Just for fun - best and worst meal you had at WDW

Best-California Grill. Ordered the wagyu beef strip loin and it was the best prepared cut of meat I've ever put in my face!

Worst-50's Prime Time. I just don't get the draw to this place. I can get meat and three style dinners in my home town better than this!

Best: A tie: Yak and Yeti (teriyaki beef or chicken, good apps, great service, fun view when seated upstairs) and Kona Cafe (salmon cooked perfectly, drinks were yummy, and chef was very helpful with food allergy issue)

Worst: Also a tie: Artist Point last month (salmon was rare when I'd asked for it to be cooked through, DH's beef filet was full of gristle, roasted veggies were almost raw and needed a steak knife to cut them, waiter disappeared after delivering food, cobbler was good though) and Hollywood and Vine for dinner a few years ago (food was cold, just nasty).

Also good: the old Dole Whip with vanilla and pineapple soft serve. ::yes::

We had a very special evening at Narccoossee's. The view was right; the food was right; the service was right. I have very fond memories of that evening.
Second would be BOG. We had a great experience there, too. We seemed to order all the right things and our server was lovely. Very special.

Edit to add that I just noticed I'm supposed to put the worst down, too. I've never had anything that was really bad. Some are just extra wonderful.

Best January 2016: Trattoria al Forno, everything here was delicious, app, entree and especially desserts and press pot of coffee! Fabulous

Worst Ever: Biergarten, yuck! (Liked the show-but not enough to make up for yucky, cafeteria food-much worst than any other WDW buffet we have been to)

Best: I just super love Yachtsman Steakhouse. We have had so many celebration dinners there (Valentines Day, birthdays, anniversaries, finishing a marathon, being pregnant...) and have wonderful memories of them all. And the food is so, so, so good! It is our place we love to splurge at Disney!

Worst: The counter service restaurant in Dino Land at AK. I believe it's called Restaurantosaurus? DH's burger was undercooked, dry, bland. My salad was wet and wilted. However, it worked out great: we dumped our food and tried Flame Tree for the first time. That's our new AK standby!

Best was Narcoossee with a view of Holiday Wishes. Kids were enthralled and everyone loved everything we ate. Service was the perfect balance of impeccable yet comfortable!

Worst was Tusker house dinner. Very limited selection and most just plain tasted bad. And we don't mind different styles of food--really enjoyed Boma and Sanaa, but left Tusker House hungry. Service and character interaction were equally disappointing.

Best: Boma Breakfast! We loved it so much that we booked another last minute reservation for just before we were leaving to go back home! Lol we are hoping to go twice once again on our September trip this year! :)

Worst: Rainforest Café at Disney Springs (dinner). It was a Saturday night, a few hours after we had arrived. We had a reservation, but still had to wait an extra 30 minutes or so. It was insanely packed (they were telling walk ups that the wait would be 3 hours)! Plus, we were also not feeling well at all. So once the mediocre meal came, we were just not impressed and did not eat much of it. Will never go there on a Saturday night again! Lesson learned! lol

Wow Tough Choice!
In all of my 14 trips to WDW I have had many, many awesome meals.
Have to say my Best overall was definitely Victoria & Albert's.
The many signature dinners I have had, were phenomenal too.

Worst meal, I have to say most quick service (except Flame Tree BBQ in AK & Yorkshire Fish shop in Epcot like them both)
Personal preference is Table service.

This last trip in December...best meal was at Morimoto Asia...Disney Springs.

Last edited:
Tough call...

Best: The schnitzel at Raglan Road...the bacon & eggs app at The Wave...Biergarten any day of the week, Boma any day of the week...our whole experience at Cali Grill (before rehab)

Worst: OHANA. Just disappointing in every possible way. The macaroni gratin at Chefs de France...the steak at Sci-Fi...

Best - Sanaa dinner. We got there early and had a fun time watching the animals while waiting on our table. The bread service was delicious! I could make a whole meal out of just that. The entrees were also really tasty.

Worst - Kona Cafe dinner. I really don't get the love for this place. To me, it looks like a typical hotel restaurant and the food was unimpressive. Our poor server tried his best but was clearly stretched between too many tables. Just not a good experience all around.

Best: CRT which was a complete surprise. I was expecting so/so since you're playing for entertainment and location but the food we had at lunch was very good. Tusker House is a close second.

Worst: Crystal Palace dinner. Cold, congealed food, few kids options, poor service, and rude character friends. It was terrible.

Referring only to most recent trip -- hard to choose only one best, but it would be Captain's Grille or Tusker House.

Thankfully none of the food was bad on my most recent trip, but I was disappointed by the food at Boathouse, which I considered to be just OK but not great. If I were to include previous trips, I had the same disappointment with BOG lunch.

Best: T-Rex Dinner. I'm a big dinosaur fan and our waitress was incredible. The food wasn't spectacular, but it was good. It was just a really fun meal.

Worst: Boatwright's. The food was fine, but we had a terrible server who was bad enough to not make me want to go back ever again.

Best: Ohana -- We hated it the first time in 2011... went back again & it was hands down the best meal we've had. Will be returning on every upcoming trip.

Worst: BOG dinner. --LOVE lunch. Dinner was absolutely terrible. I had the steak.. assuming you can't really go wrong with a steak.. BOG did LOL. Will never return for dinner there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter