• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from OKW - Any questions?

angels05

Earning My Ears
We just returned Sunday night from a wonderful week in Disney staying at OKW. Would be happy to answer any questions. :earsboy:

I'd love to know specifically which room? Also, did you ever eat at Good's to Go? If so, did you have a sandwich, and if so, what did you think of the oatmeal/wheat-type bun? I loved it, but I was wondering how others reacted to it. I love the fact that when we got a sandwich, all the ingredients came seperate, then we could get a paper bag, take it all back to our villa, and assemble it there.

We were in room 4530. We never had a chance to try Good's but we did eat at Olivia's. The burgers and sandwiches were huge!! This was the first time we stayed at OKW and we really loved it.

We're trying our home resort of OKW for the first time in Jan, i've read lots of mixed reports so we've only booked for 4 nights in the middle of our trip to try it out, the resort looks beautiful but how were the rooms, service etc. Glad you had a great time.

The rooms were very nice. We had 2 bedrooms. There was plenty of room for my family of 6. It was also nice to have two full-size bathrooms. It was very quiet, which we liked after spending the days at the parks. We had trash & towel service only once during the week, and the furniture on the balcony was a bit dirty. Other than these minor things, we absolutely LOVED OKW. I would go back there in a heartbeat! Hope this answers some of your questions.

How were the crowds at Olivia's? We noticed last month that at breakfast they were packed!!! I think the secret about Olivia's is out! Just curious - I was really amazed - but not surprised - we love it there! OKW rocks!

Building 45 is one of the canal buildings, so have a great view, but are a bit of a hike to the bus stop and pool. We loved the views there as well. You were a stones throw away from our favorite building, 55. Since you were on the 3rd floor, you should not have had any noise problems from neighbors!

We were in building 45. We had a great water view.
We were in room 4530
Angels05~
We were in 4536 in August---and I agree with you----great water view ! We loved watching all the boats/watercraft going up and down the canal. Glad you had a great first stay at OKW. We love it there as well :flower:
but are a bit of a hike to the bus stop and pool.
We timed it Diane and it was only about a 5-6 min walk for us. This was from bldg 45. We (personally) didn't think that was bad at all. When we got home from the parks in the evening, we got off at the Pennisular Rd stop vs the Southpoint stop as we found we got to our room quicker that way.

beccasmom - we had lunch at Olivia's about 2:00. We were the only ones in the restaurant. I guess it's the timing. We never had a chance to eat breakfast there, but I heard it is great!

The walk to the bus stop really wasn't too bad, but it would have been a bit of a hike to the pool. We had our van so we either drove or took the bus to the hosp. house.

We also enjoyed watching the boats and people fishing on the canal. It was very relaxing!

Did you drive to the main pool or to one of your more nearby neighborhood pools? When we stayed there, we went to the pool at South Point, and because it was January, it was a bit nippy walking home from the hot tub late at night!

We will be there Jan. 8th for 5 nites. Is there a good selection of watercraft to rent at Hank's? I requested Bldg. 45 several months back when we made reservations! Can you walk to DD and Pleasure Island or is it too far?

Diane - we drove to the main pool.

jmpurdy - We never rented from Hanks, so not sure about the selection. I don't think you can walk to dtd or pl. island from the resort, but there is a boat that will take you I believe. You can also hop on a bus at any of the bus stops. Just look for the bus that shows Downtown Disney as its destination.

Anyone know how late the DD & Pleasure Island busses run back to OKW? Asking for my 22 yr. old son who will be headin' in that direction a time or two!!!

We will be there Jan. 8th for 5 nites. Is there a good selection of watercraft to rent at Hank's? I requested Bldg. 45 several months back when we made reservations! Can you walk to DD and Pleasure Island or is it too far?
While we didn't feel the walk to the main pool from bldg 45 was long (5-6 min), we would def consider a walk to DD/PI long. I think I read somewhere it's 30 min or so from the Southpoint area ? I also heard the path is not lit at night.
As for the watercraft. Yes, there was a good selection. They had pontoons, Sea Raycers, 17 foot Boston Whaler Montauk, and Hydro bikes. I'd recommend not renting the Sea Raycers (aka watermice) at OKW. They are very s-l-o-w there. We've rented faster ones at WL and Contemp. But the pontoon was alot of fun. They also rent surrey bikes there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter