Just Upgraded to Wilderness Lodge- Help me get excited!!

minniemousepancake

Earning My Ears
After the discount came out, I called my AAA travel agent to see how much it would be to upgrade from POFQ to the Wilderness Lodge (which is where I wanted to stay all along, but I didn't think I could afford it) and he told me it would only cost me $78 more to switch resorts! I was so excited! :cool1:

So what are some things I should look forward to at the Wilderness Lodge? Tell me why I'll love it!

Taking the boat to MK is so much fun. You get to see the electrical water pageant since it goes right past WL. It's quiet and such a relaxing resort. It's the first resort I actually took time to just sit and enjoy. You can grab a rocker in front of the big fireplace and just people watch.

OMG! I just LOVE the WL! I love the rooms and the feel of the resort! You will definitely feel the difference in a deluxe resort! We love the accessibility to the MK and all the resorts around the MK. It is really easy!

We are doing the same thing. I switched today!
I am really excited as it is the only resort I have never been inside!

1) So, you need help getting excited about WL?
2) It is lovely, and you WILL like it.
3) But, let's see if I can lend more enthusiasm.
4) Let's use these examples:
. . . remember your first "real" date as a teen, and without Dad following?
. . . remember your first accelerator stomp after getting your first license?
. . . remember your first kiss, and not the one from Aunt Edna?
. . . remember your first Twinkie?
. . . remember your first quart of cookies-and-cream ice cream?
5) Now, tone those down 1/2-a-notch and you get the idea of WL.

We just switched from CSR to WL today too with the new deal! Sooo excited! I have always wanted to stay here!

We just switched from POR to WL today too!! Never thought we could afford it either! Now, I'm busy reading all that I can so I can get even more excited! I even changed my screen saver!

We just booked today also with the new deal. I am excited. We have never stayed here. I was told that concierge rooms were not included in the deal. I just want to make sure I am getting the right information. I would have loved to book that.

You will love the WL; we are going back for the 3rd time in Feb.. It is simply amazing. No other resort compares to the beauty and splendor of this humble resort. Read up on the history of the resort and do go exploring while you are there. We do every trip and find something new, such as a new place to watch the fireworks or sit by a fire in a small alcove. It has so much warmth and grace that you will surely keep comming back over and over again. We keep wanting to try out new resorts but end up doing a split stay. I think for our next trip we might do a split with either the AKL CL or the BWI CL. I would never hesitate to stay anywhere at the WL as long as I am there.

We just booked today also with the new deal. I am excited. We have never stayed here. I was told that concierge rooms were not included in the deal. I just want to make sure I am getting the right information. I would have loved to book that.
I booked yesterday with the 4/3 deal. I booked a standard club level room with the deal. I didn't ask for it. It was the only thing available for my dates under the deal at WL.

We fed ducks, bunnies, and birds on our patio.

I'm pretty sure Snow White walked by. Weird, but cool.

The WL was the first Disney resort we've stayed at. It's absolutely beautiful!! I might have a very hard time staying another resort when we go back. I'll never forget the feeling I got when we were driving up to it. And then when we stepped foot into the lobby. It was amazing!!!

Absolutely loved the WL, and it is my favorite resort so far. We stayed there marathon weekend (Jan 2007). After the marathon, we went back and hung out in the pool all day. The pool is great. The kids loved the geyser, the lobby, and my DD had her 9th birthday dinner in Whispering Canyon Cafe. We had a great time in WCC. We also had a front row view of the Electrical Pagaent from our room. Walt Disney's actual trains from the train he built in his backyard in California are in the lobby of the WL villas. It is a great, great, resort - incredibly well-themed, and I could spend all day in the lobby.

We switched, too! I had Pop all researched out and now I'm learning all about WL.

It certainly looks cozy. Although, being from Michigan, I want palm trees when I go to Florida, not evergreens :laughing: but I will find those in the parks and other resorts.

Mind if I ask a quick question? I have looked at hundreds of photos in the last two days and can't determine if the main pool at WL is zero entry ???

I think this thread should be retitled to "We just switched to WL with the 4/3 deal!"

We also just switched. We were booked at CSR and switched to WL woods view room. I tried to get Poly, CR, and GF but was shut out so WL it is. I too need some help getting excited. I live in Wisconsin and the Northwoods feel of the resort is...sort of like driving 2 hours north from my house. I am trying to get excited about the grandeur(sp?) of the lobby and the pool. We are big MK folks so we will use the boat service alot. My kids love playing in the pool and in the beach sand so that is also a plus. My kids are very excited about this resort its just DH and I that are feeling like...its not quite the getaway from reality we were hoping for.

How is the food at Whispering Canyon and in Roaring Forks? Any fun poolside adult beverages that are a must-have?

LOVE IT!! The moment you arrive at the entrance you now its gonna take your breath away!

Haha, we just switched to WL from CR, moved to 2 rooms instead of 1 so for us it is an upgrade to have 2 rooms since we couldn't get the "deal" at CR for our dates. I'm also from the upper midwest so the whole "lodge" theme doesn't appeal to me as much which is why we've never stayed there before, but we are still looking forward to our stay at WL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter