Keep Calm and Go to Disney! 10/21 - 11/4/14 COMPLETE

Oh, I had forgotten all about 'Ohana's fresh pineapple with caramel sauce. You have a good memory! :thumbsup2

Thank you! popcorn::

Beaches and Cream is one of my favorites. Glad you finally managed to get in. :woohoo: Your onion rings look so good, and I will say, there's something oddly good about pairing onion rings and french fries with shakes, so this seems perfectly fine with me. I have to try the No Way Jose next time!

Wait. You've never been to Charleston?? Oh my goodness. Drop everything. Right now. Book a trip. I'll wait ...

Although I am reading your report many months after your return I am so glad to have read it! We will be attending our very first F&W AND MNSSHP this Sept/Oct. I am fairly clueless regarding F&W, especially the special events. Do they all come up for purchase at the same time? So for 2015, how would I find out what is scheduled and when? We just returned (well, we returned on May 11) from Europe and I felt the need to relive some happy memories of food and wine so what better place to do so? :)

we have a reservation/adr for Beaches and Cream... I made it for 4, I figure we'll probably only eat ice cream, but maybe not!

and I still want a caramel apple

I've definitely got to get by the caramel shop this trip! My fiance was reading over my shoulder and loved the sundaes at Beaches and Cream too :)

As always, everything looks amazing and it seems like you were having a great time!

Ooh, great reviews! I am getting caught up. I too must stop at Karamell Kuche every time I'm in Epcot. That popcorn is sooooo good!! I'm lucky if it makes it on to the plane.

We tried Beaches and Cream for the first time last weekend. It's a cute little place. We also had the No Way Jose - AWESOME! I might have to stop there each trip now. ;)

Onion rings and a No Way Jose sounds like the most perfect meal ever! Once you see those onion rings they are hard to resist. I totally get the temptation.

I got the chocolate covered s'more at KK last time we were there and it was wonderful! There is a layer of caramel in with the marshmallow and it is divine! I will warn however not to put it in the fridge as it becomes very difficult to eat!

Oh, that does sound good! :thumbsup2

First, your goodies from karamel Kuche look amazing. Anyway you could teleport some of those this way ; ). So gonna have to start to make that a last day tradition too.

Your lobster bolognese looks delicious and the whole experience looks like a ton of fun, and a good value. I'd never heard of the chef either, but spent some time in charleston and the food is just as good as you could imagine

Love your beaches and cream meal. Can you add some onion rings to that teleportation request? Onion rings and ice cream sounds like a perfect meal to me.

Oh, how I wish I could! If I had a teleporter, I would definitely be at Disney World a lot...and maybe pop in to Charleston sometime too. Beam me up, Scotty! ;)

We have been to beaches and cream once and that was to conquer the one and only kitchen sink which we did eat all of. I would love to go back there and try something else. Those onion rings and no way Jose look really good.

You conquered the Kitchen Sink?! Bravo! :worship: I bet it was awesome!

Thank you! popcorn::

Beaches and Cream is one of my favorites. Glad you finally managed to get in. :woohoo: Your onion rings look so good, and I will say, there's something oddly good about pairing onion rings and french fries with shakes, so this seems perfectly fine with me. I have to try the No Way Jose next time!

I know exactly what you mean about the french fries and milkshakes! :thumbsup2

Wait. You've never been to Charleston?? Oh my goodness. Drop everything. Right now. Book a trip. I'll wait ...

My son just gave me a Facebook quiz regarding how many states you've visited. I've been lucky to visit all but a handful, and South Carolina is one of them. Sounds like I need to get myself to Charleston ASAP and cross another state off the list. ::yes::

Thank you for all of your reviews! Someday, I hope I have the privilege of having dinner with or meeting you.

That would be great! I love meeting DISers. :goodvibes

MMM...Beaches & Cream!! Looks delish! Another one of those that I have never been too...that needs to change.

That definitely must change, even if it's just for ice cream. They even have a to-go counter where you can get some of their ice cream treats. :thumbsup2

Although I am reading your report many months after your return I am so glad to have read it! We will be attending our very first F&W AND MNSSHP this Sept/Oct. I am fairly clueless regarding F&W, especially the special events. Do they all come up for purchase at the same time? So for 2015, how would I find out what is scheduled and when? We just returned (well, we returned on May 11) from Europe and I felt the need to relive some happy memories of food and wine so what better place to do so? :)

The tickets for the demos, seminars, special events, etc. will probably go on sale in late July. As soon as Disney publishes the schedule for these events, it will be all over the internet. You should probably be checking sites like the Disney Food Blog or even here for this information starting in mid-July. If like last year, Chase Disney VISA cardholders were able to purchase some tickets (like for the PFTS) a few days in advance of going on sale to the general public. Also some things, like the culinary demos I attended were available for early purchase if you were a Tables in Wonderland or DVC member or Annual Passholder. All of this information should be made available at least a few days prior to the tickets going on sale. Happy Planning!

we have a reservation/adr for Beaches and Cream... I made it for 4, I figure we'll probably only eat ice cream, but maybe not!

and I still want a caramel apple

I fully intended to only have ice cream at Beaches & Cream, but...well, you know how that turned out. :laughing: Anyway, I hope you enjoy your visit and whatever you do end up having. :thumbsup2

I've definitely got to get by the caramel shop this trip! My fiance was reading over my shoulder and loved the sundaes at Beaches and Cream too :)

As always, everything looks amazing and it seems like you were having a great time!

Thanks, I did have a great time! But I guess all good things must come to an end and this one has only one meal left. Stay tuned for Via Napoli!

Ooh, great reviews! I am getting caught up. I too must stop at Karamell Kuche every time I'm in Epcot. That popcorn is sooooo good!! I'm lucky if it makes it on to the plane.

We tried Beaches and Cream for the first time last weekend. It's a cute little place. We also had the No Way Jose - AWESOME! I might have to stop there each trip now. ;)

Happily I was able to make it to both again on my trip last month. Those caramel goodies and No Way Jose sundaes are addicting! :laughing:

Onion rings and a No Way Jose sounds like the most perfect meal ever! Once you see those onion rings they are hard to resist. I totally get the temptation.

Thanks Jeri! I actually have you to thank for my latest visit to Beaches & Cream. In the excitement of the trip, I had forgotten that I wanted to bring my kids there for ice cream and then what popped up on Instagram but your No Way Jose! :woohoo: I then made it my mission to get there before the end of our trip. ;)

And that just leaves the final meal of my trip. My original idea was to begin this trip by having dinner at the restaurant where I had had my least favorite meal on my previous trip, Yachtsman Steakhouse. I followed through with this plan and ended up having a great meal there. While it wasn't among my favorites of this trip, it was good enough to restore my faith in this restaurant after having two bad experiences there. The other idea I had was to end this trip by returning to the restaurant which was my favorite last trip, Shula's. However, after having a wonderful filet the night before at Citricos, I decided to forego that part of my plan and cancelled my reservation. Since I knew I wanted to attend the Eat to the Beat concert, I decided to look for something at Epcot. From the restaurants which had availability for after the 5:30 concert, I chose to have my final meal at Italy's...

After looking over and taking photos of their menu...

I placed my order for a pepperoni and mushroom pizza...

Now to be honest, I have had both good pizzas at Via Napoli and not so good but happily this one was of the good variety. The toppings were pretty evenly distributed and the crust was crispy but not burned, as can happen sometimes with the wood-burning ovens. I thoroughly enjoyed the two pieces I was able to eat and sadly had to leave the rest behind. Although I love the zeppole dessert here, I knew I had the Karamel Kuche brownie waiting for me back in my room so I resisted the temptation. (After tasting the brownie later, I regretted this decision.;))

So with a simple, yet tasty pizza, my dream Disney foodie trip ended on a high note.

Next up: The Wrap Up!

Wow can't believe its over already. I love Via Napoli. It's defintely my favorite pizza in WDW.

Charleston SC is one of the most beautiful cities. I adore it!!! VN=AMAZING!!!! Love that pizza. :)

I'm sitting in an airport starving and trying to avoid eating the overpriced crap they are trying to pass off as food. Would totally kill for some of that pizza right now. Love via Napoli!!!!! The people that own it just put in a very similar place about 30 minutes from our house. Looking forward to trying it soon.

What a great report! We loved VN also and since returning from a worldwin trip to Europe we are eager to reminisce over some European food......thus was born our upcoming F&W trip.

Hoping to have a slice (or 2...or 3...or...) of Via Napoli pizza on Christmas when we head back to WDW. Been a few years since I ate there last.

Great dining reviews as always. Looking forward to your wrap up & then to hear about your meals from your recent trip.

That was lucky to get a last minute Via Napoli reservation. The last time we ate there we didn't order enough pizza for our group. Everyone ate more than they normally do, since it was so delicious. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter