Keeping Ukraine in our thoughts and prayers here

It's just an incredible tragedy unfolding, and a travesty that we aren't doing more to help. I get it...I understand the consequences, but Putin is a bully...and bullies don't stop until someone steps up and punches them in the face. I know it isn't as simple as that, but in many ways...it is. Are we going to let Putin continue this behavior after he destroys Ukraine and tries to rule it with an occupying force...because many Ukrainians are willing to give their lives to fight for their country? How about when he moves on Romania, Bulgaria...Poland? If we want to look at how this is going to upend the world economy look no further than the price of oil. JP Morgan came out today and said if Russian supply disruption continues that oil could hit $185 a barrel. Is that $6 a gallon...$7...here in the States? I'm not sure, but Americans aren't ready for that.

I don't know, but by coincidence, DH and I have been watching a WW II documentary and it's just making us feel ashamed that the NATO countries are essentially standing by and watching this unfold. We're not doing enough....period.
This. All of this. I don’t want WW3, nobody wants WW3. But I have a sinking feeling we are headed that way anyway. In fact, the last five or so years have felt increasingly like the things that will be in some kids history book in the year 2095 under the section that explains what led up to WW3.

This. All of this. I don’t want WW3, nobody wants WW3. But I have a sinking feeling we are headed that way anyway. In fact, the last five or so years have felt increasingly like the things that will be in some kids history book in the year 2095 under the section that explains what led up to WW3.
And how the West won the right way. Everyone’s descendants will read how the world came together to ensure they had a future to thrive in with peace. :-)🌎

Exactly, we don't want WW3, and not a soul wants nuclear weapons deployed. But...breaking news right now....the largest nuclear power plant in all of Europe is in Ukraine, and it's on fire. And firefighters can't get to it because of the firefight taking place there now. Ukraine's foreign minister made a statement that if this fire is allowed to get out of control...that the disaster that follows would be ten times worse than Chernobyl.

This is what happens in war....lots of unintended consequences. And scenarios that spiral completely out of control.

There are unconfirmed reports that the largest nuclear power plant in Europe is under attack by Russian forces. Not sure what they're thinking other than they've been told a lie about what they're actually attacking. Because I don't think being 5 km away and shelling a nuclear power plant is a very good strategy for one's long-term survival.

BORODYANKA/LVIV, Ukraine, March 4 (Reuters) - The Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant in Ukraine, the largest of its kind in Europe, was on fire early on Friday after an attack by Russian troops, the mayor of the nearby town of Energodar said.​
There has been fierce fighting between local forces and Russian troops, Dmytro Orlov said in an online post, adding that there had been casualties without giving details.​
Earlier, Ukrainian authorities reported Russian troops were stepping up efforts to seize the plant and had entered the town with tanks.​

Exactly, we don't want WW3, and not a soul wants nuclear weapons deployed. But...breaking news right now....the largest nuclear power plant in all of Europe is in Ukraine, and it's on fire. And firefighters can't get to it because of the firefight taking place there now. Ukraine's foreign minister made a statement that if this fire is allowed to get out of control...that the disaster that follows would be ten times worse than Chernobyl.

This is what happens in war....lots of unintended consequences. And scenarios that spiral completely out of control.

I don’t think this was unintentional.

Read that they are trying to expedite the process to get them into the EU.
I don't think it can happen in time.
There are unconfirmed reports that the largest nuclear power plant in Europe is under attack by Russian forces. Not sure what they're thinking other than they've been told a lie about what they're actually attacking. Because I don't think being 5 km away and shelling a nuclear power plant is a very good strategy for one's long-term survival.

BORODYANKA/LVIV, Ukraine, March 4 (Reuters) - The Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant in Ukraine, the largest of its kind in Europe, was on fire early on Friday after an attack by Russian troops, the mayor of the nearby town of Energodar said.​
There has been fierce fighting between local forces and Russian troops, Dmytro Orlov said in an online post, adding that there had been casualties without giving details.​
Earlier, Ukrainian authorities reported Russian troops were stepping up efforts to seize the plant and had entered the town with tanks.​

The plant appears to be on fire. Now the feed is offline. ☹️

Wondering if the Russians firing on the largest nuclear power plant in Europe is cause for NATO to get involved. All of Europe is at risk for harm here. Could this be the tipping point?

Obviously we don't know for sure, and if there is a major regional catastrophe, quite frankly it won't matter.

I can see a scenario where Russian troops tried to seize the power plant -- both to prevent a major disaster, like they did with Chernobyl, and also to deprive Ukraine of the electrical output of the plant.

A nuclear power plant on the battlefield is as big a threat to your forces as it is to your enemy -- if it blows, it kills everything for many miles in all directions.

The fire seems to be in the parking lot...not on the reactors. Although there are conflicting reports regarding the fire.

Last edited:
Who knows what this guy has planned? The end game might just be those members of NATO. I have heard that Sweden and Finland are ditching their neutral stance and asking to be part of NATO.

Who knows what this guy has planned? The end game might just be those members of NATO. I have heard that Sweden and Finland are ditching their neutral stance and asking to be part of NATO.
Is that official or just a rumor? The last I heard was that they were just keeping the option open. Putin supposedly threatened to attack them if they did join NATO.

Well if he moves on Romania, Bulgaria or Poland, we are obligated to respond as they are all members of NATO.
If he goes for another country, the Baltics will be first as their armies are not as strong and he can get local support as a lot of Russians live there.

Then he will go for Finland, followed by Sweden, strong countries, but not NATO.

Only after that other Eastern European countries will follow.

My biggest fear is if China joins Putin, not nuclear weapons.
There are some signs that China is stuck, but more shares the European sentiment. The problem is even more than Europe they are dependent on Russia for energy. The guess here is that they might step forward as mediator. That way they don't have to pick a side, and can prove themselves as International leaders.

Everything is going to work out. I mean, even Singapore and Switzerland have come out of neutrality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter