Just back from Windsor Hills!

mrsklamc

<font color=blue>I apologize in advance, but what
Any questions? We stayed with www.5mins2disney.com and it was absolutely fabulous. Not once did anyone try to get us to "buy in," everything was new, clean, and wonderful!

The decor is perfect- themed, but not cheesy. What I loved most was the attention to the details by this particular homeowner--for example, plush pool towels with popular disney characters for the kids, not cheap, thin, generic ones- and non-cartoon towels with the same lush feel for adults. Same goes for the sheets, etc.

I debated bringing things like dish soap, paper towels, laundry soap...my advice is to wait and see what you need. I thought the sundry shop might be overpriced but I bought a small bottle of laundry soap for $2 and I thought that was worth not hauling it in my suitcase.

It really does only take 5 minutes to get to the parking lot of pretty much any disney park-- let me know if you have any other questions!

Any questions? We stayed with www.5mins2disney.com and it was absolutely fabulous. Not once did anyone try to get us to "buy in," everything was new, clean, and wonderful!

The decor is perfect- themed, but not cheesy. What I loved most was the attention to the details by this particular homeowner--for example, plush pool towels with popular disney characters for the kids, not cheap, thin, generic ones- and non-cartoon towels with the same lush feel for adults. Same goes for the sheets, etc.

I debated bringing things like dish soap, paper towels, laundry soap...my advice is to wait and see what you need. I thought the sundry shop might be overpriced but I bought a small bottle of laundry soap for $2 and I thought that was worth not hauling it in my suitcase.

It really does only take 5 minutes to get to the parking lot of pretty much any disney park-- let me know if you have any other questions!

On a complete whim, (maybe having to do with the 6 degree temps and foot of snow here in Maine this weekend. ;)) we bought plane tix and booked a villa at Windsor Hills in the last 24 hours, so I am glad to hear of your great experience. You ought to write a review on the review board if you have not already.

How were the common facilities? Crowded? Sedate? How was the staff there?

Thanks!

Gosh, I'm blind! I didn't know there WAS a review board! I will do that!

It was not crowded at all; at most, there were one or two other families at the pool at a time- and it's HUGE! We did not make use of the movie theater, although there is plenty of seating. We did play pool, and there was no one else in the game room at the time.

Our interactions with the staff were all great. Our first night we checked in at the gatehouse on the way in, it was fast and friendly. The next day I checked out the access key for the pool and games, which does have a $6 deposit, of course returned at the end of your stay. This was quick and friendly as well. It is in the sales office, but no one tried to sell me anything. We made a couple of purchases in the sundry shop as well as checking out the pool equipment, no complaints then either. When I returned the key they asked if I had a pleasant stay and told me to have a safe trip, no sales at all.

The guard gate is staffed 24/7 and they are very fast at checking to make sure your pass is current and letting you in.

Make sure you have the Sherbeth road directions to the park!
Have a great time!

Did you use the small wading pool behind the condo? If so, was it warm enough? Also, how about the big pool, warm enough?

That's hard to say because everyone's definition of 'enough' varies :) The water itself wasn't too bad but getting out was a bit chilly in the evening. I stayed out of the splash pool in the evening (we didn't have it heated) but I'm sure it would have been great during the day. The big pool is heated but it was still a bit chilly in the evening- my solution to this was the hot tub though. It is very near the main pool and kept at 104 degrees.
I don't like to be cold, but the unheated splash pool didn't scare out my niece nephew or husband. Personally if I were going to do it again, and planned on swimming a lot in January, I'd probably spring for the heat.

Thanks. I am looking at May but my experience even then is that the water is cool.

Maybe being from the south, we just don't "do" cold water.

Thanks for the review. We are deciding on Windsor hills for our next trip. We just have to pick dates.:)

Thanks for posting your experience with 5Mins2Disney. We are considering going with them this time instead of a house. Do you get much noise through the common wall from the townhouse next door?

We got none at all through the actual wall. They were out on the lawn the first night being a bit loud, and we could hear them when we were in the front bedroom, but I'd imagine that's an exception. There's no real reason to BE on the front lawn...no seating or anything, and most of the front lawn is driveway.

I also forgot to post that the homeowner is incredibly helpful. We arrived at night and the lights were all on, which I never would have thought of but is SO nice entering a new house at night. The gatehouse must have called him when we checked in as well, because he called to make sure everything was ok and see if we needed anything else.

Thanks Micayla, glad you guys had a great time! I'm sitting here in the townhome myself right now connected to WiFi checking in on the DIS! We watched the Bears game on the 50" plasma in HD, awesome, and you can even sit in the pool with the triple sliding glass doors open and watch the game while in total comfort, it's pretty sweet here my friends are here with me, and they're lovin the house so much they don't want to leave here! LOL

We golfed Mystic Dunes so far next door, and have been to Epcot, California Grill, and House of Blues and Pleasure Island, it's just so awesome here, the weather has been just perfect, 80 every day maybe 65 at night, and I'm just loving it here as usual! Mystic Dunes is packed with people showing up to see timeshare presentations.

We had a chance to go in and see our townhome #2 yesterday in person for the first time, pretty cool, it's going to be redecorated / upgraded shortly anyhow, but we just closed on it and hadn't actually been in it yet, and then guests arrived for a week shortly after we "toured". I've decided everyone should go buy themselves a 50" HD plasma...they're just a thing of beauty! LOL

The resort itself seemed a lot busier last time than when I was here last in Sept, last night in the WHR Townhomes at least it seemed like there were cars parked in front of every single home nearly, which is a good thing!

- George

What is the best and cheapest way to book this resort? Also, can you tell me about the pool area? I know you said they have waterslides but do they have other activities near the pool? We tend to stay at our resort for a day or two each time we come and that is an important factor for us. Are these located on International Drive? Thanks!

Visit the Windsor Hills Resort website, www.windsorhillsrent.com to book directly from the owners in the resort!

Sitting here in our townhome writing this on our last morning here, I don't want to leave it's so nice here.

We looked at some new townhomes with a realtor across the street yesterday, went in to about 4, right across the street from where we're staying. The furnished ones were actually all fairly high end in terms of furniture and decorating, all were tiled (this is a WHR upgrade), all had "standard" TVs (not plasmas / flat screens). The last one we looked at was the best price, least expensive in the resort, but all of the cheap furniture would need to be disposed of and completely redone, etc, at least it already had tile. Now we just need to decide whether or not we want another townhome project, hmm...

What is the best and cheapest way to book this resort? Also, can you tell me about the pool area? I know you said they have waterslides but do they have other activities near the pool? We tend to stay at our resort for a day or two each time we come and that is an important factor for us. Are these located on International Drive? Thanks!

I rented directly through 5mins2disney.com but I think you can also send an inquiry to all the homeowners through windsorhillsrents.com

There is one big waterslide, and also near the pool area is the hot tub and they have some of those fountains that shoot straight out of the sidewalk like at epcot.. kids were really enjoying those. Also right next to the pool is outdoor pingpong, the billards room and the theater.

We are renting directly from owners and getting a 6 bedroom home in Windsor Hills the first 2 weeks of March. She gave it to use for $2400 all included (even pool heat and barbecue)! Have a look at floridashaven.com. Looks nice.

We are going in February - can't wait! Are there any good restaurants close to Windsor Hills that you would recommend? Is there a grocery store nearby?

You'll be just down the road from 192 which has EVERYTHING. We cooked most of our meals w/ groceries from a grocery store just down the street- I can't remember if it was Publix or Goodings. It was a bit more expensive than say wal-mart but still cheaper than eating out. There was every fast food place you can think of, plus a golden corral and some other buffet places. My husband had this very helpful hint. If you go to maps.google.com you can put in the zip code- which for WH is 34747- and, say "wal-mart' or 'walgreens' or 'taco bell' and it will show you all the nearest ones!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter