 5 total. Oh well. I'm trying to cut down on my general consumption of things I really don't need, so that's probably a good thing.

Last edited:
I got 3 matching Mickey Christmas t shirts for our upcoming trip with the veteran’s day sale for just under $14. I thought that was pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_6298.png
    IMG_6298.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 2
order #1-items not tracking/not received

order #2 (kohl's replacement for #1)-items not tracking/not received

order #3 (new order for pickup in store-supposed to be ready at the latest 3 days ago)- still reading as 'in processing'.

first year shopping with kohl's online-not a fan.

I found I had a better deal last week with just the Youget15 and a store sale. 7 items (kid sweaters and long sleeves) were $90.

The same 7 items were $113 with the Veterans Day $10 off and 20% off deal.

Still waiting on deliveries. No estimated date due to set backs with the holiday. Maybe tomorrow.

first year shopping with kohl's online-not a fan.
Online shopping with Kohl's definitely takes patience. Sometimes things ship super fast, sometimes they are slooooowww to get them out. And once in a while, they never get them out. Good news is Kohl's *eventually* makes it right.

I’m mad at kohls. I ordered like $200 worth of stuff, all in one order online. They had the $5 Kohl’s cash for every $25 or something like that so I was thinking I’d be getting like $40 worth of kohl’s cash, but when I checked my account they had broken up my order into a piece by piece thing, charging separately for each item even though I ordered everything st one time all together and I missed out on most of the kohls cash because several of the things were a little less then the $25.

Good news is Kohl's *eventually* makes it right.

i dunno. when i ended up disputing the charge (after going round and round with kohl's customer service that insisted they would try shipping the items a 3rd time and refusing to issue a refund) my credit card company upon hearing it was kohl's said that they would be requiring absolute proof of delivery and verifying with me receipt b/c off repeated customer issues with kohls misrepresenting online sale deliveries.

i dunno. when i ended up disputing the charge (after going round and round with kohl's customer service that insisted they would try shipping the items a 3rd time and refusing to issue a refund) my credit card company upon hearing it was kohl's said that they would be requiring absolute proof of delivery and verifying with me receipt b/c off repeated customer issues with kohls misrepresenting online sale deliveries.
Weird. I've tried to get them to reship orders that never really shipped, or got lost somewhere during shipping, and they would insist on just refunding.

well....i'm glad i periodically was checking my in store pickup order online b/c apparantly it arrived but never generated an email to advise me :headache:

i think i'm over kohls. target does not have the deals kohls does but they are phenominal with their online ordering system-email to verify order, email with linked tracking when it ships, email to notify that item is out for delivery day of, email that item has been delivered (and at least right now they will refund the difference if you find the item you bought for a lower price through them between now and 12/24/23).

well....i'm glad i periodically was checking my in store pickup order online b/c apparantly it arrived but never generated an email to advise me :headache:

i think i'm over kohls. target does not have the deals kohls does but they are phenominal with their online ordering system-email to verify order, email with linked tracking when it ships, email to notify that item is out for delivery day of, email that item has been delivered (and at least right now they will refund the difference if you find the item you bought for a lower price through them between now and 12/24/23).
Even with the 40% off coupons I got I could not find anything of value - I looked

Kohls it not what it was a few years back - almost anything you want is not covered by the coupon as others pointed out.

They are not marking stuff down as much as they did and its sitting there forever.

Even when we get a free $5 kohls cash its not easy to spend.

We wife will wonder the store for hours and maybe find 1 top and even then its just something to spend the Kohls cash - not worth the time and effort anymore.

To your second point - they customer service is amazing - many things that were slightly damaged they just told us to keep and refunded or sent us a new one.
One example - I ordered a cheap futon\couch for the basement it was like $200 - there was a rip in the bottom and they sent us another after sending a picture - no issues at all. I've had a few things like that over the years and they are great. I've seen folks retuning used toaster ovens that were not sold for ages and well past the warranty and getting a credit without a receipt. I am sure they look to see how much you have spent on your kohls card in the past - but still great service.

Even with the 40% off coupons I got I could not find anything of value - I looked

Kohls it not what it was a few years back - almost anything you want is not covered by the coupon as others pointed out.

They are not marking stuff down as much as they did and its sitting there forever.

Even when we get a free $5 kohls cash its not easy to spend.

We wife will wonder the store for hours and maybe find 1 top and even then its just something to spend the Kohls cash - not worth the time and effort anymore.

To your second point - they customer service is amazing - many things that were slightly damaged they just told us to keep and refunded or sent us a new one.
One example - I ordered a cheap futon\couch for the basement it was like $200 - there was a rip in the bottom and they sent us another after sending a picture - no issues at all. I've had a few things like that over the years and they are great. I've seen folks retuning used toaster ovens that were not sold for ages and well past the warranty and getting a credit without a receipt. I am sure they look to see how much you have spent on your kohls card in the past - but still great service.

i've not had great customer service with them. b/c i've had so many issues with the orders i've made i've had to contact them several times. when i finaly get a live person i can tell it's all cut and paste responses-b/c i've seen them before with the same grammar issues and misspelled words. i also see no point to having to type in my name and order number before i'm connected, then get a message that i'm connected and to please wait a minute for the c/s person to review what has already occured in the chat-only to have them require me to reenter my name and order number before they proceed with the chat.

I don't buy nearly as much as I used to at Kohl's, but it is still one of my main places to check when I do need to buy things. Especially clothing. But I don't evaluate if something is a good deal based on KC - just the price out the door. Then if I have KC and don't have anything to spend it on, I just let it expire without stressing over it. But usually I can find something to buy with it - I like to use it to pick up stocking stuffers throughout the year, if I don't have any other immediate need for anything. A tshirt here, a toiletry item there (they still have a few that aren't through Sephora - this year I used some on Duke Cannon stuff for DDs boyfriend's stocking), maybe a kitchen gadget or two.

40% coupon codes I also let expire if I don't have anything to buy. Usually I keep what I am considering purchasing in my cart waiting for a good deal, and I'll take a look when I get a 40% off - if it's worth pulling the trigger then I do, otherwise I let it go. Lots of times the prices are better at other times, with lower prices and lower % coupon codes. But every now and then a decent deal comes up with the 40%.

i've not had great customer service with them. b/c i've had so many issues with the orders i've made i've had to contact them several times. when i finaly get a live person i can tell it's all cut and paste responses-b/c i've seen them before with the same grammar issues and misspelled words. i also see no point to having to type in my name and order number before i'm connected, then get a message that i'm connected and to please wait a minute for the c/s person to review what has already occured in the chat-only to have them require me to reenter my name and order number before they proceed with the chat.
This is par for the course with just about all companies these days. I've had the same problems with Amazon chat lately. Some unbelievably frustrating conversations with Amazon agents actually. They clearly have no desire or intention of resolving any issues. Kohl's, while frustrating to make them understand your point at times, I've had them at least try and solve the problem, where they can. They do have some policies I find frustrating - like if a package is lost in shipping these days, even if it's glaringly obvious from tracking something is wrong, they insist on waiting like 12 days or something after the reported "ship" date before they will even consider doing something now. I get that's because of shipping delays by carriers, but I've had cases where it's clear the package is lost and they will even admit that, but won't do anything until that 12 day mark about it. And I've had price adjustments go bad - they just adjust stuff to a weird price that isn't correct - but usually a second round with them gets it corrected. I had one case recently where on the second round they gave me a price that was significantly better on a pricier item than anything I should have gotten, just because of the fact that I had to try and get it fixed a second time.

I have has some major problems with target. Ordered a high chair for a baby shower. Arrived but wrong color on box. CS said open box and check. Ok did and still wrong color. Was told to bring to store and CS will order the right color. Brought box to store to be told that they will just accept with no record of me returning since another was ordered. Then ordered a toy for granddaughter for store pick up. Emailed item in only to get to store and item is not in . I said I used rewards for it and they were able to change order to mail to me. Weeks went by and no item. Called CS and they checked and either item never sent ( no tracking info) or item lost in transit. Asked now for money and rewards back. Did eventually get toy in another target not in my area.

I had great luck. Got some pjs and slippers for little grandkids. Two pairs of shorts and two shirts for my son. My best deal was for 11 yo granddaughter. She picked out a bunch of store brand items…I got her 3 outfits (sweaters and leggings) and a pair of ankle boots for $65.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter