Just Home from a 2 week Disney trip

RZphilly

Earning My Ears
Where do I begin??? Stayed at OKW 1 bedroom Villa.... Definitely loved this place . Comfortable,spacious , and just felt really comfortable. Staff were friendly and very welcoming. Now we were located very close to hospitality house so it made the trip with all the amenities on offer for the family . I could see the size of this place being difficult if you did happen to get a villa or studio a long way from the hospitality house . I would rate OKW highly and will be back next year . Boat to Disney springs is a nice added touch as well.
The Parks.... HS is going through a lot of changes and was quite enjoyable. The symphony in The stars Fireworks are top notch . Best on Disney property ! Being a big Star Wars fan I had booked the dessert party for the fireworks and thought it was great . Dined at Hollywood and Vine and 50's prime time cafe for dinner on 2 different evenings and the food was very good quality. Had a quick service lunch at the Backlot express . The Royal Guard burger is just Yum! Star tours and Hollywood tower of terror brilliant as always.
Epcot definitely needs something! The future worlds are just becoming so dated . The land and universe of energy are relics and need to be invested in. I'm all for educational stuff and teaching our kids about stuff like this but it needs to be brought up too Disney standard. The Ellen movie even looks so dated it's a joke! Mission Space is good and Test track is brilliant . The Pixar short movies are just a fill in and is well done. It's a shame to see horizons shuttered and journey into imagination looking dated as well . The living sea looks old and tired. The aquarium section looks dirty and empty compared to SW and other aquarium exhibits . Love world showcase and always enjoy strolling around through the different pavilions . Dined at Teppan ado in Japan 5star , Via Napoli in Italy 5 star and Biergarden in Germany 5 star . The Garden Grill at the Land Pavillion was a really good Meal as well for dinner
Animal Kingdom is a very nice park that will have an awful lot more draw when the rivers of light show is completed and parts of the Avatar land come on stream next year . Kilimanjaro Safari is great , Expedition Everest is a great draw as were the animals obviously. Tough to be a bug , dinosaur and primeval whirl are the other good ones for the kids . Had Quick service meals for lunch at pizzafari and Restaurantosaurus and both were good quality .
MK is great as always but it's under severe pressure from a crowds point of view! It's just too damn busy! My real con for the whole Disney experience .... The MK is getting the crowds all day , everyday . The other parks are lagging the full day draw so no matter what strategy to employ to try to maximise your value with the MK it just doesn't work . It's just busy all the time and you can't enjoy it as much as you could before. The fast pass just doesn't work either.... You book your three in advance , use them and want to book more at a kiosk and nothing is left! Or the line for fast pass is just as long as stand by in some cases. Even the Extra Magic hours are frustrating because between so many people staying on property and with people staying off property trying to get onto rides and being turned away and holding up lines . Don't get me wrong it's Disney and I love everything about the place . We had a great time and had 14 days too do it so we got to do everything we wanted more then once . But if we were there for a 5/7 day trip like we have in the past it would be quite nerve racking . Meals in the MK quick service Cosmic Rays starlight cafe always a great spot! Be our Guest for Valentines dinner was fabulous ! Sleepy Hollow waffles and funnel cake were great . The Cinderella Royal table for breakfast one morning was good but not worth 2 dining points each . Won't be doing that again!
Dining out of the parks .... Had breakfast at Kona in the Poly . WOW ! Fabulous coffee and Tonga Toast . Whispering Canyon cafe for Dinner and Breakfast was fantastic . Chef Mickeys at the Contemporary for Breakfast was top Notch ! Boma at the AKL was very good for Dinner . Rainforest Cafe at Disney springs was very enjoyable . And Trattoria al Forno at the Boardwalk was just wonderful .
No problems to report with the Magic Bands ! Worked very well and found them to be really convenient for purchasing and using around the parks and resort. Memory maker was a great little add on that was included in our package . Don't know if I would have paid for it as an add on .... But we got some funny candid moments with it . Most enjoyable trip and sold my kids and Us on coming back next year . I just think Disney really needs to get moving on adding some stuff to the other parks to take the burden off of the MK and too keep up with Universal and all the other stuff going on in the Orlando area . One quick note if your going to Orlando Do NOT !!!! And I mean DO NOT Miss Discovery Cove ! This place is amazing and so worth the price of admission . The food , Ambiance , experience , and Staff just Top Class! One of Many Highlights of our trip .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter