Just Keep Swimming - March 31-April 7, 2013 - Closing Thoughts (Updated 5/17)

:sad: No, no, no, no, it's not "goodbye", it's "see ya real soon"!!!!! :thumbsup2

Ahhh YES !! You are right. See ya Real Soon !!! In 105 days to be exact !! Thanks !!

I'm late to the party as always been to busy to Dis much but its week pre trip and reading your TR's is one of my favorite ways to pass the last few days. Can't wait to get caught up!

For realz, girl !! Where you been ?? Hope you have a great trip !!!

Great pics :)

Thanks !! :banana::banana:

105 days til you go back, you're so lucky. I have like 195 days. :sad2: I may start going through Disney withdrawal.

That was a nice last day at the MK. A great way to end a trip by hitting some of the classics (and enjoying a dolewhip). Even if it wasn't exactly by design, I'm glad you caught the opening show at MK. Always one of my favorites!

On the way, I got some more photos of the Tangled bathrooms.
Belle gets a restaurant, Ariel gets a ride, Snow White gets a new rollercoaster, Rapunzel gets... restrooms... :rolleyes1

105 days til you go back, you're so lucky. I have like 195 days. :sad2: I may start going through Disney withdrawal.

I am already there !! Full on Disney withdrawal going on here !!

That was a nice last day at the MK. A great way to end a trip by hitting some of the classics (and enjoying a dolewhip). Even if it wasn't exactly by design, I'm glad you caught the opening show at MK. Always one of my favorites!

We had a good last day. Yes !! Love the opening show. Good Morning !! Good MORN-ing !!

Belle gets a restaurant, Ariel gets a ride, Snow White gets a new rollercoaster, Rapunzel gets... restrooms... :rolleyes1

Exactly !!! I like the new bathroom area. But yeah, she deserves better. Just sayin'.

Closing Thoughts

OK, fellow dissers. Time for the last post. The Closing Thoughts. I’ll break it down into the following sections:

• Spring Break Crowds
  • Weather
  • Dining
  • Resorts
  • Flower and Garden Festival
So, here goes:

Spring Break Crowds

I know everyone says to NEVER go during Spring Break. But I have to say, our best trips happen during that time. The kids are out of school, the weather is always lovely and we have always had a fantastic time. It is crowded ??? Yes. Yes, it is. Did the crowds bother us ?? Not really. Because we expected it to be crowded and therefore planned our trip around that. We hit rope drop and Early Magic Hours. Not every day, but every morning we planned a park day. If we went to a park later in the day, we expected long lines and therefore knew we wouldn’t get on the popular attractions if we didn’t want to wait in line longer than 30 minutes. Which we didn’t. So we just did what we could on those days knowing we would be back later in the week to hit the headliners we really wanted to see.

We used fast pass religiously. Anytime our window came to get another fast pass, we got one. And for the most part, we were done with what we wanted to do by about 1 or 2 PM. This gave us time to head back to rest and enjoy the resorts which are awesome. I would go again in April and in fact we plan on going again next year for Spring Break. We have been in September when the crowds were low and we were able to ride all rides with no fast pass. And that was great. But there is an energy that the crowds provide that make it more exciting. Especially, when you are winning the crowd war and getting everything done you want without waiting longer than 20 minutes.

Weather

I think weather plays a huge role in your vacation. I find the weather in April in Florida to be beautiful. Sometimes it is cooler, but I like that. Sometimes there is rain, but we worked around it and it didn’t bother us at all. Fortunately for us, it was never an all day event. Temps were lovely. The kids got to swim. And I got a sunburn anyway. We love Disney in April. We will be back during this time. With sunscreen.

Dining

I know some people don’t think it is a good value, but I love the Disney dining plan. We really make it work for us and I love its convenience. DH tends to be what I call a “bean counter” and tends to moan A LOT about how much everything costs. When it is all paid for in advance, he really loosens up and we have more fun because he is less grumpy. He does moan about tipping, though, so I can’t win.

Resorts

We were so pumped to be staying at Bay Lake Tower. And we absolutely loved it. All of it. Everything. I just can’t think of anything that I don’t like about it. We loved our room, the location, the staff …. Don’t have one complaint. I loved seeing the Electrical Water Parade every night, I loved hearing the whistle from the boat launch. I loved our spacious and comfortable, quiet room. I loved being a short walk away from Magic Kingdom. I can’t wait to go back.

Animal Kingdom Lodge. We love this place, too. We stayed here for the last two nights because we were running low on points and the AKL Jambo standard view rooms were the cheapest available. I expected a dumpster view or something but we lucked out and got a really great location. Just an elevator ride from the pool and the Mara. Yes, our location was excellent. Our room was the smallest DVC 1 BR room I have ever stayed in though. We liked our room at Kidani so much better. It was so much bigger. I agree that the location of our Jambo room was very convenient though. We were comfortable and happy there, but compared to Bay Lake Tower, our Jambo room was cramped and dark. I will definitely stay at Jambo again, but if I had the choice, I’d pick BLT over Jambo in a heartbeat.

Flower and Garden Festival

I just love the F&G. Everything is so lovely at Epcot and I just love all of the topiaries. The addition of the Food Booths this year was pure genius and this increased my love of F&G even more. We can’t wait to go back during this time. It was loverly.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone who has read along and especially those who stopped in to chat. I have enjoyed your company so much and I can’t wait until our next trip. Hopefully, I will see all of you on that trip report when gets going. Until then…….as daisymomof4 reminds me to say ..... See ya real soon !!!

Susan

I love seeing the pictures of the Tangled bathrooms. I can't believe I'm excited to see bathrooms in July!

Holy smokes lady, I'm reading through all the stuff on your last day, and you're like "and we rode this, and this, and this...." You guys really did a lot! But, you always have to make the last day worth it.

I agree, going during peak times isn't really a big deal if you expect the crowds and know how to use your time wisely.

Meh, you can never win with bean counters! My Dad is the same way. He always has something to say about the money spent. Womp womp.

I'll definitely see you on your next TR!

Loves reading your report. I agree about spring break. We went two years ago and got so much done before lunch. Unfortunately we couldn't do it again this year and are going in August instead, but we'll just deal with the heat.

Thanks for those closing thoughts added in to your fantastic TR! I really enjoyed it and I'm kind of chuffed you're going again before I do so I can read another one from you! (if you have the time to write it that is, lol.)

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

Holy cow, what a fantastic and productive last day at MK! You got so many rides done!
Excellent wrap up. I'm glad to hear you liked going during spring break! I am the bean counter in our family so I like the dining plan too (I just know that without it there would be a lot of "I'll just have the side salad..." :rotfl:)
I love hearing everyone's take on all the different resorts. There's always something for everyone out there!
I really enjoyed your TR, thanks so much for sharing your trip! If you write another one, I'll be there!

Great last morning at MK! It may have been spring break, but the crowds look so reasonable that morning.

Love your pictures and thanks for your final thoughts. What a wonderful family vacation! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Loved reading your TR! We went during Spring Break in 2012 and while it was crowded and SUPER hot due to a heat wave, we still had a wonderful time and managed to do and see everything we wanted to. Since we are used to the crowds and heat now we decided to go ahead and book for this June :) 4 weeks from today we leave for 8 glorious days at BWV-our first time staying on property and we are super excited! The NFL was still under construction on our last visit and we are really looking forward to seeing it. We may try to book a short Anniversary trip in Oct for just me and DH-it's our 10 year and I would love to spend it in our happy place. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences! You may have inspired me to write a TR-we'll see!

I agree with so many of your thoughts about spring break and Flower & Garden Festival. Being in Florida in the spring brings me back to life after a cold, gray winter. The colorful flowers are beautiful, and the palm trees just make me happy! I need my spring trips!

We're staying at Kidani for the last two nights of our summer trip. We've stayed at Jambo and visited Kidani several times, but never stayed there, so we're looking forward to checking another resort off the list. :thumbsup2

Hearing the boat whistles from BLT is a nice thing. We have a friend who puts a webcam out at Poly from their Hawaii room facing Magic Kingdom. I leave it running sometimes just to hear the sea gulls, the boat whistles, and the lucky vacationers walking by.

I love seeing the pictures of the Tangled bathrooms. I can't believe I'm excited to see bathrooms in July!

They really are cool. And it is a nice place to sit and rest. They have really cleared up that bottle neck area that used to happen there

Holy smokes lady, I'm reading through all the stuff on your last day, and you're like "and we rode this, and this, and this...." You guys really did a lot! But, you always have to make the last day worth it.

We have always had good luck with Sunday morning at MK. There never seems to be a huge crowd on those mornings.

I agree, going during peak times isn't really a big deal if you expect the crowds and know how to use your time wisely.

I love going during Spring Break and Thanksgiving. I never met a crowd I couldn't conquer at WDW !!!

Meh, you can never win with bean counters! My Dad is the same way. He always has something to say about the money spent. Womp womp.

Truth. You can never win with the bean counters Sigh.

I'll definitely see you on your next TR!

Yay !! I need to go catch up on yours !!

Loves reading your report. I agree about spring break. We went two years ago and got so much done before lunch. Unfortunately we couldn't do it again this year and are going in August instead, but we'll just deal with the heat.

The crowds just don't bother us much. It will be super hot in August. But it will still be fun. Just hit the parks in the morning, go back to the resort during the afternoon and rest and swim and then go back out at night. There is always a place to get inside and get some airconditioning. It will be great fun for you !!

Thanks for those closing thoughts added in to your fantastic TR! I really enjoyed it and I'm kind of chuffed you're going again before I do so I can read another one from you! (if you have the time to write it that is, lol.)

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

Thanks so much for reading and keepig me company. I will definitely do another one. I love to write a TR !! It is like living our vacation all over again. So fun!! See you then !!

Holy cow, what a fantastic and productive last day at MK! You got so many rides done!

We did have a sucesssful last day. There were a couple of thigs we missed, but for the most part we rode everything that morning.

Excellent wrap up. I'm glad to hear you liked going during spring break! I am the bean counter in our family so I like the dining plan too (I just know that without it there would be a lot of "I'll just have the side salad..." :rotfl:)

Bean counters ..... someone has to do it, I guess. :lmao: Before we got the dining plan, DH wouldn't even eat at all and it made me so mad. Now, he HAS to eat or it will be wasting money !! :lmao:

I love hearing everyone's take on all the different resorts. There's always something for everyone out there!
I really enjoyed your TR, thanks so much for sharing your trip! If you write another one, I'll be there!

We have loved staying at all of the different resorts. It really is hard to pick a favorite, but for now, BLT is the top of our list. Loved it there !!!

Great last morning at MK! It may have been spring break, but the crowds look so reasonable that morning.

Like I was telling Danielle, we have always had good luck on an early Sunday morning at MK. We did get a lot done !!

Love your pictures and thanks for your final thoughts. What a wonderful family vacation! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Thanks so much for reading and stopping in to chat. I have so enjoyed getting to know you better !!

Great report, Susan! Now when do you go back?! ;)

104 days baby !!! :yay::dance3:

Loved reading your TR! We went during Spring Break in 2012 and while it was crowded and SUPER hot due to a heat wave, we still had a wonderful time and managed to do and see everything we wanted to.

It is completely doable. I think the people who say they can't handle it just won't get up in the morning. Because that is the key when you are there during a busy time. You HAVE to set your alarm and get to the pakrs early.

Since we are used to the crowds and heat now we decided to go ahead and book for this June :) 4 weeks from today we leave for 8 glorious days at BWV-our first time staying on property and we are super excited!

We have been during June before a couple of times and we loved it !! We hit the water parks to cool off and the kids really enjoyed swimming at the resort. We LOVE the Boardwalk and so will you. The location is amazing and the resort is beautiful. So much to see and do. And your little ones will love the pool there.

The NFL was still under construction on our last visit and we are really looking forward to seeing it. We may try to book a short Anniversary trip in Oct for just me and DH-it's our 10 year and I would love to spend it in our happy place. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences! You may have inspired me to write a TR-we'll see!

NFL is so awesome. I can't wait until it is completely finished. That new coaster is going to be amazing !! I keep thinking that Dh and I should go down for a weekend, but we have so much fun as a family. The kids will be grown up soon enough and then hopefully, we can have the time to enjoy a trip with just the two of us.

DOLE WHIP COME TO MAMA.

DON’T LEAVE!!!! Ugh leaving is so awful. But not when you are with “the other people.”

Like always, LOVED the TR and now I want your next trip to come so I have more to read. :-)

I agree with so many of your thoughts about spring break and Flower & Garden Festival. Being in Florida in the spring brings me back to life after a cold, gray winter. The colorful flowers are beautiful, and the palm trees just make me happy! I need my spring trips!

We live in the south, so we get warmer sooner, but I agree that Florida in the Springtime is very fresh and beautiful. I never thought about it that way, but very true. It is a good escape from winter !!

We're staying at Kidani for the last two nights of our summer trip. We've stayed at Jambo and visited Kidani several times, but never stayed there, so we're looking forward to checking another resort off the list. :thumbsup2

I love Kidani. Our 1 BR was MUCH bigger and the resort itself was much quieter. It was kind of a pain to drive over to Jmbo for food. But I loved the pool at Kidani. If the kids are coming with you, they will love the splash area there !!

Hearing the boat whistles from BLT is a nice thing. We have a friend who puts a webcam out at Poly from their Hawaii room facing Magic Kingdom. I leave it running sometimes just to hear the sea gulls, the boat whistles, and the lucky vacationers walking by.

There is just something so happy about hearing the launch whistles. I loved sitting out on the balcony watching them go back and forth. The theme park view is ideal, but our lake view was pretty amazing.

DOLE WHIP COME TO MAMA.

For realz. I love those things !!

DON’T LEAVE!!!! Ugh leaving is so awful. But not when you are with “the other people.”

I know you guys have learned your lesson not to go to your happy place with the "others" ever again.

Like always, LOVED the TR and now I want your next trip to come so I have more to read. :-)

I want my next trip to come, too !! 104 more days !!

Great TR! Awww, last day is always soo sad. But looks like you got a ton of stuff done at the MK. After reading your closing thoughts, I would consider going at Spring Break. -Amanda

Great TR! Awww, last day is always soo sad. But looks like you got a ton of stuff done at the MK. After reading your closing thoughts, I would consider going at Spring Break. -Amanda

Thanks for reading Amanda !! It was nice to have you along again !! The key to going during the busy times is ROPE DROP and morning EMH. You get some much down in the morning and when the crowds hit, you can go back to your resort and enjoy what it has to offer. This is what always works for us. We really had a great trip !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!