Keys to the Kingdom tour

Katherine Beddingfield

Earning My Ears
Has anyone done this tour solo? I want to try it out, but I'm afraid it would be awkward with no one to share it with/talk to especially at lunch. I'm looking at either going Monday, August 22nd or Saturday, August 27th. Or any general tips/advice about solo tours would be great! :)

The tours are good solo and other disney geeks around you. There may be other solos and usually a young friendly couple or two. Its assigned lunch seats so they try to mix you to similar travelers.

Do it!

I agree with the previous poster, but wanted to add my experience.

I did Keys to the Kingdom solo a few months ago and did not feel awkward at all.

I was one of two solo people on my tour and the rest were couples/pairs. The other solo person was on vacation with her family, but they were not interested in the tour. During lunch, I was placed with the other solo person and the tour guide. (I've heard that solo people often are put with the guide.) We had a nice, really not awkward conversation while we ate. Apart from lunch, there isn't much time for conversation. Everyone is busy listening to the guide and marveling at all the cool stuff!

I've done a number of tours and group meals solo, I've always found that whoever I'm sitting next to always talks to me. Might be because I'm one of those people that will start a conversation but never felt uncomfortable.

Do it! I went solo a couple of years ago and it was fine. I was seated with the tour guide at lunch as well as another couple. Never felt awkward.

I also did the Wild Africa Trek solo and that was great too!

I was the only solo when I did the tour and our guide made sure I didn't feel like a fifth wheel. For lunch I was seated with a father and adult son, and we got along nicely. After the tour I occasionally ran into others from the tour and we'd exchange greetings or stop and chat. I'm planning on doing another tour when I visit WDW next March.

I've just booked my first solo KttK and found this thread while doing a little more research. can any of you tell me where the lunch will be?

Ours was at the Columbia House. We were given several menu choices prior to the beginning of the tour and were served at our table upstairs.

Absolutely do this solo. I have done it a few times (it really is different with each guide.).
Rode rides with the guide, and was sat at a table with families that were just 2 or 3 people.
Everyone has been friendly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter