Just back...with reviews

themudd4

DIS Veteran
I had almost finished my very long and detailed reviews from our trip when my ISP lost the connection and with it...my review. So, I still would like to share with you all but I dont want to retype everything so this is the condensed version.

All meals included myself, DH, DD12, & DS6.
We were on the DDP but paid OOP for some meals as well.
Prices are rounded up to the nearest dollar & include tax and a 15-18% tip.

Sat. 6/10/06
Lunch: Sci Fi Dine in Theater ($65 OOP)
I think the thrill has worn off. The food was just "alright" and the prices seemed higher than ever especially for what you got. Not saying we wont go back, but probably will not make it a must in the future.

Dinner: 50's Prime Time Cafe ($131 DDP)
Loved it as always. Cousin Lorriane was great. The family members at the table next to us were from Japan, and they were making a documentary/commerical in hopes to open a similar one there. The food good, and I loved the fried herb cheese. Still one of our favorite meals with our family and I am sure we will be back next time were there.

Sun. 6/11/06
Breakfast: Donald's Restaurantosarus ($85 OOP)
Waiter was great, characters were quick in getting to us, Food was pretty good...I have no complaints. We'll be back!

Lunch: Got caught in a down poor so just hit the nearest little stand for hot dogs, chips, and drinks.

Dinner: Chef Mickey's ($121 DDP)
Well, I have mixed reviews here. First we checked in and were told about 15 minutes...no problem. We were given a pager, I had a phone call I had to make anyway so that worked out. Well 30 minutes later nothing, so I went up to the desk to see what was going on, the manager seemed upset that we had been over looked and took me directly to a table. The food was so so, and our waiter was well, seldom seen, but I guess with a buffet you dont need them as often. The caracters were slow in getting around. We ended up leaving before we even got to see them all.

Mon. 6/12/06
Tropical storm Alberto starting moving in, so we let the weather help play a role in planing our unscheduled meals.

Breakfast: Cotton Mill Food Court ($33 DDP)
It was food court food...you kind of already know what to expect. It was good, but not gourmet.

Lunch: Liberty Inn ($49 DDP)
burgers and chicken strips all around. Desserts were really good and we were able to eat inside and wait out a uproar of the storm.

Dinner: Garden Grill ($135 DDP)
I loved the pork, DH loved the steak, kids liked the caracters and they were good. I thought we were going to have to take Chip home with us since he basically was there with us from beginning to end. Waitress was good and so was the food. I would like to see them do something different with the desserts though. You get a sampler of desserts, which is nice unless you have 3 people all wanting more of the same thing.

Tuesday 6/13/06
Breakfast: Crystal Palace ($85 DDP)
Best breakfast we ate while we were there. Characters were great, waitress was too.

Lunch: Cotton Mill food court ($52 DDP)
RAIN RAIN GO AWAY! We were so wet we went ahead and came back to the hotel to change shoes and thought it easier to go ahead and eat at the resort than fight the crowds trying to all get into a inside resturant.

Dinner: Surprise...Cotton Mill Food Court ($48 DDP)
Called it a night early to get out of the weather.

Wednesday 6/14/06
Breakfast: Boatwrights ($50 OOP)
Food was pretty good, waitress was S L O W as can be though.

Lunch: Casey's Corner ($45 DDP)
Was a perfect lunch for the day...we were even able to catch a little of cinderellabration from our seats outside.

Dinner: O Hana ($127 DDP) "Plus $11 for a backscratcher:drinking1 ...and after drinking half of it, not sure I even felt my back".
Loved the atmosphere... I loved the food, DH & DS6 was alright with it...DD12 was being a bit on the picky side and not sure if she liked anything...but that is just her sometimes.

Breakfast: Main Street Bakery ($25 OOP)
Everything was really good. will try it again for breakfast.

Lunch: Cotton Mill F.C. ($39 DDP) & ($4 OOP)
We were going back to the resort for mid day break, and was just easier to eat lunch while we were there.

Dinner: Whispering Canyon Cafe ($144 DDP)
We about made ourselves sick laughing so hard and eating so much. My DH says this is his favorite now...I loved it too, even though our waitress "Head of lettuce" tried to get me to take over her shifts for her next week. It took a while for the kids to get into the fun but they finally did. Our Picky DD12 was a little on edge and our waitress was so great...DD asked for a refill, & was told "no". She was shocked, so she said "please?" The waitress agreed and said, "alright, come on" Had her get up and go get it herself. As funny as that was, the guy from the table next to us had about half a glass too, so she had our DD take his and refill it while whe was up. The look on her face...that alone was worth going there for.

Friday 6/16/06
Breakfast: Need I say it...Cotton Mill F.C. ($25 OOP) & ($9 DDP)

Lunch: We kinda skipped lunch, Just snacked...and I wanted to try a turkey Leg so we got one and 4 of us shared it.

Dinner: Cape May Cafe ($112 DDP)
We all loved it...even our picky DD12. No complaints about the food at all. Waiter was not very good, but the food made up for it. We will be back I am sure!!!

Saturday 6/17/06
Breakfast: Just one last time on our way out...Cotton Mill F.C. ($36 DDP)
I think I am going to turn into a choc chip pancake...lol

Well there ya go...If anyone wants more specifics just let me know. I will try and answer what I can.

Thanks for the reviews. I hate it when I type something out and it gets lost when the computer malfunctions! Thanks for taking the time to type it again.

I learned the hard way about losing reviews before - I got a server error and it never came back! Now I type it into a Word document before copying it into the board and hitting submit. Course who would have known your ISP would give out! I know how frustrating it is!

Thanks for the reviews! Sounds like you had some great experiences =)

Great reviews! SOunds like you had a good time.. Hope the storm didnt keep you out of the parks too much...

Hi there,
I once erased a whole research paper, by mistake, back in college, when computers were relatively new. Oh no, did I just give my age away? The second version of the paper was even better... even though it took me the rest of the night.

I enjoyed your reviews. I especially liked the fact that you kept tabs on the cost of all the food. You must be very organized! Thanks

Meg

Wafflestoo said:
I enjoyed your reviews. I especially liked the fact that you kept tabs on the cost of all the food. You must be very organized! Thanks
Meg

Not really, but this year I just kept all my reciepts to see where we really spend our vacation money at, and trying to see if it was worth it for us to use the DDP again or not...
BTW...we will ALWAYS take the DDP option if it is available.

Was so glad to hear good reviews on Donalds Breakfast, Garden , Liberty Tree and Crystal Palace as they are on our to do list, The character interaction is of foremost importance, we're used to buffet food as it works best for us so I'M SURE IT WILLBE FINE. and I agree about service at a buffat what do you need unless they bring the drinks!

themudd4 said:
"Plus $11 for a backscratcher:drinking1 ...and after drinking half of it, not sure I even felt my back".

:lmao: OMG I'm gonna totally have my boyfriend order that drink!

english rose 47 said:
Was so glad to hear good reviews on Donalds Breakfast, Garden , Liberty Tree and Crystal Palace as they are on our to do list, The character interaction is of foremost importance, we're used to buffet food as it works best for us so I'M SURE IT WILLBE FINE. and I agree about service at a buffat what do you need unless they bring the drinks!

Not Liberty Tree...Liberty Inn (it is a counter service resturant in Epcot world show case "America"). But we have done Liberty tree before and liked it well enough.

Thanks for the reviews. We have a couple on our list in a couple of weeks. If you don't mind me asking what is the Backscratcher you had at O? What kind of drink is it?

themudd4 said:
Our Picky DD12 was a little on edge and our waitress was so great...DD asked for a refill, & was told "no". She was shocked, so she said "please?" The waitress agreed and said, "alright, come on" Had her get up and go get it herself. As funny as that was, the guy from the table next to us had about half a glass too, so she had our DD take his and refill it while whe was up.

That is too funny!! :rotfl:

disneygirlatheart said:
Thanks for the reviews. We have a couple on our list in a couple of weeks. If you don't mind me asking what is the Backscratcher you had at O? What kind of drink is it?

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Backscratcher - Made with light and dark rum, passion fruit juice and topped with Jack Daniel's and a bamboo backscratcher $8.75 (per allearsnet)[/font]

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for taking the time to re-type them.

disneygirlatheart said:

I wish I would have had my camera...forgot it in the room.
It was a mix of light and dark rum...orange juice, and I think pineapple juice. VERY STRONG. Had a slice of orange on it...and a huge backscratcher in it.

themudd4 said:
Not Liberty Tree...Liberty Inn (it is a counter service resturant in Epcot world show case "America"). But we have done Liberty tree before and liked it well enough.
Thanks .. We were thinking of Liberty Tree for lunch or Electric Umbrellaat Epcot. Any ssuggestions!! Also A.K. having a hard time with counter service dont really want Mickey D. but the family isn't really very adventurous. Any thoughts? :wave: :cool1: :joker: :lovestruc :hippie:

english rose 47 said:
Thanks .. We were thinking of Liberty Tree for lunch or Electric Umbrellaat Epcot. Any ssuggestions!! Also A.K. having a hard time with counter service dont really want Mickey D. but the family isn't really very adventurous. Any thoughts? :wave: :cool1: :joker: :lovestruc :hippie:

Liberty Inn and Electric Umbrella are about the same, so I think either would be fine...They are on opposite sides of the park so I guess it just depends on where you are at the time.

For Counter Service @ AK...and your family donesn't like to be adventurous...How about Pizza @ Pizzafari or BBQ @ Flame Tree BBQ. But don't rule out McDonalds...Those fries called out to us more than once to snack on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter