• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Knott's Soak City?

bettymae1121

DIS Veteran
Just curious if any here have any experiences with Knott's Berry Farm's Soak City? We have a non-Disney park day planned during our week-long trip in June and I'm seriously considering us doing that for the day. Just me, DH and DD age 10. Looks like a typical water park but thought I'd ask about it. Originally we were going to stay at the Courtyard Theme Park but the number of Bonvoy points I'd have needed for a week's stay was insane, I couldn't bring myself to do it, so we're staying next door at the Fairfield Inn with their rather boring pool instead. I thought a water park for the day might be more fun.

We went last summer (daughter was 9) and it was a lot of fun. It gets busy later in the day, so go early to avoid long lines for the waterslides. Food choices were pretty limited, and it took a while to get food (they even ran out of something after me).

Yes, it’s pretty typical in terms of slides and stuff, but it’s a nice park. It does get busy at hot times of the year, but it’s pretty spread out, so doesn’t necessarily feel as crowded as, say, Hurricane Harbor at Six Flags which feels cramped and slammed with people.

Go to Wild Rivers in Irvine instead. It is going to be WAY nicer than Soak City. Scheduled to open in late May. I live just like 2 miles away from where they are currently building it and it already looks amazing. They will have a reservation system and limited capacity in place to avoid long lines at the slides for everyone.

It's an easy 15 minute drive from Disneyland.

www.wildrivers.com

Food is REALLY expensive, and not very good in Soak City. Highly recommend leaving the park and walking over to the mall to get lunch.
If it's not crowded Soak City can be fun. If it is crowded I'd skip it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter