• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just booked our WDW trip! How would you section out your 7 days in the parks?

Now we have found out that my parents, my brother, his wife, and their almost two year old son (at the time) will be going along with us. We don't plan to stay together for every minute of the day, but this will affect my plan some...

Try to plan everyone in on the same schedule. If you do a lot of meeting back up, there is a lot of waiting around doing nothing involved. People get back in the group and they want to do things like eat or bathroom or do attractions you were already on.

It all depends on how hardcore you want to go with your touring...commando style or relaxed. My family is pretty relaxed about our plan, but we go all day/full days and love it! For our next trip, we are planning:
Day 1/Arrival: Epcot, end day at MK (My kids, 14 and 11, aren't huge Epcot fans)
Day 2: AK
Day 3 & 4: Universal both days, probably have a break with some pool time thrown in there as well.
Day 5: HS
Day 6: MK
Day 7: Discovery Cove

Obviously we have some other parks and things on our agenda, but realistically, if we weren't going to Universal, those days would probably be a rest day and another MK day.

Happy travels!!

It really depends on your family. I know at that age my kids favorite park was DHS and it still is their favorite park.

I'm also one of those that disagrees with full rest days for my family. We did it when they were very young and we liked it because it gave us a break from strollers, diaper bags, etc. We would just sleep in, do the pool most of the day and a nice dinner. It was more of a break for the parents. Once the kids hit 5 they were done with full rest days (and strollers!). The one time after that I put in an entire rest day they were complaining by 4 pm. They wanted to be in a park. (We are Disney Springs people so that's really not an option)

If I were you I would add a day of tickets for arrival day. With FP+ it's really worth it IMO. I would hit MK that day and get Wishes out of the way. Then after that I would break it up with hoppers and midday breaks at the pool (my kids love midday breaks at the pool!) by doing 2 full days at MK and 1.5 days each at Epcot, AK and DHS. Then departure day can be whatever park you guys decide. With TSL we did DHS on departure day and got another FP for SDD.

As for family going now, I would tell them what I'm booking and let them decide if they want to book the same rides and days as me.

We like to start and end in MK. In long enough trips, we add a day in the middle. On our upcoming Spring Break Trip we are planning:MK, HS, AK, Epcot, MK,HS, MK. We don’t have hoppers or I might have done the mid week MK as half a day and another half day in Epcot. And maybe done the 2nd HS day as a half day with AK. My kids unanimously voted on 2 days in HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter