Just Made My Reservations Thru CRO, Not WDTC

cindala

<font color=blue>Must solemnly vow NEVER to toggle
I am a DC member, AAA member, and an Annual Passholder. Thanks to much information from these boards, I decided to make my reservations thru CRO, and not thru the 800 number with the DC.

Thru CRO:

AAA discount the same as the DC Discount, even costs less, because you do not have to pay for the basic plan which is room and admission to WWOSports, just room only.

Cancellation policy 5 days
No charge for changes to reservation
Do not have to pay balance 21 days out (CM quoted 21 days)
Do not have to buy trip cancellation insurance which is $29.95 per adult.

The phone call was a toll call though, but worth all the conveniences and certainly worth the savings. After years of going to WDW, this DC membership (which I have from a paid MKC membership) is certainly looking like a dissappointment. Hope this info can help someone.

FYI Room Rate: Yacht Club, standard view, 2 queen beds, $223.20 per night plus tax (20% off the $279 reg. rate plus tax) in July. Still hoping to convert to AP rate when they come out.undefined

Offsite - 1974,1975
Contemporary - 1982,1983
Port Orleans - 1993,1994
Wilderness Lodge - 1995
Yacht Club - 1996,1997,1998,1999,2000
yacht01.gif

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, GOING BACK ... WDW!

Thanks for the info Cindala. I wanted to point out to everyone that you DO NOT have to purchase the trip insurance with the Disney Club packages. The insurance is automatically added when the Cast Member quotes the price, but you can ask them to remove the insurance and they will.

The quotes I have received with the Disney Club versus room-only have been the same. You are not paying extra for the admissions to DWWoS. Not that I would use them, but at least I am not paying for them.

While you do have to pay for the balance of the package 21 days in advance, I believe the Disney Club has recently changed the cancellation policy for DC reservations. You can cancel your package up to 5 days in advance of your arrival without penalty. You may want to confirm this when you make your reservation.

It sounds like those people with AAA memberships have an advantage by being able to pay their remaining balance at check-in. I know that was much easier than having to keep track of a final payment date!

Good Luck!

ms.GIF

Tammy aka Kaa
Budget Board Co-Moderator
tammy@wdwinfo.com

I just tried to make a reservation through the CRO line, asking for a DC discount and they wouldn't do it. She transferred me to WDTC. Oh well...I tried. ;)

- Rhonda :-)
Camping Board Co-Moderator
rhonda@wdwinfo.com

You can't make DC reservations thru CRO, only WDTC. I made AAA reservations thru CRO.

Yes, you can still cancel 5 days out with DC, but I believe there is some penalty ($), especially if you don't have the travel insurance.

To me, the best advantage is just not having to pay everything up front. Maybe in time, with enough input from members, the DC will change their policy too. But for now, they are operating like most travel agents.

Offsite - 1974,1975
Contemporary - 1982,1983
Port Orleans - 1993,1994
Wilderness Lodge - 1995
Yacht Club - 1996,1997,1998,1999,2000
yacht01.gif

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT, GOING BACK ... WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter