Just back; short observations and strategies

What a great report! Glad to know you were let in so early for your ADR; we have an ADR at Crystal Palace at 8:10 so hoping that they will let us in at least at 7:45 to get empty park pictures.

Wonderful report. Honest and encouraging! I still get bummed at the thought of rain. Any suggestions or tips on places to go or things to do?

Wonderful report. Honest and encouraging! I still get bummed at the thought of rain. Any suggestions or tips on places to go or things to do?

Our plan was always to see when they predicted the rain was coming and at minimum make sure we carried our gear with us during that time. Also, we got used to it starting in the late afternoon or evening, so would plan a food break during that time, and also pick a ride where you are inside for longer (for example Soarin). I will say that it does depend on the rain type; if it is drizzling you don't even really need rain gear (and, they were even running the mine train in the drizzle), if it is pouring, all the rain gear in the world won't keep your feet and legs dry, so I planned to carry my flip flop crocs so I could dry off quickly. Truly I was really upset before my trip, and it turned out fine.

What a great report! Glad to know you were let in so early for your ADR; we have an ADR at Crystal Palace at 8:10 so hoping that they will let us in at least at 7:45 to get empty park pictures.

You will definitely get in with the first wave. What they do is let you in the gate, and then line you up behind a rope with all the other early ADR peeps, then let you in as a mini-herd. The mini-herd quickly spreads out on Mainstreet and you can get neat pics, and we did take advantage of the photopass photographers, esp. the one by the "friends" statue.

Great report! I am glad you had a fun trip!

What areas of the park are you allowed into early if you have breakfast at BOG?

They keep you herded in the direction of the restaurants, so Mainstreet toward Crystal Palace and toward the Castle to head to BoG. When you are done eating, Fantasyland seems to be the limit as far as rides (everyone tends to head right to Dwarves).

Last edited:
In regards to rain and the summer, it's probable but not a given.
We went for 9 days last year, end of July, first of Aug. It only rained 2 of those days. The rest there wasn't a cloud in the sky so it wasn't that it rained somewhere, just not in our part of Disney. It didn't rain in any of the parks on those days. I admit that was unusual and most of the time there are pop up showers. Just mentioning they are not a given, even in FL.

Just don a poncho and go. Wear shoes that can handle wet pavement (ie, not flip flops). Keens or other sport sandals are perfect to handle the rain.

1) Crowds on July 5th and 6th were a shock to me. There weren't really any. It was more sparse than I have experienced on my "off season" trips in the past 2 years. Now, on the 7th and 8th it picked up for sure and the crowds were thicker.

Hi--we just got back yesterday from a 10-day trip, and I couldn't agree more about the crowds.

I'm working up the courage to write my first-ever trip report, so I thought I'd ease into it by looking at completed just-back reports. We stayed at AoA and did RD at any park with morning EMH. The parks were amazing! Just enough people to make it fun but not so many that you couldn't walk down the streets or get your favorite snacks (in fact, we had the Writer's Stop all to ourselves at 10 am, after three trips with Star Tours, and I had the freshest carrot cake cookie ever).

We rode our favorite rides two and three times each morning--sat right there in the train on BTM and went round, and round, and round again!

I enjoyed reading the rest of your post--had to smile about the rain. We were back at the resort most days by the time those terrifying thunderstorms came through, but we really enjoyed them from behind the 40-foot-high Ursula - - from the fourth floor balcony behind her, it almost looked like she was the one whipping them up!

Thanks for sharing. You were dead on!

We are heading down in August. Can't wait for Pandora. I have been saving for months and working an extra part time job so I can get all the charms I'd like to have. I'm hoping the new fall line is out by the end of August. Getting super excited up here in Michigan. Under the 45 day mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter