Kindness of Strangers -- has anyone ever done this?

GrtWtNorth

DIS Veteran
We're joining another foodie couple at WDW, our 5th trip together, but our first Food & Wine Festival. Another couple was going to join us, but had to cancel. Virtually all of our ADRs are for six people, not four.

I'm considering approaching couples that are turned away from the restaurant podium because they didn't have reservations. "Hey, if you guys don't mind pretending to know and like us, you can join our table. If you enjoy sharing a bottle of wine, we'll pretend to like you too." ;)

Has anyone ever tried this, or received a similar offer?

I think it's a nice idea, but I think you're overestimating the number of 2 person parties (or any parties) you will find getting turned away at any podium. I have rarely seen people at the podium w/o reservations on all of our restaurant visits. I could count on one hand the # of times I've seen walk-ups at the podium at the same time that we were there. And then, the % of those that would be only 2 people would be even lower.

But if you happen to see someone, I think it would be a nice gesture - they may think you're weird or turn you down or something, but no great loss to you, right?

And you shouldn't have any problem just telling the host/hostess that 2 of your party couldn't make it if you don't find any sharers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter