Keep Calm and Go to Disney! 10/21 - 11/4/14 COMPLETE

Via Napoli is my must do at Epcot and my favorite, I am glad you enjoyed it. That pepperoni and mushroom pizza looks so good.

Believe it or not, I have never been to VN!! Your pizza looks great, it's on the old Disney bucket list for sure.

Trying Via Napoli for the first time in August, excited to give it a try. Thank you so much for your great reviews. I loved following along and appreciate all the time you put into it.

Wow can't believe its over already. I love Via Napoli. It's defintely my favorite pizza in WDW.

Via Napoli is usually a good choice for those of us who love pizza! :thumbsup2

Charleston SC is one of the most beautiful cities. I adore it!!! VN=AMAZING!!!! Love that pizza. :)

In light of the recent happening in Charleston, I might be putting that trip on the back burner for a little while. So sad. :worried:

I'm sitting in an airport starving and trying to avoid eating the overpriced crap they are trying to pass off as food. Would totally kill for some of that pizza right now. Love via Napoli!!!!! The people that own it just put in a very similar place about 30 minutes from our house. Looking forward to trying it soon.

Oh, sounds like you may have hit the jack pot...a little taste of Disney within 30 minutes of home! :woohoo:

What a great report! We loved VN also and since returning from a worldwin trip to Europe we are eager to reminisce over some European food......thus was born our upcoming F&W trip.

Sounds like a perfect follow-up to your European trip. :thumbsup2

I've loved reading your reviews, thank you :goodvibes

Thanks for reading Jo! :goodvibes

Hoping to have a slice (or 2...or 3...or...) of Via Napoli pizza on Christmas when we head back to WDW. Been a few years since I ate there last.

Great dining reviews as always. Looking forward to your wrap up & then to hear about your meals from your recent trip.

Thanks Debra! The wrap up will be posted momentarily and the new report will be started soon I hope.

Thanks for the great reviews and photos!! I very much enjoyed them. :)

You're welcome, glad you enjoyed them!

Such great reviews!!! I thoroughly enjoyed your report!

Thanks for following along! :goodvibes

That was lucky to get a last minute Via Napoli reservation. The last time we ate there we didn't order enough pizza for our group. Everyone ate more than they normally do, since it was so delicious. :)

I wish I had had someone with me to share my pizza. I felt so bad leaving behind so much of it. If it hadn't been my last night (with an early departure the next day), I would have gladly reheated it in the microwave for lunch the next day. Anyway, I wish they had a smaller, personal size pizza there.

Via Napoli is my must do at Epcot and my favorite, I am glad you enjoyed it. That pepperoni and mushroom pizza looks so good.

It was very good! For the first time I was able to get mushrooms on it, since I wasn't sharing with any of my mushroom-hating kids. ;)

Believe it or not, I have never been to VN!! Your pizza looks great, it's on the old Disney bucket list for sure.

Really? That is a surprise! :eek:

Trying Via Napoli for the first time in August, excited to give it a try. Thank you so much for your great reviews. I loved following along and appreciate all the time you put into it.

You are very welcome. Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

I apologize for the delay in my wrap up. I had it nearly complete earlier this week but had to put it aside for a few days. When I attempted to return and finish it I discovered that my computer had shut down automatically for an update and somehow I lost it...can't seem to find it anywhere. :confused3 So I'm determined to complete this final post in one sitting and not take any chances of losing it again.

For this wrap up I'm going to review my trip favorites in various categories, starting with Character Breakfasts (of which I did three, Crystal Palace, Tusker House, and Cape May Cafe). Two of these tied for my Favorite Character Breakfast of my trip. Crystal Palace is one of my favorites, partly due to its...

Winnie the Pooh's Puffed French Toast

But mostly because of its...

Made-to-order Omelets

Tying with Crystal Palace for my Favorite Character Breakfast is Tusker House. It is a favorite due to its...

Coconut Sweet Potato Casserole

And especially because of its...

Spit-roasted Bone-in Ham from the Carving Station (served with a delicious Spicy Honey Mustard Sauce)

In addition to the three previously mentioned character breakfast buffets, I also dined at three breakfast buffets which did not have characters (Boma, Trail's End, and Fresh). Of these six, my vote for Favorite Breakfast Buffet goes to Boma. I chose Boma because it has both Made-to-order Omelets and a carving station with Ham...

Plus some other delicious options, like...

French Toast Pudding with Pecan Praline Sauce

...and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts.

As for the Non-Buffet restaurants where I had breakfast (Whispering Canyon Cafe, Grand Floridian Cafe, and Kona Cafe), for the first time the Grand Floridian Cafe beat out Kona Cafe for my favorite by a very narrow margin. While I have equal love for Kona's...

Macadamia Nut-Pineapple Pancakes

And the Grand Floridian's Vanilla-laced French Toast...

The scale has finally tipped in the GFC's favor due to the great service I received this time, plus the more quiet and bright,cheery atmosphere...

As for my lunches and dinners, I will divide these into two categories...regular table service restaurants and Signature restaurants. Included in the regular category were Yak & Yeti, The Plaza, La Hacienda de San Angel, Liberty Tree Tavern, Teppan Edo, 50's Prime Time Cafe, Rose & Crown, and Via Napoli. Of these 8 meals, my Runner-up favorite was my lunch with Joh & family at Japan's Teppan Edo...

I love this sweet, fruity cocktail at Teppan Edo (FYI, this is also served at its sister restaurant, Tokyo Dining)...

Tokyo Sunset - Coconut rum, creme de banana, peach schnapps and pineapple juice

I also really enjoyed my entree here, which was a combination of Steak & Shrimp...

Asakusa- Steak & Shrimp with Seasonal Vegetables, Udon Noodles, and Sukiyaki Beef Rice

Though this was an excellent meal, it was narrowly beat out by Liberty Tree Tavern for my Favorite Regular Table Service Meal of the trip. Coincidentally this lunch was also with Joh and family...

My standard order at Liberty Tree is the "hard to beat" combination of this entree...

Colony Salad with Washington Apples, Sweet Pecans, Applewood-smoked Cheddar, Craisins Dried Cranberries, and Grilled Chicken tossed with Field Greens in a Honey-Shallot Vinaigrette

...and this dessert.

Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake - Vanilla Cake with a Gooey Toffee Filling, Caramel Sauce, and Vanilla Ice Cream

As for my Signature dining experiences, there were several on this two week trip...Yachtsman Steakhouse, California Grill, Le Cellier, Artist Point, Narcoossee's, Flying Fish Cafe, Bluezoo, and Citricos. This was again a close call between two. After some thought, I have concluded that my second favorite was dinner at...

At Narcoossee's I had this delicious seafood entree...

Key West Shrimp & Fettuccine - Wild White Shrimp, Savoy Spinach, Baby Heirloom Tomatoes, and Lemon-Chardonnay-Garlic Cream Sauce

And one of my favorite Disney World desserts...

Almond-crusted Cheesecake with Lambert Cherry Sauce

This meal was only slightly surpassed by my dinner at another Grand Floridian signature restaurant...

In addition to the service being surprisingly great this time (I've had a couple of bad experiences here), my filet at Citricos was the best steak of this trip...

Oak-grilled Rib-Eye Filet of Beef with Roasted Marble and Creamy Blue Cheese Potatoes with Amber Pepper and Sun-dried Tomato Relish

I loved everything about this entree!

And then there was this dessert...

Warm Chocolate-Banana Torte with Vanilla Ice Cream and Handcrafted Belgian Couverture Chocolate Crown

While it wasn't quite as good as Narcoossee's cheesecake, it was delicious and a perfect ending to this great meal.

Before moving on to my final category, I would like to give a special shout out for the Wanyama Safari, which included dinner at Animal Kingdom Lodge's signature restaurant, Jiko.

This was a fantastic experience and one which I would highly recommend if you would like an up-close, guided tour of the savannas at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, plus a chance to taste several of Jiko's appetizers, entrees, and desserts during the four course meal plus wine pairings. :thumbsup2

And that just leaves my many Food & Wine Festival experiences, which included two Party for the Senses, three special lunches (Italian, French, and Mexican), the Parisian breakfast, two Culinary demonstrations, and the Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic. Of these, my second favorite was the Italian Regional Food & Wine Pairing Lunch held at Tutto Gusto.

My favorites of the five courses served at this lunch were the Lobster Ravioli...

...and the Gianduia Profiteroles.

I attended the Italian Luncheon on the very first full day of my trip. I left it believing it would be impossible to top. However, two days later I attended what would be my Favorite Food & Wine Festival Experience...

I thoroughly enjoyed every course of this meal, plus the champagne was excellent and free-flowing throughout the lunch. If forced to choose, I would say my favorite courses were the entree...

Lamb Tenderloin with a truffle and parmesan crust, served with Herb gnocchis

...and the dessert.

White Chocolate and Raspberry Napoleon with vanilla and raspberry ice cream

And with that I will finally conclude this dining report. Thanks so much for your patience and continuing to follow along despite the many delays. I hope you have found it helpful, or at least mildly interesting to read. If so, I would love to have you join me for my next dining report, which hopefully will begin very soon.

Until then...

Happy WDW Trip Planning! :goodvibes

Next up: A New Dining Report!

Last edited:
In light of the recent happening in Charleston, I might be putting that trip on the back burner for a little while. So sad. :worried:

Oh I know!!! It is so sad. Such a shame. Well,looking on the bright side, that'll give you more time to go back to WDW & report back to all your dis friends! Great report, lots to think about when planning my next trip!!! Are you planning another?

Last edited:

You report was fantastic! Can't wait to read the next one! Thank you for taking the time to take all those wonderful pictures and then sharing it all with us!

Wonderful as always Barb! Looking forward to the next one! :tongue: Our trip is in 40 days and I think I may finally be done making changes. :rolleyes: But of course your upcoming review could cause me to tweak again! :rolleyes1:rotfl:

Barb, I'm glad you go so often (at least compared to me) because I have another one of your reports to look forward to! Great job as always, Barb!

Found your report very helpful. I changed some of my ADRs after reading your report. Thank you

I always enjoy your dining reports, thank you for sharing! Looking forward to reading about your next adventure! :flower1:

I am oh so behind on my DIS reading. Glad to say I am now caught up on your report now.
I have to say, I missed Karamel Kuche in January. I must put it on my must do list for December. Via Napoli looked good however the college student in our group will tell me no as she eats too much pizza as it is. I really want to try Schula's and we have one in Roanoke now. I might have to try it at lunch one day.
Thank you for the Wanyama Safari suggestion. We loved this when we went in January. Jiko was good and the safari great.
Thanks for another great dining review. I hope that you do a report from your most recent trip.

Another great report in the books! It's got me looking forward to F&W this year!

Jill in CO

That was one of the best dining reviews I've ever read! Thanks again for all the details and so glad you had a great time .

I love all your dining reviews but this one was clearly a once in a lifetime food adventure. Thanks for letting us eat vicariously through you and bringing so much food joy into our lives.

Your dining reviews are always great. Looking forward to the next report.

Thanks so much! I'm hoping to get started on the next one in the next day or so.

Oh I know!!! It is so sad. Such a shame. Well,looking on the bright side, that'll give you more time to go back to WDW & report back to all your dis friends! Great report, lots to think about when planning my next trip!!! Are you planning another?

I've already had another trip last month, which I will be starting to report on very soon I hope. ;)

You report was fantastic! Can't wait to read the next one! Thank you for taking the time to take all those wonderful pictures and then sharing it all with us!

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it! :goodvibes

Wonderful as always Barb! Looking forward to the next one! :tongue: Our trip is in 40 days and I think I may finally be done making changes. :rolleyes: But of course your upcoming review could cause me to tweak again! :rolleyes1:rotfl:

Thanks Vicki! You're getting so close. Yay!! I bet you are super-excited. :banana:

Barb, I'm glad you go so often (at least compared to me) because I have another one of your reports to look forward to! Great job as always, Barb!

Thank you Fran! Not sure when my next trip will be yet, but I'm hoping for at least one more before my annual pass expires. ;) In the meantime, I need to get going on the dining report from my May trip.

Found your report very helpful. I changed some of my ADRs after reading your report. Thank you

Glad to be of help. Thanks for reading! :thumbsup2

Spectacular!

Thank you so much! Glad you enjoyed it. :goodvibes

I always enjoy your dining reports, thank you for sharing! Looking forward to reading about your next adventure! :flower1:

Thanks! Next dining report will be coming your way very soon. :thumbsup2

I am oh so behind on my DIS reading. Glad to say I am now caught up on your report now.
I have to say, I missed Karamel Kuche in January. I must put it on my must do list for December. Via Napoli looked good however the college student in our group will tell me no as she eats too much pizza as it is. I really want to try Schula's and we have one in Roanoke now. I might have to try it at lunch one day.
Thank you for the Wanyama Safari suggestion. We loved this when we went in January. Jiko was good and the safari great.
Thanks for another great dining review. I hope that you do a report from your most recent trip.

The safari is really a unique experience. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Oh, and I will definitely be reporting on my May trip. Hope you will join me for that one too! :goodvibes

Another great report in the books! It's got me looking forward to F&W this year!

Jill in CO

Thanks Jill! What are your trip dates for F & W? There is a chance I might be going again this year. ;)

That was one of the best dining reviews I've ever read! Thanks again for all the details and so glad you had a great time .

Thank you so much Lori! :blush:

I love all your dining reviews but this one was clearly a once in a lifetime food adventure. Thanks for letting us eat vicariously through you and bringing so much food joy into our lives.

Thanks Kari! That trip was really my dream "foodie" trip. The May one with my kids was great, but it was more about family time and less about the food...however, we did manage to consume a good amount of food and alcoholic beverages between the four of us. :laughing:

I'm there Oct 17-25 staying at AKV. :) I'm dining solo at V&A if your dates work out and you would like to join me.

Jill in CO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter