• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kmart School Spirit - Ticket Discounts!

Free4Life11

DIS Veteran
This is a BRAND new program!

http://www.kmartschoolspirit.com/ssc_info.asp

It costs $49.95 to sign up and they say you can get discounts to theme parks (they don't say, but show Disney, Universal, and Sea World Images)

You also get movie ticket discounts, and lots of others, plus you earn money for your childs schools.

Looks interesting....

-Matt

I poked around in the submenus on this School Spirit Connection thing and sure enough, it is run by MemberWorks, which is the company that runs Connections!

Very curious to know if this program will offer the same prices as Connections. If so, it's a great deal, and it's also wonderful that it will help to support schools.

I've decided to sign up and see what the program is offering. It's supposed to take 10-14 days to get the packet (unlike Connections, it doesn't appear you get your info by e-mail). When I know what's what, I'll report back!

Mary
MouseSavers.com

...Can't wait to hear what happens! Also, wanted to let you know that I did get my Conn. membership info. by mail. Hopefully this will be a similiar program!

Oh Boy, this IS good... can't wait to get all the info... I just signed up for Connections at the regular price of 79, but if this is the same thing, I'll cancel & order through this program for 49.00, that would be GREAT!

I just looked around both Kmarts site & the Connections, the one thing I did notice, is that for purchasing gift certificates or gift cards, the Kmart site only gives 10% back, the Connections direct site gives 20% back... Also, the movie tickets through Kmart are 5.00, whereas I think the Connections direct site is 4.50, I could be wrong on that though...

I have a Kmart School Spirit card but the one I have gives a % of purchases in $ to the school, I wonder if this is the same thing or if this is a different program with a simular name.

WDW2002, this is definitely a different program, it is like the Connections program that offers the meal vouchers & pass discounts for Disney, along with other things of course... part of your joining fee goes to the school & a portion of your spending also goes towards the school... it sounds really good, I'm also waiting for Mary's update.

Has anyone received their info on this? I am very interested in it, but want to wait and see what someone else experiences first!

I think I have the same thing as WDW2002 does. It's a little thing that you put on your key chain and everytime you make a purchase at KMart, they scan your little thingy and a % goes to the designated school you have chosen. I don't think it's the same thing as the others are talking about, because you don't have to spend any to join this program through KMart.
Would be nice if you joined the program we did with the key chain thing and could use it for the other program, but I doubt it.

Did anyone ever receive a packet for this club to see if it is the same thing as Connections?

Please let us know.

Bump

I haven't forgotten about this, but I'm still waiting for my packet to arrive. I will report on it as soon as I receive something.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Thank you Mary!

What would we ever do without you??? :confused:

Okay, my packet arrived yesterday, meaning it took 21 days to get it (not 10-14 as promised).

The School Spirit Connection offers are pretty much exactly HALF the discount you get with the regular Connections program. Where Connections offers 10% off WDW and Disneyland passes, the SSC offers 5% off (and 5% is donated to school of your choice). The discount on various gift cards (Red Lobster, Blockbuster, etc) is 10% through SSC. Movie tickets are $5.00.

Most significantly, the SSC program does not mention meal vouchers in the packet. There is a web site (www.theschoolspiritconnection.com) but I can't log in to double-check on whether you can buy vouchers -- I'm getting a message that my membership is still being processed!

All in all, not worth it. You can get a 5% discount on Disney passes in many other ways that don't cost $49.95 a year. I'm canceling my membership.

Sorry it isn't better news!

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Thank you so much for following up Mary, I was hoping they'd definitely offer the vouchers at least... I guess it's back to the original Connections program!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter