Keeping your bottled water cold?

corvair

<font color=FF99FF>Doesn't need a fancy tag
We will be there in June. I am figuring we will need to take a water bottle in with us. How do you keep your water cold? We are staying on site so we will not be able to freeze them. Any ideas???? thanks,,,corvair

You can get your water bottles cold by putting them in an ice bucket in your room. As for keeping them cool once you leave the room, that's a little harder. There are insulators made for bottled water, but I think they're easier to carry without them.

Thanks, I never thought of putting them in the ice bucket...thanks,,corvair

We stayed at ASMo two years ago and we payed the extra money per night/week andgot a mini fridge. It fit about 4 smaller bottles of water. We froze them then thay lasted the day!

I bought an insulated zip up sleeve to put on my water bottle. They're not very expensive. It had a clip that I attached to my fanny pack. It also kept the water bottle from "sweating" on me.

We bought a camelbak fanny pack, I haven't seen any fanny pack types lately but major sporting goods store and I think wal-mart carry a back pack type. It is an insulatted pack with a bladder inside with hose to drink from. We fill the bladder with ice then with water, that had been in ice all night. You can usually find them in different sizes 40 oz to over 100 oz.

Thanks for all of the great ideas. I am taking a soft cooler along. I think I will put them in ice at night. thanks,,corvair

Wal*Mart sells the insulated bottle covers with a shoulder strap for about $5, they are wonderful for keeping the bottles cold, they have the gel pack you can freeze which I left in the bucket of ice overnight last summer. Also you can always get ice at any of the food courts or side stands. Try the Brita bottles, they have the little filter and helps with the taste of the water.

I used the Brita on my last trip but it sweats and gets you all wet. I think the sleeve would help a great deal. The mouth on the Brita is large enough to fill with lots of ice and it stayed cold for several hours. The filter did the trick for the taste.

I loved what we did, especially when I saw people guzzling that expensive bottled water at the parks to get a cold drink.
We were there this May, hot hot hot
I saved empty wide mouth drinking bottles(gatorade, powerade and nestea 20 oz) and brought them with us. I filled them with Ice each AM from hotel ice machine, and everyone had one hooked to their backpack or fanny pack in the netted bottle carrier. Everyone had an extra one in their pack, plus we packed two small cooler bags (like the ones you put baby bottles in or a lunch) and carried three 20 oz bottles in each and hooked them to our stroller. The ones in the bags still were ice water in the late afternoon. We never drank all of this water, but I thought I'd be prepared for our family of 4.
I had also brought some 12 oz bottles, and three of those were able to fit intothe small freezer in our fridge at the hotel, and I filled those 1/2 full & froze. 5 year old liked carrying the smaller bottles.
We also refilled some of the ones we carried at the counter service restaurants we ate lunch at. We all ordered pop, plus an ice water, and they refilled our cups and we poured that into our bottles too.
Did not take the bottles back with us, souvenier room!!!

My friend who went in April spent $50 a day in bottled water at the parks for her family of four--ouch!!!

Iowagirl,,Did you drink the water there? I have been reading that it taste really bad. I have those gatorade bottles too, I was think of using them with ice and there water... Is the water OK? thanks ,,corvair

OK, I thought I would tell what I do. First we go to Publix and buy a six pack of bottled water (usually about $1.99 for 6 or 8 pack). Then I buy a couple of gallons of spring water (Yes I tried the water from the beverage bar and resort and it upset my stomach...no more). We always bring our collapsable cooler and put the bottles in there (along with some beer...sorry). When we go to the parks I carry a thermal lunch bag...it holds 2 bottles of water, then I fill a sandwich size zip lock bag 1/2 full with ice, seal it and put it in another zip lock bag, just in case it spills. I put that in between the 2 COLD bottles of water. My lunch bag fits nicely and not too heavy in my back pack. My water stays cold for about 4 hours in my thermal bag. Since we usually go back to the resort mid day, this works great for me. I get very dehyradated easily and this method has been working for me for years now and we go 5-6 times a year. I know it sounds dumb, but it works. When the water is gone, I save the bottles to refill later and pour the melted ice cold water into the now warm mister fan.

Yes, I did drink the water at WDW, our hotels, restaurants and at Universal parks. It seemed kind of different everywhere we went, but all perfectly drinkable. Like one Florida resident said"we drink it."
Now, everyone has the right to their opinion, and I honor that, but I drank it just fine.
The water at our hotel had sort of an odor to it, but tasted ok. The water that melted from the ice tasted fine but didn't have quite the same smell. Maybe the ice machines have built in water filters, but it tasted just fine to me.

The water from the fountains at Universals parks somehow tasted better than the water from the drinking fountains at WDW. And the water from the restaurants at WDW tasted just fine to me, as well as the fountain pop. Maybe I wasn't picky enough, but just glad for a cool drink.

As hot as it was, it was important to me to have ice cold water and I was not going to get that unless I bought bottled water at the parks, or got some from the counter service restaurants. My family would not have drank near enough water had we not done it this way.

I only put water in the bottles we were going to drink from first, that way the rest of the ice bottles did not melt very fast. Then I tried to fill those when we had a late lunch at the counter service restaurants by ordering 2 glasses of ice water per person. Or from the fountains, if we needed it.

we rented a locker for 2$ at MK last summer and and outa small cooler in the locker which is in a shaded area with 6 bottles of water in it that stayed cool the whole day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter