Just back - How we maximized the DDP

Roobear77

Mouseketeer
We are back from a quick 4 night trip with the DDP. We had 4 character meals booked (1 dinner, 3 late breakfasts). We had "free" dining, and we like to play a game to see how much value we can get out of the plan without changing our eating habits. My DH is a big eater, I am not, my ODD (7) eats more than me and my YDD (5) is hit and miss.

The ability to swap out the drink and dessert on the QS meals came in handy. For example, we arrived at the resort aroun 2 pm, and we were hungry, but had a TS dinner for 5pm. We ordered an adults chicken nuggets with fries, swapped out the drink and dessert for a smuckers uncrustable and a 1/2 pint package of raspberries. We shared it all and it was perfect. Loved that the package of raspberries or apples with caramel sauce is considered a snack. Another night my husband and I each ordered a meal, swapped out for 2 uncrustables (my girls were obsessed with these, quite the novelty for them!) and a package of pineapple and another of raspberries. The only place I saw the uncrustables alone as a snack item was at the resort QS. Morning that we left we ordered two breakfast platters and swapped out for a smoothie for me and a cereal and milk for YDD. 2 credits fed all 4 of us. We did too good of a job, and ended up with 2 extra QS credits so I swapped them out for sandwichs and fruit for the kids to eat at the airport.

I enjoy the plan. Would I get it if it wasn't free? Probably as long as my oldest is still a disney kid and we still enjoy character meals, for us it is worth it.

Good job! I love the Dining Plan (when its free!!!) and don't find it restrictive at all. Creativity such as you demonstrated is the key!!!

We are using free dining for the first time next summer. I love seeing these hints! We have always paid out of pocket for food. I'm curious to see how we like it.

Where were you staying? My kids love pineapple and raspberries and I'd love to spend snack credits on those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter